Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

I spent the day testing a recipe that I’ve shared with some Guardians. It seems to have turned out well.
4te8ms8.jpg

Another fine portrait. Excellent image of your Hartshead.
Thank you so much, Harvey!:thumbsup:
Two great pics Dennis, brought a real smile to my gap-toothed old face! :D :thumbsup:
Thank you for the kind words, my friend!:)
I can do a little more of Winchester if you want.
Oh I better put some more lambsfoot content in this hadn't I. :oops::D
PR6ZQ3k.jpg
Phenomenal tour, David! Thanks for taking the time to post all of that!:cool::thumbsup:
That's funny, my family still live there - just across 119th from Westmoore. Small world.
In the appartments?
We go past the school about every day!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hope everyone is doing OK, staying well, and keeping busy. Hope we all have a good week Guardians :) :thumbsup:

6zDpwAt.jpg
Terrific photo, Jack! Au natural!:cool::thumbsup:
All of your SFOs are special, but my beautiful Sambar Hartshead Barlow is the one for this special day! :D Be well my friend! :) :thumbsup:

48108035888_6106958d29_o_d.jpg
Indeed! Yours is a fine example, Ron!
Good Morning Guardians
Great shot of your Rosewood, John!! Looks satisfying to be in the sunshine!;):thumbsup:
Happy Birthday, Jack!

gnZI6rD.jpg
A lovely photo, Rachel!:cool::thumbsup:
A wonderful B-day wish shot!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Happy Birthday Jack !!!
Best wishes from the flock and I on this special day all the way from Eastern Ontario :thumbsup: :)
kGO0UVm.jpg
Herd is looking good, Dan!:cool::thumbsup:
Have a wonderful time today, Jack!
KhrmZe3.jpg
Lovely pairing, Vince!!;):thumbsup:
I'm actually carrying my ironwood today but as Jack has posted a pic of the Three Stags pub I thought I'd post an old pic of a bottle of their fine Black Lurcher beer that is brewed especially for the Three Stags. :cool:
6Hl3UqU.jpg
Chuck said Good Guys Wear Black! Drinking black should count as well!:cool::thumbsup:
View attachment 1312295
Leaf blower was running like caca... Turns out a cracked fuel line was the culprit. Rosie along for all duties cutting related today.
A Lambsfoot, Duct tape and bailing wire...you can fix anything! :D:thumbsup:
Have a good start to the week Guardians.

fD7PUJ3.jpg
You as well! Looking good, Mike!:thumbsup:
Recycled picture of what I'm using today.
View attachment 1312314

fi8Ru5d.jpg
A great looking HHB, Bill!:thumbsup:
Great looking trio, the horn is so eye-popping translucent!:eek::thumbsup:
Good morning Guardians and anyone else looking in.

XVpetdH.jpg

U1mINyp.jpg

Jack Black Jack Black - I thought it only fitting to show your SFO Hartshead Barlow knives for your Birthday.:thumbsup::)
Most appropriate and handsome pair of HHB'S, Ed!:):thumbsup: Really great to see your posts again!
Lamb foot helping with lunch today. I was almost finished with lunch when I realized I was using the Lamb Foot, it's starting to get a nice patina on it.
View attachment 1312363
They're just so natural in the hand!:D:thumbsup: Looking good, Chuck!
Happy birthday, Jack!
Hope you're having a good day.
I'm carrying my HHB in honor of your day!:thumbsup:;)
MV1cEod.jpg
Wonderful photo, Mark!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Is that a walking stick or a cain with your great looking HHB?
Hope everyone is doing OK. Thank you for all the well wishes Guardians, they mean a lot :) :thumbsup:

MhaTNs9.jpg
Another fine foto, Jack!:):thumbsup:
HHB for HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK!
glXRb8G.jpg
I like your energy!!;):thumbsup:
Happy Birthday, Jack, from the Dorset Oosier and me. See if I can find it for a picture now.
Found it!
sL4pvnR.jpg

Of course I'm really from Devon, but Devon and Dorset are almost as contiguous as Cadbury Castle and Winchester Cathedral.:rolleyes:
Very cool photo!:cool::thumbsup:
Very cool looking slip...and Ironwood, John!! Love the two-tone, great
Jack Black Jack Black - Thank you, Jack. A hearty Happy Birthday to you. I can see you’ve made the best of it. Be Safe. Cheers!

