Is this knife made in Texas ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey if we can save one person from buying one of these knives based on the companys reputation, these threads are well worth it.I think people should be reminded of the rederick they had on their website,making it out like they were based in Norad or Area 51.Its good for a few laughs,too.

Hey if we can save one person from buying one of these knives based on the companys reputation, these threads are well worth it.I think people should be reminded of the rederick they had on their website,making it out like they were based in Norad or Area 51.Its good for a few laughs,too.
Pretty amazing I get berated for posting this thread because a few say everyone already knows and all you have to do is google. Yet Knifecenter continues to sell this as Made In USA and it's like nothing to see here. LMAO :)

Heres a quick quote from numnuts' car wash " Providing the finest vehicle appearance rehab tools known to man" Rehab tools; same big words as when he did Quartermaster; never knew how state of the art soap,water and a vacuum cleaner was till now.Wonder if he brought that state of the art declassified security equipment,6 story museum and think tanks with him.

Heres a quick quote from numnuts' car wash " Providing the finest vehicle appearance rehab tools known to man" Rehab tools; same big words as when he did Quartermaster; never knew how state of the art soap,water and a vacuum cleaner was till now.Wonder if he brought that state of the art declassified security equipment,6 story museum and think tanks with him.
Lol, I wouldn't put it past this guy using his Car Wash as a means to illegally dispose of liquid hazardous waste for profit . :)

It’s long established they are Chinese made and are lying about essentially everything related to the company. They also use names of various movie characters for models, I am comfortable assuming they are not paying royalties for doing so.

There are quite a few Texas based knife makers, mostly high end and custom, QTRMSTR is not one of them.

Pretty amazing I get berated for posting this thread because a few say everyone already knows and all you have to do is google. Yet Knifecenter continues to sell this as Made In USA and it's like nothing to see here. LMAO :)
And like a brick wall, you continue to miss the point. Knifecenter can’t just put whatever they want in the country of origin without opening themselves up to potential litigation. You’ve wasted storage on something that’s already, repeatedly been established in multiple threads created by you alone and now you’re smearing a supported vendor because you think you know a smidge about the business legal environment. It’s clear you’re not going to stop posting about the company, whatever. But to bash knifecenter for not just putting “China” in country of manufacture is the height of business and legal ignorance. Multiple other members have said the same thing. I also suggest you google “troll”, since you’re clearly ignorant to the meaning of that word as well.

According to you all this is common knowledge but somehow Knifecenter is clueless, I suggest you troll elsewhere ;)

I wonder if West continued his habit of using fictitious names for his products. Like does he have a "Boss Hogg" detailing package....or a "Mr.Roper" economy wash?

If this thread prevents just one knife enthusiast from becoming a victim of FRAUD, it’s served a purpose :)

The fraud is not on KC,which appears to be who you wish to suggest it is, as the most KC could legally do is remove the country of origin details. They might not have wanted as perhaps they feel it would lead to more questions and if asked all they can answer is that the product is marked as made in USA. They might have ended up at the decision that if they would eventually be made to say USA why not just have it continue to say USA.

I know many people have sworn off KC for the fact they continue to leave the origin detail alone and that is fine and it seems you wish to join them and that is just fine but the reasoning for having left it could be many different things. Calling out a single company to the entire forum by this one thing does not appear all too fair I know that in the past when more places had a larger stock of QM garbage the origin was still listed by other vendors not being condemned today. These are often old stock I don't even think QM is still in business so they are leaving these items till gone. If they are discounting it to help push it out the door it will end up in their advertisements and if you are signed up for their newsletters you will get advertisements for knives from companies you don't like. If you choose to swear off KC then I suggest you go unsubscribe from their emails so you don't end up dragging out the dead horse and start beating it in public.

The fraud is not on KC,which appears to be who you wish to suggest it is, as the most KC could legally do is remove the country of origin details. They might not have wanted as perhaps they feel it would lead to more questions and if asked all they can answer is that the product is marked as made in USA. They might have ended up at the decision that if they would eventually be made to say USA why not just have it continue to say USA.

I know many people have sworn off KC for the fact they continue to leave the origin detail alone and that is fine and it seems you wish to join them and that is just fine but the reasoning for having left it could be many different things. Calling out a single company to the entire forum by this one thing does not appear all too fair I know that in the past when more places had a larger stock of QM garbage the origin was still listed by other vendors not being condemned today. These are often old stock I don't even think QM is still in business so they are leaving these items till gone. If they are discounting it to help push it out the door it will end up in their advertisements and if you are signed up for their newsletters you will get advertisements for knives from companies you don't like. If you choose to swear off KC then I suggest you go unsubscribe from their emails so you don't end up dragging out the dead horse and start beating it in public.
Without writing a wall of text , Knifecenter is continuously selling as Made In America. Stick your suggestions where the bright glorious Sun never shines .

