Home Defense kukri

+1 on the Seax! ...and the Padam. I have dogs that alert me so hopefully it never gets to cq. In that case my Ithaca scattergun or
4d35e1e21df971725432c8f3b84f46bb

Wow, its like every pic is better or more unique. Again, a beautiful example of craftsmanship. Thats such a beautiful combination of styles.

One thing that cannot be discounted - is the debilitating effect of a high power flashlight. Generally these situations we are talking about are based upon someone seeking to predate upon another. No predator feels confident when their primary sense is taken from them. That gives you precious time.

I can't imagine a gun guy moving to an environment such as yours.

+1 on that sentiment, I avoid these situations too. Unfortunately over the last yearsI've spent 4-5 days a week at the VA. Not only at the mercy of criminals at the facilities but to and from them as well. For me its unavoidable.

I honestly can say I would not remain in a city or state like Mass, Cali or DC. I wholeheartedly support the companies leaving Connecticut, et al. In the true democratic spirit, take your money elsewhere. Vote with your wallet.

Those shovels are great tools as well as weapons. Cold steel actually makes a throwing shovel that looks wickedly devastating!

Just do a web search for it...

It designed after the Russian special forces design. The ends can be sharped, I've seen videos of it being implemented very effectively. Oh... its dirt cheap.

This ended up being a great thread, thanks for all the input my fellow kukri nuts.

There are still these original shovels out there on ebay etc that ARE the original Special Forces model. Get one of these and it will not only work well for self defense. It will appreciate in value. Oh, and they work great for digging dirt, mud & snow too!

Great looking kukuri, I feel one may be in my future. Can you share its weight and length? I have a nice village style kvluk from Gehazi and am considering a prettier companion for it. Plus one thats a bit heavier f for chopping. Yours looks like it hits all the marks.

As much as I love so many of the blades here and am drooling over the pics. Yours looks to be a very practical blade

yeah, I live as a recluse and only dwell on my property--I will never give up my guns-- but if I had too, I would get some kickass clubs like those.

Very nice. Wish I was there. Perhaps one day ill get to such a place.

Yeah, and the elbow to capture and control, they angles to redirect and reduce impact while blocking. I have several impressive Blake's, but the kukuri shape an mass are far superior for defense. I have been searching the web for some kata's. Probably better for me that I havent found them yet. Im only using it for weight for now, holding it up and slow circular motions just to build up some strength.

Oh...here is a good martial artist using kukris...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsk1ZSnT2cA

Oh Hawk3/21... I couldn't agree with you more. I have trained in martial arts in my younger days. I find a lot of the skill I learned can be transferred to different weapons. I leaned how to use a bo-staff and nunchaukus which have aided me in all sorts or good defensive technique. Ive been reading about the kukri and it technique. The worst thing you can do it to do a powerful swipe down with a locked wrist. I guess you leave your wrist lose as a goose and "roll" the kukri into the target using velocity instead of power to make the cut. Its just like good old Albert equation. Mass X Velocity = Energy. Use a fast and fluid strike and let the blade velocity do its work instead of your muscles. Thanks for all the info...

Oh...ndoghouse lol, that club could take out a Yeti. It looks like a giant bee's nest on the end of limb, bzzzzzzzz lol. knocked out and stung to death.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a German sergeant who had sewn his rank signs on his baby blue night suit. I guess in case the tooth fairy visits him at night she'll know who's boss.

I'm 1/8th lumberjack on my mom's side.

If I can just hit my target once with my club its lights out for sure! It aint as pretty as yours tho Kronck:D ...

nice little shileghley, ...er shillaylay, ...arg! shilelegy, ...aha! got it. shillelagh. irish head smasher thingy anyhow.

mine is a tad smaller at 51 cm. and 430 grams. (20" and 15.16 oz.)
shileghlegh.jpg

Last edited:
Nice knockout stick hehehe, I love the big ole burl knot. I would love to find a piece of wood like that. I had a custom black walnut hiking staff that can be broken down into three pieces. Its built very sturdily but I don't think it can deliver a serious blown that the ones I have seen in this thread.

I will post pics of my current home defense kit once the kukri arrives. I like showing off my custom AR builds anyway ;). I'll make sure I post a pic of my latest finished project...

On an earlier post: Although it makes for a good story and might have worked well in that instance, it's really a bad idea to shoot at someone through a closed door. You can't tell who else might be in the line of fire out there, plus it's expensive to repair or replace a door full of bullet holes. Better to get a stronger door that can't be broken down, or open it before you start blasting away.

luckily her apt. like mine (i was on an upper floor tho), faced an open cow and red ant cactus pasture, she was using a .22 lr rifle. she's lucky she even hit the perp.the trooper did tell her she shoulda waited till he got inside. it was a tad illegal to shoot thru the door. not sure if she had to replace the door or just putty the holes & dab some paint on. i would have waited it the bedroom & used the 12 ga. as he came thru the bedroom door. the wife would likely have shot him in the crotch with her .357.

You sir prob only need a phone book (huck it at the intruder) and then good footwork to quickly close the distance ha!

I have heard that before... Its hard to see how the world views you through their eyes. I have been told that I am an intimidating fellow, the tattoos and shaved head don't help either. My size has helped me a lot through life. I have never been in a physical fight probably because people back down the minute I raise my voice. The only person that ever stands up to me is my 120lbs 5'3 wifey. Now that woman can kick my ass :eek:... prob cause I don't fight back. I really am just a big old softy, but don't tell the bad guys that ;)

Me not afraid! Bigger they are, harder they fall, I have naturally shaved head (no tattoo's, afraid of needles very much!).

5'-5 & 9/10's" tall when I was standing up stretched. 160 before I got the keg, just catch me after lunch and my nap and I'll give ya a little what for.

WAIT! Did that say 6'5"? Sorry wrong thread, my bad.

Ok... Maybe this will change your mind. Here are the wife's and my home defense weapons. She has mastered the Beretta 92fs and can hit a paper plate @200 yards with the AK type56.
I have my trusty 1911 that is an extension of me. Oh and my latest AR build, sooooo many parts and upgrades I would need two or three paragraphs to explain all the mods and trick components...

IMG_0371_zpsc3f3890f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is a little closer look at the AR and 1911...
IMG_0368_zps8c2fd73c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hope you enjoyed.

Not afraid! I'm an expert at bobbing and weaving, specially in my power chair. Quick turns. White flag, yellow racing stripe down back.

I seek a truce.

Back