Hog Killer photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's perfectly understandable that my quest for $$$ should take a backseat to your quest for steel. Worth a shot though. I'm actually rather honored. No one's ever siglined me before.:D:thumbup:

Like this thread, its pretty epic. I believe ya'll beat the EE forums today for traffic. Rock on ESEE, I'm gettin' a Junglas, one way or another. Moose

As a general responce to everything from about page 3 on:

Gun, knife. They both make bloody holes in things and make them dead pretty darned quick.

If you're ok with shooting them, then complaining about the fact that death by knife might take a few seconds longer is just quibbling.

Gun, knife. They both make bloody holes in things and make them dead pretty darned quick.

If you're ok with shooting them, then complaining about the fact that death by knife might take a few seconds longer is just quibbling.

I agree. It's easy to say a gun shot would be more humane but the reality is that some shots don't end up where you wanted them. Then you need multiple shots until you get it right. That's if the prey doesn't run away with only a wounding shot never to be seen again. At least the OP finished the job.
Just something to think about.

I get it now! If my 108lb wife hacks a hog its ok. If I do it at 168lbs its questionable. If my 200lb baby brother does it, he was cheating. He would need to use a butter knife:).

I just order a Junglas. I've been putting it off but I think I need one to cut my "Ham" for breakfast. :). I belive for every sale lost from this thread there is still 3 more who will really buy one because of the thread. I'm not a hunter. I won't kill a Hog. But I just like what the Junglas can do

funny story here lol. a guy a few pages back was talking about Graf germany or honesfeld (same place basically) i was in 1 AD (2-6 INF) over there and we were training getting ready to head over to iraq. the hogs are huge. they are true russian bores and the cold will not kill them (for the guy who was hoping the canadian winter would get em) i was driving down the road and a freaking huge hog, the lead one in the pack literally charged my humvee and smashed into the side door. it shook the freaking truck i was like holy shit these things are serious.

anyways on the the really funny part. we just finished up a mission and had been at it for about 18 hours. about a foot of snow on the ground. you have to hoist everything up in the tree's or leave them in the veh's other wise the hogs would find your AO and tear shit up and no one had any live rounds to fend them off. (german army officers and squad leaders each get 5 rounds of live ammo just for the hogs just in case) well anyways i digress. we finished the mission, set up our patrol base, got the guard roster up and hit the sack. literally you get in all 3 bags and rack out. i wake up to this crazy screaming and i am like WTF noise and light discipline i am about to fuck one of my joes up. the screaming continues. i hop up throw my boots on get my cheap ass red lens flashlight and go over to where its coming from. i see a monstrous hog dragging my little hooah by his sleeping bag out into the woods. my private has his saw by the barrel just swinging at it. i am like holy shit what the fuck do i do here. (the tusks on the russian bores are 2-4 inches long and will gut you quick) we grab him and start pulling and he finally connects to the hogs nose and it turns and runs away. i am like wtf was a hog trying to drag you off in the woods for, i said are you on your period or in heat or something. come to find out he was tired of frozen mre's so he had two stashed in the bottom of his bag to keep warm. hahahah i still smoked the shit out of him the next day but i think he had learned his lesson before that.

hunting hogs with a knife is a crazy rush, my buddies from florida use to make fun of me all the time for shooting them. watching the dogs chase, fight, and bay a hog is pretty amazing and then to go in and jump on the hog and stick it with a big as pig sticker (before i learned i always wondered where that damn name came from hint hint lol) its a experience all hunters should have. very enlightening. but to fight one that isn't worn out from the dogs is crazy, again andrew hats off to you sir. definitely not my way of doing it but hey to each his own.

wow that got long lol.

Got no problem with killin' hogs, even hope to get in on a hunt down here in South Alabama one day. These peanut fields are getting rooted up something fierce. But what I'm having trouble with, is where is all the blood on those hogs? With the savagery of having to hack'em to death, they should be bloody as hell! But they're not, they're as dry as a saltine! And the handle on that Junglas is spotless. Seems to me that Micarta handle would stain easily with blood. All I'm saying is that to have been shredded with a Junglas, they're some damn clean hogs! Too, without being a forensic expert, it seems to me that the slashes (long deep slashes) on the pigs' sides would be hard to achieve with a hog charging you head on! So, just some observations, I won't even begin to get into his claim of actually chasing those pigs down. I've seen some of our Alabama hogs run through the woods while hunting and there is'nt a snowballs' chance in hell you're gonna run one down!

Maybe this is staged. Maybe the pigs where shoot dead first and then hacked...

No doubt with dogs. Got a friend that uses Pit-Bulls, but you ain't gonna do it on foot!

He said they were cornered by a fence.
Although not in the same league when young and fit I chased down domestic pigs on a hobby farm.
Having a fence to coral them against when they escaped sure helped

Y'all be amazed at just how massive of a problem feral hogs have become out here in the San Joaquin Valley of Northern California. The entire valley grows food for the all the US and the rest of the world. It hasn't quite reach Texas levels yet, but they say if nothings done soon, we'll be there in about 1-2 years. It's become a full on 24/7 hunt out here to take out as many as possible before they destroy the states sole economy, agriculture. We've all seen first hand what they're capable of doing to a field of crops, a fence line, and just how tough they are to trap. A lot of the farmers I know have resorted to mounting night/thermal sights to give them any kind of advantage they can get.

