If you could only have ONE knife to survive with...

4. Most versatile. No need for a combat knife. I'd have some firepower if it was that kind of scenario but just surviving in the woods/dressing game? 4. The other ESSE's are for collecting. :)

Well I Always heve the Izula and the AK47 knife on me at all times. so they are coming with! But if i could take any knife it will be my ESEE 5! I bought this knife with that question in mind!

Machete. Period

I agree with you, 100% but please elaborate. "Machete" covers a pretty broad range of blades in my book. If we're talking ESEE knives, do you mean the Junglas or the Lite Machete? Something else?

I'm just curious, not trying to nitpick. For me, it'd probably be the Junglas. The size gives it more versatility and control for delicate tasks.

One of those flee market " rambo " type with the sewing kit and matches and stuff....Well I served him good.... No realIy I would want an esee 6. Big enough to do the work tasks and yet you can still use it to skin you food for supper..

Last edited:
A simple 18" Tramontina will do fine for me...or a Gavilan, Imacasa, Bolleto,etc. No need to spend much over 15 bucks.

A simple 18" Tramontina will do fine for me...or a Gavilan, Imacasa, Bolleto,etc. No need to spend much over 15 bucks.

I would say if anyone on this forum would know what they are talking about it would be you!

Either way I made the leap and just ordered my first ESEE. I went with the 5. I am pretty excited. I will let everyone know how she works out for me as soon as I get her!!!!

Thank you all for your input!

And anyone that has been on this forum longer than a week knew that would be Jeff's response.....Never made any bones about it....He has always said he would rather a machete and whatever slipjoint he was carrying at the time....

am curious though.....what is Mike's preference.....or does he just stand behind jeff screaming cut faster(just kidding Mr. Perrin)

There are two possible answers to this. If I can have other tools, then I would carry my ESEE 3-MIL (which is what I do most of the time). If I have to carry only one tool and that tool be a knife, then my RC-5.

SP

am curious though.....what is Mike's preference.....or does he just stand behind jeff screaming cut faster(just kidding Mr. Perrin)

Mike is the guy working the strings on the Redneck Action Figure, marionette style. Mike is the man. Tha Man.

Moose

From my collection, it would be my ESEE-6. I have a Vic Farmer in the pouch attached to the sheath so if I grab the 6, its coming along. The 6 is in a bag right now with other stuff, including an Izula, so I'm not worried about just one.

Back