No. It’s not a JB Ebony SFO being consumed by fire. It’s the fabulous Ebony Big ùn SFO resting on a failed first draft of a breakfast Naan.:D
View attachment 1312471
:eek::thumbsup:
Very cool HOT shot, Harvey! What a great setup for the photo!:thumbsup:
I spent the day testing a recipe that I’ve shared with some Guardians. It seems to have turned out well.
4te8ms8.jpg
And the very "tasty" results and photo! Warm homemade bread with butter and honey...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope everyone is safe and sound, as much as you can be without cabin fever!:eek:
Happy belated birthday to @K33ncutter and Jack Jack Black Jack Black !:):thumbsup:

kymPlVQ.jpg

4te8ms8.jpg

That looks great Dave :thumbsup:

Looking good! I spent some time today testing some cheese that might go nicely on that bread. :D

0y7EA7Fh.jpg

That looks tasty Greg :)

Started some sourdough...

Good luck John :thumbsup:

It seems some of the Guardians of the Lambsfoot are becoming Knights of Sourdough. :p I'm sure it's okay to be both. :cool::thumbsup:

Just so long as there's some Lambsfoot content ;) :D :thumbsup:

Terrific photo, Jack! Au natural!:cool::thumbsup:

Another fine foto, Jack!:):thumbsup:

Hope everyone is safe and sound, as much as you can be without cabin fever!:eek:
Happy belated birthday to @K33ncutter and Jack Jack Black Jack Black !:):thumbsup:

kymPlVQ.jpg

Thank you kindly Dennis, great photo my friend :thumbsup:

Morning Guardians, many thanks, once again, for all the very kind birthday wishes yesterday :) I hope everyone is managing OK, it looks like you're all keeping busy, and being industrious with that sourdough ;) Please keep well and stay safe Guardians, I'm off to try and get some flour later, and anything else I can pick up, so we'll see how that goes ;) :thumbsup:

EOCNYJB.jpg

I have a lot of catching up to do here but in the meantime, I'll check in with a pic.
Black WCLF, black cigar band, black beer can (with rather disturbing art :eek:): cool pic, Dylan. :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:
(Have you ever had Black Label beer? Not sure if it's even brewed anymore.)

Hi Jack. Still struggling, my friend. Thanks for thinking of me.:thumbsup:
I hope you find relief with your new meds.
Mark, I hope you can shake whatever you have ASAP; seems like you've been under the weather for a long time. :(

View attachment 1310249Just picked up this delight. ...
That's splendid wood on your new lambsfoot, @WDJ!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
Forcing myself to learn new technologies so I can hold classes online.
I'm a very traditional type of teacher, white boards and lectures, so learning new tricks has this old dog scratching his head a bit.
But I'm learning with the help of my Wife and Kids, and my students are excited to get reconnected with me and their classmates.
My girlfriend is having to do the same John, she reckons it's more work than teaching a normal class :rolleyes: ...
Tell her i feel bad for her, it's definitely more time consuming than teaching to live students.
Nice pic, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
I'm also quite a traditional teacher (I think white boards are "cutting edge" :rolleyes:), so trying to teach entirely online is VERY time consuming for me. I think I spent almost 6 hours yesterday to get Thursday's class ready. It's kind of an interesting intellectual puzzle, thinking about what I might try, but my students are likely to be short-changed by my experiments.

