• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Knifemakers PLEASE beware!

Agencies rarely get training for free. Typically companies will low-ball a bid for equipment knowing they will make it up in training. Companies frequently also require "recertification" which means more money, or an instructor's course for someone in house. Agencies I have worked for have indeed purchased, books, AV material and such.

I am not going to sift through threads, but there is plenty of hyperbole here. If the implication is tha the author did this deliberately to smear knifemakers they have recourse thru the courts, otherwise it is really no different than a critical review. Otherwise he is by far from the first to hype their product.

As for whether or not actual bad guys use any of this stuff, who knows? I am sure badguys have driven Chevys, carried S&Ws and eaten Doritos, but I wouldnt hold that against the companies.

sendec said:
As for whether or not actual bad guys use any of this stuff, who knows?

That's the important part, though. If the author doesn't know, then it is wrong for him to state:

Bart Bjorkman said:
“The manual has over 200 pictures of the most up to date covert weapons that are in the hands of the bad guys now.”

Which bad guys? No answer? Then no reason to make a claim that reflects badly on makers whose knives are sold to good guys and Mr. Bjorkman.

Thom,

Is Sendec the same person or related to Dr, Sharp? Just asking because I read the earlier quote referenced in one of your recent posts wherein you mention this possibility.

Sendec,

Actually many Departments/Agencies rarely receive equipment at a lowball rate. I have witnessed a Department accept a higher than normal bid because the commissioner and chiefs received a "gift" of a "sample" piece prior to the decision to accept the companies bid. And it should also be known that much of the company related "training" is a portion of the original bidding process, especially for specific needs equipment. Although I will concede and it should go without saying, that not all Departments/Agencies have the same contracts/agreements, etc.

Lastly, Recoil has still not answered one of my earlier and respectfully submitted questions as to how/where he obtained a copy of the publication in question. Was it private purchase or departmental? Is anyone else aware of any other departments that have purchased or otherwise obtained a copy of the book?

Dr. Sharp has pretty much ceased answering any questions posed here, so…

All the best,

Stuart

Stu Gatz said:
Thom,

Is Sendec the same person or related to Dr, Sharp?

If he isn't, then it won't be the first time I've made an *## out of myself today, but then he'd be an intellectual soul-twin. And he could seek his own consulting fees after writing a book about how criminals are buying flavored corn chips and plotting to spoil the appetites of everyone everywhere.

Well, it is unusual for someone to use a thread like this for his first post. :rolleyes:

Does anyone remember the anti-martial arts weapons program on 20/20 in 1985 or 1986? This book reminds me of that propaganda show.

Well then, perhaps Sendec will "disappear" as the good doctor has done. I wonder if there is any relation to Her goncz, perhaps in spirit...

Stuart

Nope, I'm me and he's somebody else. You did indeed make an ass of yourself.

Why is it unusual?

Look, if your bowels have turned to liquid over this, It's not worth it for either of us. If you dont like the book or advertising the solution is simple, don't buy it. The market place has a way of working these kinds of things out. If some knifemaker feels he or she has been libeled or slandered, they have legal recourse. Advertising is just that. If we want absolute 100% truth in advertising nothing would ever sell. Do you think Chevy wants you to believe that Corvettes actually fly? Heck, look at the names of some knives and tell me it is'nt hype. So far my Commander has'nt told me to do anything, my Stryker has hit me, nor has my Godfather made me an offer I cannot refuse.

Mr. Gatz -

I am in charge of procurement for the agency I work for. I see dealers every week just begging me to take this super deal while it's available. Of course, the downside is that I have to channel support from them latter on in training, parts, service and repair. I recently paid approx. 1/4 street price for a number of handguns, but there is always a catch - I had to trade in a couple hundred preban magazines, which the dealer will turn around and sell for a hundred bucks each. Of course, that price may plummet in the next 2 weeks.

Then check out the training offered by the larger gun companies - S&W, SIG, H&K and then look at places like Blackwater, Gunsite, DEFTEC, Thunder Ranch and the like. So far I have'nt seen "free" training from any of these.

Again, I am not the author of this book, and quite frankly it does'nt interest me a whole lot because I source most of that info from colleagues in the corrections field. No further.

Why is it unusual?

Your first post was on a contraversial thread defending an unpopular opinion. Most people's first posts are questions or comments on knives. This IS a knife forum, BTW.

For a lot of free training advice for your department, there is an expert in anything to do with weapons who will glady advise you for no charge. Go to www.armslocker.com and read everything by Andy. If you collect his writings you can build a substantial training manual.

Whatever, so I see somebody getting gang-banged and offer an opinion. I like anchovies too and they are unpopular too, so what.....

....and now you want me to look at potential training material from a "guy named Andy" who is an "expert" on a public forum. All righty then........Really top drawer, I'm sure.

:rolleyes:

sendec said:
Nope, I'm me and he's somebody else. You did indeed make an ass of yourself.

Why is it unusual?
truth in advertising nothing would ever sell. Do you think Chevy wants you to believe that Corvettes actually fly? Heck, look at the names of some knives and tell me it is'nt hype. So far my Commander has'nt told me to do anything, my Stryker has hit me, nor has my Godfather made me an offer I cannot refuse.

Excellent. Now I know.

Sendec,

Do you understand the difference between a fanciful title, such as "Corvette", and purposefully making false claims to sell a product or service?

sendec said:
If we want absolute 100% truth in advertising nothing would ever sell.

Many knife companies advertise 100% truth and are backed up with 100% guarantee. They take direct responsibility for the things they say.

If I buy this covert weapons book, I want a guarantee that if these weapons are not in the hands of bad guys now, they will be put in the hands of bad guys when I contact the author. I want them poking me in the eye with carbon fiber terrorist daggers before I get to the last page.