Apparently a few think it's wrong for Quartermaster to commit fraud but A-OK for their factory authorized dealers to perpetuate it .
When you get in bed with the Devil, you'd better damn sure know who you're sleeping with !

Last edited:
Wow, there's such a disconnect between the two points of view in this thread.

I'll try one last time to get the opposing point across. (the points that I believe M Murdamook and P PirateSeulb have tried to make, forgive me folks if I speak out of line)

skyhorse skyhorse , you're doing the right thing to call out a POS manufacturer and blow the whistle on them. We should do all we can to stop companies like Quartermaster and Mantis from duping knife enthusiasts. The problem with your approach is you're attacking Quartermaster by going first after a Blade Forums supporting vendor. When you've been challenged, with evidence, of other vendors doing the same thing, you turn a blind eye and double down on your attack on KC. You've ignored insightful commentary on the actions of KC, New Graham, Knifeworks and BladeHQ relevant to Point of Origin, and turn these comments into "support for Quartermaster".

This makes your argument uneven and irrational. If it's wrong for one, it's wrong for them all. Your silence about the other knife vendors who report "Made in USA" derails your attack on Quartermaster. It draws validity away from your correct stance on Quartermaster by making it look like an excuse to go after Knifecenter.

Your refusal to address the points raised makes this less of a PSA and more of a gripe against one vendor...which by definition should have this thread moved to GB&U.

Nobody is defending Quartermaster, we're only trying to ask you to be more uniform in your criticisms of one of the vendors who sells them as USA made.

Wow, there's such a disconnect between the two points of view in this thread.

I'll try one last time to get the opposing point across. (the points that I believe M Murdamook and P PirateSeulb have tried to make, forgive me folks if I speak out of line)

skyhorse skyhorse , you're doing the right thing to call out a POS manufacturer and blow the whistle on them. We should do all we can to stop companies like Quartermaster and Mantis from duping knife enthusiasts. The problem with your approach is you're attacking Quartermaster by going first after a Blade Forums supporting vendor. When you've been challenged, with evidence, of other vendors doing the same thing, you turn a blind eye and double down on your attack on KC. You've ignored insightful commentary on the actions of KC, New Graham, Knifeworks and BladeHQ relevant to Point of Origin, and turn these comments into "support for Quartermaster".

This makes your argument uneven and irrational. If it's wrong for one, it's wrong for them all. Your silence about the other knife vendors who report "Made in USA" derails your attack on Quartermaster. It draws validity away from your correct stance on Quartermaster by making it look like an excuse to go after Knifecenter.

Your refusal to address the points raised makes this less of a PSA and more of a gripe against one vendor...which by definition should have this thread moved to GB&U.

Nobody is defending Quartermaster, we're only trying to ask you to be more uniform in your criticisms of one of the vendors who sells them as USA made.
I have called out other dealer members here as well in the past. Actually, Blade H Q especially ! The people claiming to know all this at nauseum certainly know. In this instance Knifecenter currently trying to dump their remaining stock of crap on sale to unsuspecting marks is the subject of this particular thread.Let me be crystal clear that Knifecenter isn't the only one still perpetuating this scam. To his credit New Graham in fact "did" change his listing long ago. In fact he did so the moment it was brought to his attention unlike the others going back several years. If a retailer is going to become the authorized factory dealer of an American Knife manufacturer , it's incumbent on them that this factory actually exists , especially when they're being notified by their own customers that it DOES NOT !

I just looked at three of QM's hideous looking knives on BHQ and there's no mention of where they are made that I could find.

And like a brick wall, you continue to miss the point. Knifecenter can’t just put whatever they want in the country of origin without opening themselves up to potential litigation. You’ve wasted storage on something that’s already, repeatedly been established in multiple threads created by you alone and now you’re smearing a supported vendor because you think you know a smidge about the business legal environment. It’s clear you’re not going to stop posting about the company, whatever. But to bash knifecenter for not just putting “China” in country of manufacture is the height of business and legal ignorance. Multiple other members have said the same thing. I also suggest you google “troll”, since you’re clearly ignorant to the meaning of that word as well.

Or they can just not sell it. Who are you to decide what's worth forum space? @KnifeCenter again has the choice to do what's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back