1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Introducing The Forsaken Steel Heart With Nano Fusion Handle.... Coming Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Pictures Tom lol!!!

2. LadyEarth

LadyEarth

Nov 24, 2012
    Could anyone put up the Forsaken Steel Heart next to a CGFBM? I would like to see how well it looks while side by side since CGFBM has been my grail knife since 2005 or whenever it was released.

If not CGFBM, Huck Finn is next best.

Much thanks in advance!

3. nydude

nydude Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Hey LadyEarth! Check out page 19 of this thread. :).

LadyEarth likes this.
  4. LadyEarth

LadyEarth

Nov 24, 2012
    Oh my heart! Now I need all three (CGFBM, Huck Finn, and Forsaken Steel Heart) together in my collection. :eek::confused:

nydude and duramax like this.
  5. JohnTheTexican

JohnTheTexican Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Got my shipping notice today. One in Nuked CF with Maroon Canvas and one in Desert Sage with Black Canvas.

Jagamov likes this.
  6. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Just took delivery of my maroon on CF today. Handle is... interesting. Not sure how I fell about it. It’s about like the difference between a Gen 3 Glock G17 and a Gen 5 G19X. Very subtly smaller, but definitely noticeable. If someone has size Large glove hands, I wouldn’t be surprised to hear them say it’s too small. I’m not even sure it’s not too small for my size small-medium glove hands. But I LOVE the regular size fusion handle.

This will probably grow on me. But it will take some use to get there.

7. Geoff

Geoff

Mar 21, 2001
    Shipping ding for Nuked comp tan micarta. Arrived wed.

Can’t wait

8. UNRL Ghandi

UNRL Ghandi Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2013
    My nuke arrives tomorrow. Pretty excited to get this in hand.

9. bikerector

bikerector Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I used mine a bit over the weekend, have large hands, and think it's too small for hard chopping, as preferences go. It feels a lot more like a big bushcraft or hunting knife where the handle fits well for non-aggressive tasks. It batons really well somehow. I didn't get much hand shock at all, nearly as good as a resiprene handle.

I think there's either a lack of grip or there's too little material at the fore and pinky finger spots. I will say, it snap cuts really well so if you over-exaggerate the wrist flick, like one might for a light kuhkri, it does pretty well for "controlled chopping" like shaping sticks.

It's beautiful; I may end up modding mine with some grip tape to build some girth or just to add a hint of grabbiness.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Leonardo63, MacLaren1, jeepin and 3 others like this.
  10. Bottom Line

Bottom Line Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 24, 2017
    ^
    Thanks for the review

11. Jagamov

Jagamov

Aug 19, 2018
    Mine as well...excited to see it.

12. Paintguy71

Paintguy71 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2015
    869385C8-95E2-43D8-A4AA-CEAA18036BFA.jpeg Just received mine about 10 minutes ago so I thought I’d post a quick pic!

13. LadyEarth

LadyEarth

Nov 24, 2012
    My Rambo knife came in today! It fits my hands perfectly!

[​IMG]

14. LadyEarth

LadyEarth

Nov 24, 2012
    I came home from college about 2 hours ago (6pm) and the box was there next to the backdoor. Got to love living in the country where you can just leave packages and no one will come and get it, especially in middle of the winter.

Opened it up and got it into my hands as quickly as I could. Wow...it actually fits my hand really well and feels very light and nimble while looking like a big Rambo knife. This is exactly what I've always imagined my imaginary knife will be like if I was to design one every time I watch some army movies including re-watching Rambo movies (one of my favorite movies).

Can't wait to get it tested outside and pamper it with some nice sheath, maybe some battered war beaten looking sheath. Or a Fallout 4 theme sheath. Mmmm options options options.

15. MacLaren1

MacLaren1

May 15, 2014
    That's really, really, nice to know that she will baton so well. I was wandering about that.

16. LadyEarth

LadyEarth

Nov 24, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Twiztids4

Twiztids4 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2014
    That’s a beauty for sure! Can’t wait for my Custom Shops to get delivered!

18. Twiztids4

Twiztids4 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 17, 2014
    How much lighter is the custom shop compared to the regular one?

19. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I will say that I really love the blade shape, length, etc. And the grip is kinda growing on me already. But I honestly think, so far, that if it had the standard-size fusion grip, it would be my favorite blade of all mid-size blades. The size of the blade just begs for the fusion grip.

Now, what I will say, after playing with the grip some more, is that the nano-fusion grip will be PERFECT for the NFNO. Yep. Perfect.

MacLaren1 and bikerector like this.
  20. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Got mine today. Like the handle. I think it will really fit well with the NO. Spent 3 hours with it on the WE tonight. Just finished putting a 22 degree edge on it. I will post some pics after I get the sheath made.