Dang, I hate I missed the way this thread went. That's what I get for sleeping at work for hours at a time.

I've got a few dozen smart comments but I'll just refer back to my original post about the wussification of mankind.

SKS is an awesome brush/hog gun.
7.62x39 has pretty much the same ballistics as a 30-30, but fmj will penetrate the brisket where soft points won't. cheaper ammo, too.
:D

That's good advice, thx. A 30-30's always been my go-to gun for brush hunting. I think I'm going shopping....

Pretty much. Some can't grasp that because it doesn't feel right on a emotional moralist level. Fact is many folks gut shoot 'em so they run off and die elsewhere. Or they trap 'em, pull 'em out, step on 'em, pop a .22 short into their brainpan, and let 'em flop around for a while. When you hunt 'em with a knife they're going to die fairly quick. In the end, dead is dead. There ain't no killing 'em softly.

I kinda want a Junglas now.

YOU WILL NOT REGRET it. lol. Hey Jeff, would it be possible to get a custom Junglas twice lengthed? Not very functional, but would be fun to have :D hahaha....man I am already thinking of its uses....normal junglas is awesome, but was a thought mowed in my head, would it cost me the price of TWO junglas to have a length like that made? :D ? pleaseeeeeee hahaha. Now I need to find some hogs...or zombies lol.

grunt soldier - thanks for the back up on Graf and the hogs...(it was me)

they are reDICulous large and aggressive, and I'm glad my memories of more than 20 years ago as still spot on!

-solo

funny story here lol. a guy a few pages back was talking about Graf germany or honesfeld (same place basically) i was in 1 AD (2-6 INF) over there and we were training getting ready to head over to iraq. the hogs are huge. they are true russian bores and the cold will not kill them (for the guy who was hoping the canadian winter would get em) i was driving down the road and a freaking huge hog, the lead one in the pack literally charged my humvee and smashed into the side door. it shook the freaking truck i was like holy shit these things are serious.

anyways on the the really funny part. we just finished up a mission and had been at it for about 18 hours. about a foot of snow on the ground. you have to hoist everything up in the tree's or leave them in the veh's other wise the hogs would find your AO and tear shit up and no one had any live rounds to fend them off. (german army officers and squad leaders each get 5 rounds of live ammo just for the hogs just in case) well anyways i digress. we finished the mission, set up our patrol base, got the guard roster up and hit the sack. literally you get in all 3 bags and rack out. i wake up to this crazy screaming and i am like WTF noise and light discipline i am about to fuck one of my joes up. the screaming continues. i hop up throw my boots on get my cheap ass red lens flashlight and go over to where its coming from. i see a monstrous hog dragging my little hooah by his sleeping bag out into the woods. my private has his saw by the barrel just swinging at it. i am like holy shit what the fuck do i do here. (the tusks on the russian bores are 2-4 inches long and will gut you quick) we grab him and start pulling and he finally connects to the hogs nose and it turns and runs away. i am like wtf was a hog trying to drag you off in the woods for, i said are you on your period or in heat or something. come to find out he was tired of frozen mre's so he had two stashed in the bottom of his bag to keep warm. hahahah i still smoked the shit out of him the next day but i think he had learned his lesson before that.

hunting hogs with a knife is a crazy rush, my buddies from florida use to make fun of me all the time for shooting them. watching the dogs chase, fight, and bay a hog is pretty amazing and then to go in and jump on the hog and stick it with a big as pig sticker (before i learned i always wondered where that damn name came from hint hint lol) its a experience all hunters should have. very enlightening. but to fight one that isn't worn out from the dogs is crazy, again andrew hats off to you sir. definitely not my way of doing it but hey to each his own.

wow that got long lol.

They get that big? I'm ganna google this. Thats scary! I'm assuming a single shot from a rifle wouldn't do?

Trained in both Graf and Hohenfels or howeverthehell you spell it. Never saw any hogs there, but found plenty of rooted-up ground and such where they'd been. I also found a hoofprint that my hand fit inside of:eek:! Do NOT wanna run into that guy. 'Bout the most dangerous critter I ran into in Germany was a really unhappy badger.

They get that big? I'm ganna google this. Thats scary! I'm assuming a single shot from a rifle wouldn't do?

The History Channel has had a couple specials on feral hogs in the US lately and the massive sizes they've been growing to. From what they said it's getting more and more common to find these lunkers in the 500lbs+ range. They had a bunch of photos of some that were that size and larger, they called it Hogzilla. They're cross breeds between active feral hogs and escaped domesticated hogs that breed the massive offspring.

supposidly some 13yr old-ish boy shot hogzilla in alabama..???

i get the email about once a year and the story always changes but i looked it up once and already forgot where it happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back