Introducing the Sebenza 31! (21 Is Being Discontinued)

It’s strange, but I kinda miss the “locating hole” in the presentation slab. I didn’t think I would, but I do, at first glance, on the PJ 31 at least. Funny how you get used to seeing it, to the point where you don’t see it, until it’s gone, then you miss it.

I can imagine the usefulness of this machining hole left long ago, but it was kept around because it added a certain something stylistically.

Anyways. The 31 will be a great looking knife. I am glad I have more than enough 21s for a lifetime too.

Absolutely agree on the locating hole, I think it makes the knife a little more symmetrical somehow (offsets the pivot screw). The 31 looks a little strange without it but I'm sure better photos will come out tomorrow.

Chris-Reeve-Large-Sebenza-31-Black-Micarta-SW-BHQ-98936-jr.jpg

The new damascus pattern is the boomerang.... If i like the basic PJ it will be very hard to resist to a micarta + boomerang configuration in the future :)

That boomerang is a great choice. Although featured in their site the 31’s not an option in their drop down selection yet.

That boomerang is a great choice. Although featured in their site the 31’s not an option in their drop down selection yet.
Yup they have removed the 21s but not yet added the 31. Dangit.

Last edited:
Yup they have removed the 21s but not yet added the 31. Dangit.
When I was talking with them on the phone two days ago, they told me the 31 would be available for ordering on their website as of 9:00am MST today. I guess they put the product descriptions and pix in early but not the online ordering feature.

Why isn’t the inlay on the show side more closely following the handle profile? Even the lock side inlay follows closer. Just curious.

Nice. Hope there is a large left for me to pick up tomorrow.

Back