My old press pass (from 1993 this one) :thumbsup:
Cool photo, Jack; thanks for taking us into the time machine! :cool::cool:;)

I couldn't let this one slip by. :D Taken yesterday.
Sign of the trying times! :(

Good Afternoon Guardians.
View attachment 1310511
Superb horn handle and remarkable bolster on your knife, Harvey! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

These two beautiful Lambsfoot knives in the pocket. Didn't get much done today. Other than some relaxation. Gonna go for a lil Kettlebell workout on the back patio...wish me luck.
View attachment 1310579
Dynamic duo of lambs foots, Taylor! :thumbsup::cool::cool: I've never tried kettlebells; do they have advantages over dumbbells?

Good Morning Guardians and anyone else looking in.
Answers to "burning questions" some of you might have.
Looking good, ED! Thanks for the pic and the update; get better every day! :cool::thumbsup::cool:

A recycled picture of some beautiful stag...
View attachment 1310885
Good morning, Guardians!
Hope everyone is safe. Here's a link to something that made me smile:

https://www.mlb.com/news/vin-scully-sends-words-of-encouragement
I've got my AC in tow today (recycled picture), but I've been cooped up preparing lesson plans and grading a week's worth of assignments that were turned in.
Superb photos of your Ashley's Choice models, @herder and Vince and Joshua! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

View attachment 1310975 View attachment 1310976 View attachment 1310977 View attachment 1310978 View attachment 1310979 View attachment 1310980 So here it is I sent a Wright’s lambsfoot out for a recover and I am quite happy with the results. I had it recovered in cinnamon giraffe bone. The fit and finish is now flawless thanks to @jsdistin
Congrats on the mods!! :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I went straight to The Three Stags heads after, and had a pint of Black Lurcher! :D I don't get there that often, but it's one of my favourite old pubs :) Even, if their car-park is strangely overrun by semi-wild guinea-pigs :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:
I still have plenty to do here, but miss being able to get out and about. Take care, stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday :thumbsup:
Your stag HHB photo is Splendor in the Grass, Jack! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
The "feral" guinea pigs are too weird for words! :eek::rolleyes:
So you're banned from going out at all?? That's much more draconian than (my interpretation of?) the current rules here in Michigan. Going outdoors for exercise is acceptable, as long as 6' social distance is maintained. I've walked a total of over 92 miles in the past 2 weeks; I don't know what I'll do if I can't get out for a 1-2 hour walk each day!

It’s all going smooth here this morning Guardians! ;) Y’all stay safe out there! :thumbsup:
Your rare white smooth bone WCLF is a real treat, Ron!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

Hoping for blue skies and lots of sunshine today. Enjoy your Sunday, folks!
5LZYKOP.jpg
Outstanding pic of your ironwood, Mark!! :thumbsup::cool::cool: That's my favorite "knife pose".

Lola says meow meow meow lambfoot meow... or, roughly translated, something something something lambfoot something!
Being bilingual must be a real blessing! :D:D (That cat isn't named after the old Kinks song, is she?)

YIPPEEE!! I manage to eat a bowl of Oatmeal by mouth today - not feeding tube.
:cool::thumbsup::cool:

I made some tomato and lentil soup. I used a spoon to eat it, but it was so thick, I could have probably managed with my Lambsfoot :D :thumbsup:
That looks healthy, hearty, and delicious, Jack! :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool:

That's not as bad as confusing " 'scuse me while I kiss this guy" for " 'scuse me while I kiss the sky" in one of Jimi Hendrix's songs! :p:D;)
:p:thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment Gary. :) Thanks also for the great outdoor photo of Cracker Jack. :thumbsup: Hope you and yours are staying safe and well my friend! :)
Thanks, Ron. :) "So far, so good" is our current motto. :thumbsup:;)

My hens have stepped up! Been getting about 4-5 eggs a day! They must have heard me talking about making some chicken noodle soup ;)
View attachment 1311904
Taylor, your damascus snakewood lambsfoot must have turned you into some kind of chicken whisperer! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Gary :D :thumbsup: I think you are quite right, and there are also practitioners who have cosied up to drug companies! o_O

