Gso 8

That 8 concept is just perfection, for my needs anyways. You ever decide to make it, I will buy it.

I have a feeling that as a more compact chopper than the GSO 10 there is a greater chance that I will actually carry it around.

The second picture does look better than the first.

I have this ground well covered, with a Busse B8, SARGE-7, TGLB, TT Regulator and BRK Hudson Bay, but I would still be tempted by this knife.

I still think the point should be a tiny more upswept ;)
I don't mind wide blades. For an intermediate chopper it makes alot of sense to bring some weight forward

Nice bunch of knives Brummie. I've got this ground covered pretty well too, and like you, I think I could still make room for this 8. It looks great.

I think having the point down the longitudinal axis of the handle at its forward, straight portion is just perfect. And having the point line up exactly with the blade grind is a genius idea-- when you choke up on the choil with the thumb along the side of the blade, as we often do when drilling or doing fine work with the tip, your thumb has a tactile index that tells you, even with eyes closed, where the point of the knife is.

Sorry for digging up this old thread but I'm so excited our collective input helped to get the GSO 8 be a reality (soon I hope )

Sorry for digging up this old thread but I'm so excited our collective input helped to get the GSO 8 be a reality (soon I hope )

The 8 should be celebrated!....... I mean, celebr8ed!!!

Our little community really got behind such a good idea, but it was really YOU who originated the concept, right?

Thanks Silver :D
I just thoight a compact gso 10 would come in handy when I go on long backpack trips as a one tool option

I need to win the powerball!

I feel like I really understand the purpose of the 8 now more than ever, but my financial reality forced me to pick between large, choiled blades. Go big or go home, so I went with the 10....... for now.......

I need to win the powerball!

I feel like I really understand the purpose of the 8 now more than ever, but my financial reality forced me to pick between large, choiled blades. Go big or go home, so I went with the 10....... for now.......

Haha it's a hard choice!

Who else is saddened that the gso 8 is at the end of the production list ?
I can't wait to get mine...

It certainly has me saddened as I have a pre-order for one. I am not sure how long it will take before they hit production as it currently stands, but if we can get the number of orders for it increased, we might be able to bump it up the line a peg or two.

It certainly has me saddened as I have a pre-order for one. I am not sure how long it will take before they hit production as it currently stands, but if we can get the number of orders for it increased, we might be able to bump it up the line a peg or two.

I hope it gets moved up! It is an outstanding concept and great design for sure, but look what it's going up against. The 10 already had a large following and the 6 seems to be gaining popularity. And people are going crazy for the bushcrafter! Is it possible to have too many good options?? :p

Can't wait for you to have this. "The man who inspired a new model from Guy himself". Any way to know if you ordered the first one?

That would be sweet :D
I was a bit late ordering because I had to round up the money

Oh I see. Yeah, I always hate how real life gets in the of things..... even if yours isn't the first, it's still going to be a great day when you get that mail delivery!

Back