Hap40 Caly 3 ?

Haha it might as well be! I was sweating bad that I was gonna miss out!
It was a stressful couple of days, I think I can relax now that I got one as well as the Para3 Cruwear.
They are still coming up at some dealers, there'll probably be a few more

I am getting the opinion that these sprint runs are bs. Retailers are all sold out and I wonder if there are going to be more? I know that there are individuals that are buying them up in hope of profiteering on them after the entire run is sold out. Some of us would like a shot at getting only one. The Caly 3 basically evaporated and the Para 3 went nearly as fast. This is a failure by somebody to anticipate the demand.

I am getting the opinion that these sprint runs are bs. Retailers are all sold out and I wonder if there are going to be more? I know that there are individuals that are buying them up in hope of profiteering on them after the entire run is sold out. Some of us would like a shot at getting only one. The Caly 3 basically evaporated and the Para 3 went nearly as fast. This is a failure by somebody to anticipate the demand.

Yeah, I got lucky and got a para 3 sprint. Was browsing the Spyderco online forums and people just started posting that these were for sale at dealers. When I checked all my usual online dealers...All sold out. Some guy posted that knivesplus had some in stock and was able to get one. I plan on using it too

I am pretty sure this is only the first wave. There should be more popping up over the next few days. Most dealers let you sign up for email notification when an item is in stock. Do that at as many sites as you can and keep checking your email. I snagged mine easy enough today. It seems like many of the dealers haven't even got their first shipment yet since I haven't received an in stock notification from a few of the dealers I signed up with.

It is the sprint salsa and you gotta be ready to dance. That is half the fun.

I missed both :/
Would anybody like to speculate how unlikely I am to receive either Sprint if I hopped on the "preorder" waitlist at KC today before noon? My expectations are extremely low...

I cancelled a preorder at KC today because I found one elsewhere but I wouldnt get my hopes up on getting one there. They are usually the first site to start taking preorders. My preorder was placed
9 months ago.

Sign up for in stock notifications like I said and be quick on the draw. I think your odds are good that way.

Thanks to the fine folks at knifeworks.com, I received my new Caly 3 today. For those that need to know, this knife weighs in at 3.1 ounces on my calibrated digital scale.

Thanks to the fine folks at knifeworks.com, I received my new Caly 3 today. For those that need to know, this knife weighs in at 3.1 ounces on my calibrated digital scale.
Nice, congrats. And thanks for the weight, that's what we were all hoping to hear.

I believe the Caly3 HAP40 with Green G-10 Sprint Run will have 1,200 pieces produced so there will be plenty to go around and no need to pay more than $128.97.

I believe the Caly3 HAP40 with Green G-10 Sprint Run will have 1,200 pieces produced so there will be plenty to go around and no need to pay more than $128.97.

Agreed. $215 is a bit steep.

I am sure this is enough for everyone, who will put some efforts to get the knife. Just got e-mail from KC. Mine is on it's way to me.

KW has them in stock.
You posted the same thing on the Spyderco forum last night. I saw the post within 1 minute and I never saw them come into stock at KW at all. Where are you getting your information?

Last edited:
Back