Home Defense kukri

I bet if you spent a lifetime whittling on an island, watching gods dance in the sky and water ,while waiting for ritual wars to carry on in the holy lands. You would find a curious amount of time to make your impressive war club more intricate, ndog :D all that tribal art is so awesome because of the time and effort like everything hand made.

Wow another gorgeous club.... Another spectacular example of a war club. Those police horror stories don't surprise me at all. They are trying to disarm us slowly but surely here in the states. All I can say is "from my cold dead hands" and I will leave it at that. Todays sheeple are the real problem around here. Anyone who gives up their rights for a false sense of security deserves neither.

I am soooooo jealous of those cool ass war clubs. I have to design and make one myself after seeing these two examples. You guys are pretty cool!

Oh...here is a good martial artist using kukris...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsk1ZSnT2cA

Oh Hawk3/21... I couldn't agree with you more. I have trained in martial arts in my younger days. I find a lot of the skill I learned can be transferred to different weapons. I leaned how to use a bo-staff and nunchaukus which have aided me in all sorts or good defensive technique. Ive been reading about the kukri and it technique. The worst thing you can do it to do a powerful swipe down with a locked wrist. I guess you leave your wrist lose as a goose and "roll" the kukri into the target using velocity instead of power to make the cut. Its just like good old Albert equation. Mass X Velocity = Energy. Use a fast and fluid strike and let the blade velocity do its work instead of your muscles. Thanks for all the info...

Oh...ndoghouse lol, that club could take out a Yeti. It looks like a giant bee's nest on the end of limb, bzzzzzzzz lol. knocked out and stung to death.

Just remember it ain't the police disarming you, its the inept leaders back in that big white house and surrounding area.

I bet if you spent a lifetime whittling on an island, watching gods dance in the sky and water ,while waiting for ritual wars to carry on in the holy lands. You would find a curious amount of time to make your impressive war club more intricate, ndog :D all that tribal art is so awesome because of the time and effort like everything hand made.
War clubs are so cool! Pretty amazing how accurately they can be thrown when youve got that much time to practice. Ive seen video of Samburu hitting birds with them from hundreds of feet away. They cut off a short section of the main tree trunk and leave the branch long for the handle so the club part is bent back toward the user. If that makes sense? Whittling and dancing on an island sounds pretty dang good about now!

Yes but they send the police to do their dirty work Bawanan lol.... Just remember the police have killed more US citizens than insurgent's have since 9/11. I'm dead serious... U.S. police have killed more people than soldiers killed by "terrorists" in the middle east since 9/11. Also police "home invasions" are up 4000% since 9/11. I can only put my head in the sand for so long... The term "terrorist" is just like the term "witch" in history past. Scaring people into giving up their rights for a false sense of security. I will NEVER call the police for ANYTHING... I take care of it myself!

yeah more sage advice from my father : " Do not get noticed, by anyone" lol ( he was paranoid a bit) but fact remains we have to be ultra cautious about the people around us , neighborhoods we live and our relationship with the local enforcement officials. I say be a good citizen, offer a hand, and keep your nose clean, dont get noticed because once you do, you are caught in the system-- and there are financial incentives to keep you grinding in that system.

granted some make it easy; but I do not like that our justice system is so linked to money with bails and corporate prisons etc--- that should all have total government oversight, not be run for profit.

I called the cops once when I thought my sister's house got burgled, turns out it was nothing and it took the cops an hour and 30 minutes to get to me but in the end this : it really felt good to have a society in which it does function most of the time, cops came out , they got the info, kept me informed, found the guy-- figured out there was more to the story and it involved another relative inviting the chap over to an empty house etc etc you get the idea-- anyway I have had very positive experiences with local LEO and with ATF, so before you assume they are out to kill you , make sure you give them a bit of respect and you can generally expect some in return.

this whole riot business is just crazy to me, I would not be anywhere near that place

Another vote for a Revolver or shotgun for home defense. Nice pics of the Kukuri family and those South Pacific war clubs are awesome.

I wouldn't want to get any blood or grey matter on those clubs. To beautiful to use. I have a Cornucopia of swords and firearms for self defense if needed and I keep a 1941 Soviet Entrenching shovel by the front door to deal with Pesty, door to door sales people or religious zealots that stop by on Sundays. It looks like this one.SHOVEL.jpeg

I would take the shovel over a knife or short sword for home defense. One of the edges is sharpened.:D

.... I keep a 1941 Soviet Entrenching shovel by the front door ..... It looks like this one.View attachment 466038 I would take the shovel over a knife or short sword for home defense. One of the edges is sharpened.:D

This is actually a very good idea for people who live in an area where implements of self-defense are prohibited by local laws. It's a legitimate digging/prying tool and you can carry one of these openly in your car pretty much anywhere. I wouldn't sharpen the edge, though. Not really necessary and it might look bad in court.

