1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Guardians of The Lambsfoot!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Jack Black, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    No apologies required, Jordon. So good to see a Lamb being put to proper use. The blue jigged bone looks beautiful.

2. Fodderwing

Fodderwing Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2017
    IMG_7796.jpeg

peanutsxx, TFBraden, donn and 15 others like this.
  3. sitflyer

sitflyer

Mar 10, 2011

Wow, just saw this mention Jack, I've been occasionally lurking but some pressing issues have taken up a lot of my time lately.

The second that I have was the stag Big'un I like to call "lumpy" LOL, It actually has a really nice action on it, but the stag was fit a little weirdly, I remedied the issue by sanding some flats on the high spots. The knife oddly came with a polished blade with absolutely no attempt at even putting an edge on it, I laughed when I put my finger to it and felt the butterknife roundness of the blade.

Stag Big'un.jpg

In the end it only took me few minutes to have this fun knife singing its way through newsprint :D It was my first Lambsfoot and has a warm spot in my heart! Thanks Jack. :thumbsup::cool:

4. OLd_gUY

OLd_gUY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    Very nice!
    Your fortune cookie quote reminded me that I opened one to read "You are soon to meet a short, dark haired man". As I turned and took a step while scratching my head, I bumped into dark haired midget! NO LIE! True.
    OG

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  5. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    Hmmm... think I'll get a bit of work done in the wood shop today:

[​IMG]

Gonna need a few helpers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A sharp blade cuts best!!!!

peanutsxx, TFBraden, pjsjr and 17 others like this.
  6. Half/Stop

Half/Stop Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2014
    :thumbsup::D

cigarrodog likes this.
  7. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
  8. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Thanks for all of that Jack ,it was very interesting to see that Jousting is still conducted , even though in a very small scale . Very sorry for your bad back .
    I know back pain and it is not much fun especially when you are told that it can't be fixed . Glad to see that you are Carry'n On instead of just Sitting It Out . Take care my friend .

Harry

9. WhittlinAway

WhittlinAway Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks Jack. I've been quite busy, but can't really complain. One of these days it'll slow down. In the meantime, rest assured that there's a lambsfoot in my pocket pretty much every day. :)

Sorry to hear that your back is giving you problems again. I'm glad you were able to make it through the tournament, though. Those photos were amazing and I bet it was quite something to behold in person!

10. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Incredible story, Mike! Glad things are looking up, and you hung tough through it all! Prayers for you and your family!
    And a big congratulations on the new member of the family.
    Plus, fantastic photos of some great knives! Thamks for the posts!
    Oh, so lovely!! Great shot, Dwight !
    I can smell that from here, Vince!
    A different kind of Jasmine...Jazzman!:D:cool:

Great photos as always, Gary!:):thumbsup:
    Very nice photo, Ron!:cool::thumbsup:
    Just plano ol' GREAT foto, Jack!:eek::thumbsup:.
    Really sorry to hear about your back problems, got problems in my lower and upper back, I can empathize with you. Hope you get to feeling better my friend!:)
    Very cool! I grew up on horses, a lot of hunting and fishing trips in SW New Mexico, but never been exposed to anything like that! Each photo could be in a travel brochure! Thanks for enduring the pain and posting the event!
    Mine again, encouraged by Preston, and via Petrified Wood: Working on the patina ...
    [​IMG]

11. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    I know I've missed some pages, can't keep up with this train!
    Awsome, Preston! Handsome fella that Dutch :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Ump, I already have regret! Very nice foto, Dwight!!:cool::thumbsup:
    Beautiful! Lucy in the sky. .:D:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    Great pair for any day! Nice post, Ron!:):thumbsup:
    A jousting Lambsfoot!:D:thumbsup: Nice shot, OG!
    They do enjoy some free grazing time! Looks like a beautiful day, José!:cool::thumbsup:
    Nothing wrong with that at all! Love the covers on that one!:):thumbsup:
    A meat eating lamb!:eek::thumbsup: Congratulations on a great knife!:):thumbsup:
    Wow, some (lot:eek:) of fantastic tools!! Nice shots, all of them!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TFBraden, pjsjr, sitflyer and 6 others like this.
  12. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Great to see your Lambsfoot getting some use Jordan :thumbsup:

Loooking lovely Dwight :thumbsup:

Great to see you here Dwight, hope all is well my friend. Thanks for showing us 'Lumpy', you did right to sand it! :D Actually, the one I was thinking of was a different knife, I forget who it went to, it had a small cemented crack in the stag at the rear pin. I guess Lumpy was rejected before the sharpening phase. I just had a look to see if I had a pic of your knife before the sanding, but I couldn't find one, perhaps a good thing! :D :thumbsup:

13. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Thank you very much Dennis, that is very kind :) Fantastic pic there :thumbsup:

14. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Fantastic post Barry, great to see your Lambsfoot knives with those lovely old tools, the perfect setting :thumbsup:

Thank you very much Harry, I'm grateful my friend :thumbsup:

That's good to hear Greg, thanks a lot, the tournament was certainly quite a spectacle :thumbsup:

Prester John and OLd_gUY like this.
  15. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    Morning Guardians, I hope everyone is having a good week :) Thought I'd carry my own Unity Lambsfoot today :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

TFBraden, pjsjr, Pàdruig and 10 others like this.
  16. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Jack...:thumbsup:

Jack Black likes this.
  17. Pt-Luso

Pt-Luso Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Many thanks Dennis...:thumbsup:

mitch4ging likes this.
  18. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Great photo, Dennis. Makes the patina look "artistic".

Very cool Lamb, Jack.

19. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Good Morning Guardians
    [​IMG]

peanutsxx, TFBraden, pjsjr and 10 others like this.
  20. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Thank you very much, Jack!
    Good looking fella to have with you!:):thumbsup: Hope you get to feeling better!
    Thank you very much, John!

Legal disclaimer:
    Any artistic content in any and all my fotos, either actual or implied, is totally accidental and without malice!:D

Good morning, all!

Ramrodmb, OLd_gUY, Jack Black and 2 others like this.