Help me design a "Bushcraft" knife - [CONTEST]

S30V seems to be the top for cutting and rust resistance

who is gonna chop with there scandi?? :)

I know what ya sayin bro but you may have to batton through some real hard wood with knots in etc and in that case I'd rather have 3V than S30V !

I'm still thinkin a 4" blade would be best for this type of knife !

Cody Lundin also thinks about a 4" blade is right and I'm not gonna question his knowledge !!!:D:thumbup:

Here ya go...#11

bushcraft11.gif

Dan,
This is a great looking knife. :thumbup:

I know what ya sayin bro but you may have to batton through some real hard wood with knots in etc and in that case I'd rather have 3V than S30V !

I'm still thinkin a 4" blade would be best for this type of knife !

Cody Lundin also thinks about a 4" blade is right and I'm not gonna question his knowledge !!!:D:thumbup:

Wouldn't a 4" blade also be legal to carry? I know 4" and below is legal to carry here in Memphis, TN....

no sweat, Ron. :D

I'm pretty darned excited about it too....:p

A few small sheets of 0.130 thickness 3V are on their way! :thumbup:

No Danny, we don't.

But some of us think it needs some kind of hollow handle for all sorts of goodies.

I am definitely toying with the idea of creating an "inner chamber" beneath removable handle slabs. :thumbup:

I am, by the way, accepting pre-orders on this knife. Steel on the way....handle material on the way...

I have not yet settled on either 9 or 11...(or maybe some kind of twisted combination of the two).

Dan

Dan,
I sent you a PM. How can we pe-order one of these Bushcraft knives?

Ron

I would love to see:

Design #11
Red Micarta Handle
(Lefty) Kydex sheath with FireSteel loop

Dan,
I sent you a PM. How can we pe-order one of these Bushcraft knives?

Ron

I would love to see:

Design #11
Red Micarta Handle
(Lefty) Kydex sheath with FireSteel loop

You might not need to buy one, you might be the lucky winner bro !!!!

Ok guys....here's the latest.

The best mixture of both 9 & 11

bushcraft12.gif

I kept the drop-handle from #9 and put in the contouring from #11.

I extended the butt of the handle from 9 to be more like a "dog bone" handle...to provide a flat spot for batoning.

The more I think about it...having an exposed pommel is going to make things more expensive and time-consuming. Staying with the keep-it-simple concept...came up with a handle that seemed the best of both worlds.

New handle has 2 pins and 2 lanyard holes.

The tang has an "empty box" cut out of it to lighten it up and also since the handles will be removable, it will serve as a mini storage box.

The blade is from #9 - nice and pointy/stabby.

Also, I'm sticking with scandi grind on this one...just seems the most practical...both for me and for general users.

Input still welcome! :thumbup:

Back