On an earlier post: Although it makes for a good story and might have worked well in that instance, it's really a bad idea to shoot at someone through a closed door. You can't tell who else might be in the line of fire out there, plus it's expensive to repair or replace a door full of bullet holes. Better to get a stronger door that can't be broken down, or open it before you start blasting away.

If I can just hit my target once with my club its lights out for sure! It aint as pretty as yours tho Kronck:D
4c8ef94fe4d7c1aabc057c5bbbe32b6d

This reminds me of the second Matrix movie: "The Matrix Reloaded." During a fight scene the hero, Neo, yanks a metal sign post out of the ground with a large chunk of concrete still attached at the bottom, and swings it as a war club.

This stuff should probably be Cantina stuff but I'll add my two cents which by today's valuation I owe you a quarter.

"On an earlier post: Although it makes for a good story and might have worked well in that instance, it's really a bad idea to shoot at someone through a closed door. You can't tell who else might be in the line of fire out there, plus it's expensive to repair or replace a door full of bullet holes. Better to get a stronger door that can't be broken down, or open it before you start blasting away. "

It's also a bad idea to drag a guy into the house after you shoot or stab them. Stick with the truth, they will know what you did.

Also if you do shoot through a door I recommend a 38 or a 9mm. When the smoke clears, just take a good ole #2 wood pencil, slather it up with good ole Elmers wood glue and poke it in the hole. After it dries bust off both ends, sand it down a bit and paint or stain. I had 3 in my back door at my first house. Works well.

I haven't tested to see if one of those big boy fat pencils would work for a 45 or not, perhaps I'll test that first chance I get.

This is actually a very good idea for people who live in an area where implements of self-defense are prohibited by local laws. It's a legitimate digging/prying tool and you can carry one of these openly in your car pretty much anywhere. I wouldn't sharpen the edge, though. Not really necessary and it might look bad in court.

On an earlier post: Although it makes for a good story and might have worked well in that instance, it's really a bad idea to shoot at someone through a closed door. You can't tell who else might be in the line of fire out there, plus it's expensive to repair or replace a door full of bullet holes. Better to get a stronger door that can't be broken down, or open it before you start blasting away.
These shovels sharpen themselves if you use them for a while. Basically from blunt to not so blunt. Don't know if I would have enough space to swing one in a house. My door also opens on the left and I'm right handed...

Stronger door is good advice.
Start with the locks. The lock bar is usually only held by the door frame cover and not the frame itself. 1/3rd inch of wood. Lol. Drill a hole long enough to enter the frame and insert a steel pipe. Then the lock bar goes into the pipe when locked and withstands a kick to the door. I got 2 locks on each door. Each one of the two from a different manufacturer.

Alarm systems are cheap if you install them yourself. Until they call the sheriff you are dead of course but good for burglars if you arent at home and the sirens might deter most bad guys.
Put a alarm sign in front of your house but different from the actual system you use.
Electronic dog is fun too. Pair it with a pet location sticker for fire fighters and some doggy toys and bowls in front of the house.
Fake TV flickers nicely at night.
Light which switches on randomly but only after sunset.
Light can also be paired with a delay switch for a few seconds after the electronic doggy starts barking.

Lock striking plates screws can be switched too. Mine are now 4 inch long going into the wooden beam of the door frame.

Well as others have said, I generally go for a gun first. If it sounds REALLY bad, I can probably quietly make it to the Ar.
If someone managed to break into my house, get past the dog, get up the stairs, and stand breathing over my bed I have a 15" Bashpati within reach. Or the Suga knife sitting on top of the night stand. Or the Tirtha bowie in the drawer under that.

That said, while i'm not a big guy at 5'10 190#, as a criminal I would think twice coming up the stairs if a guy was standing at the top with a 15" khukuri tucked into his boxers with a 9mm leveled off at me:D

Most boxers can't hold the weight of a khuk. You'd need to go boxer briefs or full on tighty whities in order to avoid an unfortunate accident.

These shovels worked well in the trenches of WWI to Stalingrad,

I had an elderly russian man that was a soldier in the defense of Stalingrad describe how he and his comrades would lie in the snow and when a nazi patrol came by they would ambush them with these shovels. Then they would have the weapons, boots and any food that the germans had with them. Those were very tough times.

If there was an intruder, waking up my neighbor is my last concern lol.

I have a 15" sirupati and IMO too long to swing indoors. It would definitely have intimidation factor and thrust. Maybe overhead strikes depending on your ceiling height.

Those shovels are great tools as well as weapons. Cold steel actually makes a throwing shovel that looks wickedly devastating!

Just do a web search for it...

It designed after the Russian special forces design. The ends can be sharped, I've seen videos of it being implemented very effectively. Oh... its dirt cheap.

This ended up being a great thread, thanks for all the input my fellow kukri nuts.

Last edited:
Back