That sounds like a future project :) Might have to wait a while though :rolleyes:

Really splendid pic there GT! :) :thumbsup:
Yeah, MDs and drug-makers is a combination that can be abused. :(
I did a bit more research about Slack, and there may not be much to see.It seems that "They paved Camelot, and put up a parking lot." :rolleyes:
Thanks, Jack. :)

Lam Jack 2017 horn Guardians lambsfoot for me this week (thanks, @mrknife):
LJ.veg.12019.jpg

- GT

Indeed! Yours is a fine example, Ron!
Thank you Dennis! :)

Your rare white smooth bone WCLF is a real treat, Ron!! :cool::cool::thumbsup:

“So far, so good" is our current motto. :thumbsup:;)

Lam Jack 2017 horn Guardians lambsfoot for me this week (thanks, @mrknife):
lj-veg-12019-jpg.1312747
As always your compliments are appreciated Gary! :) “So far, so good" is the same way we feel too! :thumbsup: It’s great to see you are still eating healthy. In times like this it definitely can’t hurt anything! :D

Great shot of your Rosewood, John!!
Thank you, Dennis. :)

Very cool looking slip...and Ironwood, John!! Love the two-tone, great
Thanks. :)
Just fiddling around with a few different ideas.
I'm sure I'll eventually land on a design that I like.
I think I'm going to try one that is laced shut, it should look very cool.

You won't ever lose your way with that one. :cool::thumbsup:

And yet another super pocket slip??:eek::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thank you, again. :D

Just so long as there's some Lambsfoot content ;) :D :thumbsup:

I'm off to try and get some flour later, and anything else I can pick up, so we'll see how that goes ;) :thumbsup:

EOCNYJB.jpg
Good luck, Jack.
Beautiful lamb to assist you today. :cool::thumbsup:

I'm also quite a traditional teacher (I think white boards are "cutting edge" :rolleyes:), so trying to teach entirely online is VERY time consuming for me. I think I spent almost 6 hours yesterday to get Thursday's class ready. It's kind of an interesting intellectual puzzle, thinking about what I might try, but my students are likely to be short-changed by my experiments.
I'm sure all teachers are figuring out the same stuff.
It's a hassle, but at least we are still being allowed to work.
I've got the video conference stuff worked out and a white board at home, so...

Nice pic, John! :thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:
Thank you, GT. :)

Brussels sprouts... Yummy, I love 'em.
Great picture of your Lamb in action, GT. :cool::thumbsup:

Such a fine specimen, Ron. :cool::thumbsup:

I like the big stripe down the handle, really unique. :cool::thumbsup:

Good Morning Guardians
I doing my first online lectures, wish me luck.
I'll have my Lamb in my pocket to get me through it. :D

I'm still practicing my leather craft techniques. I've got the stitching down pretty good now, edging is also good, but I need to do more stamping... not perfectly lined up and could be much deeper. Practice, practice, practice... It's been a lot of years.

Last edited:
Such a fine specimen, Ron. :cool::thumbsup:
Thanks John! :)

Good Morning Guardians
I doing my first online lectures, wish me luck.
I'll have my Lamb in my pocket to get me through it. :D

I'm still practicing my leather craft techniques. I've got the stitching down pretty good now, edging is also good, but I need to do more stamping... not perfectly lined up and could be much deeper. Practice, practice, practice... It's been a lot of years.
Looking good John! :cool: I suspect you’ll pick it back up soon! :thumbsup:

Good morning Guardians! :) I hope y’all are safe and well. Pam’s working at home today, so I’m in the living room on my iPad, watching/listening to the morning news. I’ve got a Sambar wee ‘un close at hand! :D

49719370888_00f9c76e11_c_d.jpg
Nice one, Ron! :thumbsup:

Back