If you had to pick one Victorinox, which one would it be?

As of right now I'd have to say Fieldmaster especially since I put some new grippier scales on it. The super slick original scales were the biggest turnoff to me but when I found out about aftermarket scales I picked up the Fieldmaster and haven't been without it since.

I don't think anyone else has said my choice but a ranger. It's like a huntsman but with a file/hacksaw on it. Not much thicker than a huntsman but I find the file really useful. I've carried mine for the last 6 months or so and it's seen quite a bit of use. Carried a huntsman exclusively for years and always felt it missed a file. I have a handyman but thats a bit too thick for me to carry comfortably the pliers add quite a bit of bulk to it.

I go between the climber and compact but I’ll give the win to the compact because I’ve carried it nearly every day for the past 6 years or so. Makes a great companion to my maratac aaa in copper that I’ve carried just as long and are always clipped together.
zwxrEFA.jpg

If I could only have one: My Explorer Plus, in sapphire
But my most used is a Cadet,
And my most carried is either the Cadet or a Mini-Champ,

Honorable mention would go to the humble Floral Knife. I have probably six or seven, some have been re-profiled to a double-bevel, some not. All are razors, and handy as heck in my garden/greenhouse for veggies and such. Great box cutter too.

I like the huntsman. Has everything I need. I used to carry the Centurian but I didn't like the big Phillips screwdriver, never used it. The corkscrew on the huntsman holds a small screwdriver for the eyeglasses. I also like the large scissors of the huntsman.

If I could only have one: My Explorer Plus, in sapphire
But my most used is a Cadet,
And my most carried is either the Cadet or a Mini-Champ,

Honorable mention would go to the humble Floral Knife. I have probably six or seven, some have been re-profiled to a double-bevel, some not. All are razors, and handy as heck in my garden/greenhouse for veggies and such. Great box cutter too.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I've been working with one for several months now, and frankly, I don't know why its taken me this long to realize what a great general pocket knife it is. A pocket razor for sure, and super easy to touchup the blade. Rugged, simple, light weight, and inexpensive. Whats not to Love?

Back