I need your prayers please....

Finish 4th chemo. Well the main week, we got the smaller bag wendsday. She started coughing a lot over a week ago. Our son got back from his trip to brazil a week and a half ago. He brought a nasty virus with him. Her mother or him never said anything to us before coming home. If we knew we would of let him stay there another week.

As it turns out, I got the virus, and we are pretty sure soraia got it too. This is bad, she is coughing nonstop day n night. She was doing so well prior to this, she wasn't using oxygen as much, she could go out without it.
Now it's like she back to 3 to 4 months ago. She's scared that the chemo isn't working now and she is taking a turn for the worse. I told her it's the virus compounding her present problems. The doctors said to keep going with the chemo, but to make sure she's not coughing up yellow stuff. This would mean it turned into a infection, and would need antibiotics right away. They said you have to let the virus run it's coarse, take stuff for symptoms.

This whole thing stinks, I'm praying for her to keep getting well.
Thanks for your support, I appreciate it. :thumbup:

One day at a time, sometimes one minute at a time.:grumpy:

Prayers all around Krav, so that you may all overcome this virus and her cancer. Keep looking and moving forward. Each instance such as this is a stepping stone that must be crossed to reach improvement, recovery, healing. You are doing all that you can and more than has been asked of you, I am sure. I don't mean to speak for Soraia, but I believe she is very proud of you (among other things). Always let her know how you feel, and that you are proud for how far she has come. Let her know that she has some more to go. But she is not alone. She has you by her side, your son, family and friends. And us.

Continue to be her strength and let her be yours.

Praying every day for you and your family Krav, your Wife, may she continue to have to strength to fight, and for the Doctors to have the talent to help cure and heal.

I've been thinking about your wife and keeping her and you in my prayers, I had to tour 4 physical rehab facilities for my SIL yesterday and what an emotionally draining thing to do, on a positive note we did find her a wonderful place only 6 miles from her home and this place was like a hotel with double occupancy rooms but it looks nothing like a hospital or nursing home. She needs about a week of pt and occupational therapy so she can get some her house.

You and your wife are in my prayers constantly, I hope she gets lost this quickly and back into healing mode. After the last 2 weeks of trending to my SIL I'm exhausted, I don't know how you do my friend it is draining, still we do everything for our loved ones no matter the expense to ourselves don't we?.

Keep strong my friend, now that I have internet access at my SILs if you need to vent or just do an emotional dump I'm here for you, pm me or let me know and I'll give you a call.

Just checking in. Soraias still coughing like crazy, which scares the crap out of us. The other day her red blood cell count dropped so low she almost needed a blood transfusion. Thank god it wasn't a couple points lower. But now her white blood cell plummeted out of nowhere.

She has a ct scan I think October 2nd then I think on the 6th well find out the news wether things are better, worse or the same. Going to the oncologist to maybe bet the pleurex out of her side. And get the 5th chemo. She's so tired, coughing through out the night, chemo is beating the crap out of her, in a lot of pain, weak, scared.

This is a big one, I pray things are getting better and the cough is something else. I told her it would be good to see her family in Brazil. She has not seen her mom in 10 years.

We booked a flight for all 3 of us around Christmas we got insurance incase we have to move it, but it's a goal for her. She's still on oxygen and as far as I know we can't board a plane with oxygen tanks. So this has to get better first.

She sent pictures to john of god in Brazil. The entities will be looking at the photo and john of god will send herbs for her to take while the entities are performing surgery every night over the next 6 weeks.

I know it sound a bit crazy but we have to try everything, and she believes in this. That's what matters the most.

Best regards
Krav

Krav,
I am praying that Soraia's health is getting better with the treatments.
If I were in her shoes, I also would be trying everything to get better.
The road to healing is believing and not even thinking about giving up.
I hope You take care of Yourself as You take care of her.

Last edited:
Krav, I am adding my prayers to those of the other folks here. May she better better soon and thrive. Take care of yourself as best you can, I know it is very difficult times. God Bless.

I am hoping for some good news and positive thoughts your way. I think its amazing how strong you've stayed during these trying times. I know it can't be easy.

