K390 Military

I don't feel like I really belong in this conversation because of the depth of the discussion, but...

What does it take for a person to sharpen K390? Me for instance, just a guy at home with a sharpmaker and a basic ability and understanding. What would be the simplest toolset to get the job done?

I don't feel like I really belong in this conversation because of the depth of the discussion, but...

What does it take for a person to sharpen K390? Me for instance, just a guy at home with a sharpmaker and a basic ability and understanding. What would be the simplest toolset to get the job done?

You would have a very hard time if that blade ever got dull.

Doing touch ups you would be fine for a very long time.

You would have a very hard time if that blade ever got dull.

Doing touch ups you would be fine for a very long time.

If touch ups could be done with a sharpmaker, I'd be very excited to have a knife with this steel. On the other hand, I'd be bummed to have to send my knife out every time it stopped shaving.

If touch ups could be done with a sharpmaker, I'd be very excited to have a knife with this steel. On the other hand, I'd be bummed to have to send my knife out every time it stopped shaving.

The trick would be not to let it get dull and the Sharpmaker would be just fine.

But don't even think about trying to reprofile a steel like K390 on a Sharpmaker, or K294/10V for that matter as that would be even worse.

The trick would be not to let it get dull and the Sharpmaker would be just fine.

But don't even think about trying to reprofile a steel like K390 on a Sharpmaker, or K294/10V for that matter as that would be even worse.

I can manage that. Count me in for K390!! I vote for a cricket...just kidding.

As Bulgarian_djigit mentioned, we'd probably make a Mule Team first. We're looking into getting some.

sal

Excellent! How long does it usually take to go from sheets of metal to the mules that dreams are made of?

Btw, thank you Sal. I don't know of any other company that's this responsive to customer input. You never cease to impress.

Hi Niles,

Steel has taken from 3 weeks to 6 months depending on the foundry and inventory. Then processing averages 3-4 months. But with Muloe Teams, we try to keep one of two runs on the shelf so we can put them out every 3-4 months.

thanx for the kind words.

sal

This is a pretty interesting turn of events. Is there any chance of getting this mule over RC 60's where this steel lives and works? Iknow 64 would be tough on your heat treater and your grinders but with this steel it's built for it. That's it's reason for living , in fact.

Pretty amazing stuff from what I hear. I'm excited like I haven't been since the Cruware mules were announced.

Joe

This is a pretty interesting turn of events. Is there any chance of getting this mule over RC 60's where this steel lives and works? Iknow 64 would be tough on your heat treater and your grinders but with this steel it's built for it. That's it's reason for living , in fact.

Pretty amazing stuff from what I hear. I'm excited like I haven't been since the Cruware mules were announced.

Joe

what he said,

call me extremist but in my mind using such a steel with a "softer" ht would be a terrible waste of material, time and effort.

there are plenty of tough steels, please keep the ultra high end one for people who know what a folder is made for.

put a disclaimer on the box and force the seller to put one in their description if you feel it's needed but please again, don't run it sorfter by safety.

pleeeeeaaase

:D

Joe

Around 62 RC would be good really. :)

Back