Kershaw/Emerson models in stock

I really like the design of these but I just can't buy a knife in 8cr. I own no Kershaws because between my dislike of A/O and dislike of 8cr I just can't find anything. Hopefully in the next 6 months to a year they'll come out with the option of a better steel in these.

The new kershaw/emerson are manual folder's

Got mine in. Some crappy cell pics until someone puts up better ones.

image_zps282a9e74.jpg

image_zps041125ff.jpg

image_zps4cfe9ca2.jpg
image_zpsef13901a.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! Thanks for the pics man. How do they feel? How solid is the lockup?

They feel really nice for the price, just like the rest of their budget line. They cost the same, but the 6K feels way better and more solid. Lockup on the 5K is about 55-60% and I can get a little sideways wiggle but I havent tried adjusting it out. The 6K is about 50% lock up and is rock solid. I might be buying more of the framelock offerings.

Edited to add that the centering is perfect on both of them.

great pics! I'll post up pics of my 6k when I get home and some impressions. Kershaw/Emerson really hit a homerun with these knives.

Got my 4k in. Fit and finish are great. Lockup is early and solid. G10 has a nice feel as well. Bevels are a little wacky...but overall (for the price) Money well spent!

F&F is on par or better than any real Emerson ive personally had. Good job KAI!

They feel really nice for the price, just like the rest of their budget line. They cost the same, but the 6K feels way better and more solid. Lockup on the 5K is about 55-60% and I can get a little sideways wiggle but I havent tried adjusting it out. The 6K is about 50% lock up and is rock solid. I might be buying more of the framelock offerings.

Edited to add that the centering is perfect on both of them.

Thanks for the response, Brad! I'm really looking forward to picking a few up, especially the 1K and 6K! I might even throw a 7K in there, just because they're so affordable!

Interesting to see they stonewashed the bevels and kept the flats satin. Kind of a "reverse Emerson" finish:

Just snagged a CQC-6K from KnivesShipFree.

I really struggled between the CQC-6K and the CQC-4K. Usually I prefer the spear point but the blade wasn't as wide as the CQC-6K(clip point). Also, I like the handle shape on the CQC-6K better. I did like the tan/green g10 and black frame on the 4K though. Wish I could have gotten the 6K with that.... oh well, wear would probably show up more on the black blade anyway.

To be honest I forgot about these. I've kind of swore off Emerson and just got rid of my last one(combat karambit). I'm digging the KAI versions though with the frame locks.

Dont forget that Dave/ Kershawguy.com has them too.

Thats where I got mine. He is the best guy to deal with and ships ridiculously fast and free. Plus his prices are hard to beat.

Dont forget that Dave/ Kershawguy.com has them too.

Thats where I got mine. He is the best guy to deal with and ships ridiculously fast and free. Plus his prices are hard to beat.
I tried to but his website wouldn't let me go to checkout :(

So, if you have knives on preorder with BladeHQ, how does it work? Do they notify you, or do they just take the rest of the payment from your account?

You can ask them to notify you. Otherwise they just take it.

Mine just came in the mail! I got a 5k, 7k, and 8k, and I have to say I'm VERY impressed. I'll run through some of the key aspects that I was a little concerned about to assuage fears in those that are still awaiting theirs.

The G10 on all of them is very nice and the texture is not too aggressive. It's very similar to the G10 on my 2004 Commander, and is much more comfortable than my 2012 CQC-8 (if a little less grippy in extreme conditions). The 7k has a framelock and is noticeably slippery, much like a Cryo or Leek. Blade centering on the 5k is absolutely perfect, and centering on the 7k and 8k are off by a barely perceptible hair. Well within what I would consider acceptable even in a knife 3 times the price.

Fit and finish on the 5k is also perfect, with the scales, liners, and backspacer all totally flush to the extent that it won't snag a fingernail or even a pin drawn over the surface. The 7k and 8k have very nice fit and finish, but there are minor imperfections in the meeting of the scales and backspacer. Again, perfectly acceptable at this price point. It is worth noting that all three have considerably better fit and finish than either of my actual Emersons.

Lockup on all three is at about 50% and is completely without vertical or horizontal play, at least for now. The 5k is particularly rock-solid. We'll see how they break in. Both of my Emersons arrived without play but quickly developed it in both directions. The locks are a bit sticky, but not as bad as my Emersons were upon arrival. The pivots are stiff but smooth, and wave open easily.

The 5k and 7k are laser-sharp from the factory, carving S-curves into phonebook paper without any effort. The 8k on the other hand is as dull as a spoon. I'll be sharpening it up later.
The blade finish on the 7k is gorgeous, by the way. It's satin finished on the flats and stonewashed on the blade, giving it a sort of inverse-Emerson-satin finish.

Overall, I am supremely satisfied with my purchase and will likely be picking up the rest of the series at some point. I hope the rest of you manage to avoid any lemons and get some blades as nice as these.

Cheers.

Last edited:
just got a 4k in...man, it's tiny! I didn't look at the specs well enough. Stout little thing, but seems heavy for the size for my tastes. Off to the exchange!

Back