Kershaw/Emerson models in stock

Nice pics Choombak. That 6k is rough!

Are they all like that? Can others confirm?

Edit: Thanks guys :thumbup: Looks like the curse of EKC F&F has hit KAI in some areas.

I will concede that my 6K is also finished pretty poorly if you really want to get nit picky. But overall it's just so damn awesome I could care less. It's a total user.

My 6K looks pretty nice. There are some little machining marks between the frame and lock bar but nothing I wouldnt expect from a $35 knife. Mine doesnt look nearly as rough as the one posted with the closeups. Good thing most of these wont be safe queens.

do any of you know if there is a flat spot on the pivot to keep the pivot from free spinning when disassembling and reassembling?

do any of you know if there is a flat spot on the pivot to keep the pivot from free spinning when disassembling and reassembling?
Not sure, but I should be getting mine on Monday and the first thing I plan on doing is taking it apart, cleaning it, and putting some nano oil in it so I'll let you know if it does or not (unless someone beats me to it :p)

2014 Blade Show American Best Buy Knife Of The Year®: Kershaw/Emerson CQC

There would have to be. There is no flat head screw socket on the clip side.

Not sure, but I should be getting mine on Monday and the first thing I plan on doing is taking it apart, cleaning it, and putting some nano oil in it so I'll let you know if it does or not (unless someone beats me to it :p)

someone beat you to it :D

On my 4k, there is a flat spot.

thank you, I'm glad to see it

There would have to be. There is no flat head screw socket on the clip side.

not necessarily because my kershaw leek's pivot free spun when I tried to take it apart. It annoyed the crap out of me and I ended up sending it in for warranty.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

Got my 6k on the way from KershawGuy, I'll post pics and thoughts when it comes in, but I'm stoked, based on what I've seen from you guys.

Loving my 6K, but there are lots of machining marks and extra metal left in spots that there shouldn't be any. But for the price and it's purpose I'm really happy with it.

Great pix everyone. I've made up my mind, I'm getting a BM707.

I DO have a 4K on the way, as well as an Amplitude. Just sayin.

I got a 4k and 8k from Dave and the 4k is really flawless.
The 8k needs a little time on the stones to get it sharp but other than that the fit and finish on both of mine are excellent.
These are impressive knives for the price.

I received a 4K and 6K yesterday. The finish on both is fine, no machining marks. I really like both knives, but the blade on the 4K touches the G10 side when closed. There's also a design oddity...the thumb ramp cutout for the thumb disk is too far forward, making the blade harder to open one handed than it should be. I'll probably mod the scale to fix that.

Last edited:
You're right. I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. Still, the knife is by no means difficult to open. But having that cutout in the proper spot would make it even easier to deploy.

It looks like Kershaw may have to have a word with the plant that is manufacturing these about QC. I'm very happy with my 6K overall, but the finish isn't particularly impressive. I have the same machining marks in the jimping and lockbar cutout area that others have already posted, but there is a chunk of material left over from cutting the lockbar relief that wasn't removed.

However, the two-tone blade finishing is very nice and the primary grind and the swedge line-up very nicely side to side(something a lot of production knives struggle with). The lockup is rock solid and the blade centering is dead on even after slightly loosening the pivot which was a touch overtight out of the box. The edge was not sharp out of the box, but only took a couple swipes on a ceramic rod to get sharp, and the edge bevel is a pretty consistent width, especially on a knife of this price.

Something like this should not slip through QC. I'm pretty sure I can pick the piece out and clean up the area though.

Last edited:
Back