Andy AKA 223fan has information your department might benefit from. Considering that you like Bart's material, Andy's ideas might prove useful.

sendec said:
Whatever, so I see somebody getting gang-banged and offer an opinion.

Well, Andy gets "picked on" far more than Bart, and by the same types of people that "pick on" Bart.

Dude, whatever makes ya feel good :rolleyes:

Now go ahead and get the last word in....

HeHe... just imagine ... sholud I tell this guy what I can do with a couple of sandwich baggies, a deck of cards, and a handful of GOLF pencils???

Oh- I'm back after a MAJOR long time absent. It's good to see everyone again. :D

Dr Dullard,
You better start watching late night cable TV! There are some guys selling knives of mass destruction and covert carry 12 inch bowies! 30 knives for $125! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Your book is going to be the Oprah Book Club book of the month!! :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :D :D

"As an example, when your family flies, it is important that the people manning the airport security are given the tools, training and knowledge to stop others who pose a threat to your family. Personal security often comes down to all or nothing. Either everyone goes armed or nobody does."

Ok,let's be realistic.SOTE(Scum Of The Earth) rarely carry the latest high-speed defensive tools.Hard working people who are responsible for their own safety do.

By documenting these things as "hazard" per se you put a big red sign over the head of anyone who posesses any of them when they would be placed in an otherwise uncompromised position when interacting with paranoid security types.Totally counterprodcutive but it should sell a lot of your books to a bunch of people who were looking for an excuse to nueter the defensive options of free citizens anyway.

Your work is obviously sensationalistic and intended to provoke authorities not inform them.If you are not merely trying to sell sensationalistic books then maybe you are a bonafide enemy of the Right To Self Defense and to be summarily shunned.

PS I would have that every native born citizen without a criminal record and a current clean MMPI have a Glock 17 with frangible ammo and a Spyderco Civilian on their person next time some Moon Monkey decides to hijack a plane and I carry as devastating a weapon as I can sneak through every time I ride on public transportation(pardon my for not telling you what it is ;) )

Concealed weapons prevent crime and save lives! Every state in the US that has passed concealed carry laws has experienced a minimum 13% drop in violent crime almost instantly.If some whacko flipped out on an airplane once per day every day of the year and killed one person it would be an acceptable risk compared to 1/4 of the world's economy being destroyed by terrorists crashing planes into the WTC and killing 3,000 people.

Hell,I used to leave my weapons sitting when I went someplace that prohibited them but since 9-11 I think:what if there had just been a couple of tough Mexicans with straight razors on each of those planes or even just one determined guy with a carbon/ceramic knife and the skill to weild it between the cockpit and the terrorists when they were trying to gain access to kill the pilots.

It would have been a whole different story,wouldn't it..

That's why I carry as much as I can get away with all of the time.I even carry in Canada and California when travelling there because I refuse to leave
my safety up to some $20,000 per year "goony bird" who has 1/10th the "trigger time" I have not to mention no vested interest in seeing that I stay alive to see my wife and children ever again...

First off eda-koppo statements about Canadians shows his ignorance. But he is entitled to be ignorant.
Many of our more vocal political figures are anti-american idiots that give all canadians a bad name. Unfortunately our political system is based on the british system, and our country is governed by the government elected by the province of ontario, which can be seen to be as f***ed up as California.
C-68 was shoved down the throughts of canadians like the Brady bill was shoved down yours. The difference is that our right of center political parties have only recently re-united to form an effective counter to the Liberals (the same as your democrats)
Most western and northern canadians are still fighting against c-68 and we probably will win eventually.
From what I can see many of your states are just as screwed up as we are federally, you are just lucky that you have high enough populations in the more right wing states to combat the politically correct no-minds that live in places like california.
My country is not f****ed up just our leaders are.

Benjamin Liu said:
Bart, that book is a great idea. However, those concealable weapons are only the tip of the iceberg. Professional killers and terrorists are far more sophisticated. Here are a few ideas to look into for your next edition:

1. Real pros use a Super Weapon System which is a highly modified AR-15 with a silencer (called a "can" by those in the know) converted to fire special .22LR ammunition. This Super Weapon System has an 11" barrel and is easily concealed.

2. An extremely dangerous weapon in the hands of terrorists is the "Armored Wheelbarrow," a term used for a specialized assault weapon/armor system. This device is made from Kevlar and is used to shield the operator and anyone on his team following behind him from up to .308 AP. It has a mount for a Super Weapon System so the operator can snipe at people while pushing the wheelbarrow. It appears that the intended use is for groups of people on the front lines of a riot to charge the police sent to stop the riot. It is also possible to disguise one as a luggage carrier and ram your way past security into the airport terminal. One man with an Armored Wheelbarrow can bring up to 30 Super Weapon Systems to his comrades who passed through security without weapons.

The above information and much more can be found from one of the world's leading experts in firearms and tactics. Ask around and you'll find him. He goes by many names since most people are to narrow-minded to understand his ideas.

Additional weapons and techniques to study are:

3. Poison arrows/darts that can be shot up to a mile

4. CO Generators

5. Combat Shields

6. Chemical weapons made from common plants

7. Hidden underground communities in national forrests living apart from the "ICE."

This information can be found by another expert named Alanc or Alan Connor on Misc.Survivalism. Other experts to consult are an infamous elite commando with the pen-name "Mabu" and strategist going by the name "Quonster." This should be enough information for another book. People really need to be warned about these Armored Wheelbarrows and CO generators.

Don't forget that many of these people also train in martial arts. Go to www.ashidakim.com for the deadliest martial arts information.

It is funny to see who hangs around other forums that one frequents is it not? I laughed for quite a while reading this response :D

Back