Hey man. I will definitely pray. If you guys are able, look up restoring lives international and attend one of their conferences, they've got a very strong handle on the spiritual roots of disease and cancer and I have seen SO MANY people healed from everything it's unreal. Cancer, fibromyalgia, back problems, CFS, the list goes on and on and on. Good luck bro.

Thank you so much guys. I type these words with tears in my eyes. Soraias oxygen levels are very bad, low, even on 2 liters of oxygen. She is calling duke medical tomorrow, our next scheduled appointment was oct 2, CT scan and pet scan then October, 6 th blood work, visit with oncologist, visit with main doctor to go over results of the scan then 5 th chemo. If they are still working, I just don't know. She back to the point where we were before she started treatment. Very poor.

The way things are going we are not sure we can wait. I fear the worst, and so does she. But I keep the hope and faith and just say we will get through this. Some how, some way.

But I keep the hope and faith and just say we will get through this. Some how, some way.
This Krav, this. It's okay to be scared but don't let that fear overcome you. For us on the sidelines it is easier said than done. She's the one physically dealing with this and feeling it's effects. But she cannot give up. And she must believe. As hard as it must be sometimes. For her to be feeling as she did in the beginning has to be tough. She might be thinking not again. As hard as that road was once before, she has the advantage of knowing what may lay ahead and what is required to overcome it. She did it once before, and with faith and prayer and yourself and all of the wonderful support she has, she will do it again. Believe in each other, believe in her team of doctors, believe that she will be healed. Not all battles are won over a short period of time, though small victories are possible and have already happened. Continue pushing, moving, marching, fighting forward. Stay strong and be her calm.

Krav, still praying for your wife and keeping you in my thoughts, my sister in law has her mass removed from her colon going on 5 weeks ago, I have slept in my own bed maybe a half a dozen times in the last 5 weeks, I'm tired from all the driving back and forth between 2 states but I'm capable and she deserves what ever I can do. SIL should be coming home from physical rehab sometimes this week and my wife goes in for neck surgery next Wednesday.

I know how you feel it's partially and emotionally draining but we can't complain we look at our loved ones and we put all out own issues aside, we put on our bravest face and try to keep them comfortable and safe. Just a touch of their hands, a little Smile or even a small from is enough to make all the hard work we do with it.

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife, stay positive, keep her comfortable make the best of everyday. I'll be home late tonight or early tomorrow, (still working on getting my sister in law's house invalid friendly ;)) if you need to talk call me, I'll pm you my phone# I know you're sad, frustrated and probably angry but you have to leave all that the site when she sees you, you need to be upbeat and tough for her.Krav, as worried as you are about her, let tell you, she's equally worried about you.

Smoke and prayers going out and up my friend.

Krav, still praying for your wife and keeping you in my thoughts, my sister in law has her mass removed from her colon going on 5 weeks ago, I have slept in my own bed maybe a half a dozen times in the last 5 weeks, I'm tired from all the driving back and forth between 2 states but I'm capable and she deserves what ever I can do. SIL should be coming home from physical rehab sometimes this week and my wife goes in for neck surgery next Wednesday.

I know how you feel it's partially and emotionally draining but we can't complain we look at our loved ones and we put all out own issues aside, we put on our bravest face and try to keep them comfortable and safe. Just a touch of their hands, a little Smile or even a small from is enough to make all the hard work we do with it.

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife, stay positive, keep her comfortable make the best of everyday. I'll be home late tonight or early tomorrow, (still working on getting my sister in law's house invalid friendly ;)) if you need to talk call me, I'll pm you my phone# I know you're sad, frustrated and probably angry but you have to leave all that the site when she sees you, you need to be upbeat and tough for her.Krav, as worried as you are about her, let tell you, she's equally worried about you.

Smoke and prayers going out and up my friend.

Thank you, I slept 2 hours last night, my heart is tired. Blade forums is the only distraction I get for a short time.
She was too tired to call the doctor today, she said she will tomorow. She is in a lot of pain, and coughing so much.
Thank you for reaching out, I just may call sometime.

I want to thank all of you for praying and smoke. It really makes a diference.

I wish all of you, and your family's, and loved ones the best of health. That includes your pets too.

Back