Legislation On Wolves

BruiseLeee said:
How come no one takes my threats seriously. :(

I'ma gonna open up a can of feng shui on you...
Oooo... I pity da foo, I pity da foo... :rolleyes: :p
Hey, I'm convinced that your a serious threat! Now what was it again, that you were threatening to do? Yeah, I'm convinced that you are serious.
HeeeeeeeHaw!
Smile,
iBear

Jebadiah_Smith said:
It would be nice to see the plains covered with buffalo again, but I dont think the land could support them in as high of numbers as there used to be.

I dont see much of a moral dillema in killing an animal not for food. If you have to trap to make a living or protect a herd from predators. And wolves and bears CAN kill you.
There are a few small herds of buffalo, now in existence, in a few areas. Of course no more run wild, because most all of the land is owned private property or National Government land. I agree with you..... it would be KOOOOL!
Thanks,
iBear

Wolves used to be very far away, and rarely ever seen, even by the most ardent outdoorsman. Last summer my mother ran into one on the way to the outhouse, about twenty yards from the front door of the cabin. A friend of the family that works for fish and game has watched wolves take down the most POWERFUL bulls of the caribou herds, not wasting thier time with the sick, old, or young. and then moving on to kill more caribou before ever eating the first one they took. Doesn't that sounds just slightly imbalanced?

I guess the part that chaps my cookies the worst are these East coast do-gooders petitioning the state, sending up thier high priced attorneys, etc. when they've never ever freakin' BEEN to most of these game areas, some of them have never even been to the Anchorage International Freakin' Airport!! And they're gonna tell ALASKANS how to manage our wildlife? (incidentally, I also feel the same about anti-ANWR groups) Please, come to Alaska, catch a fish, hike a trail, climb a mountain, canoe a river...have the time of your life...whatever, but let us make our damn laws and regulate ourselves!!
I just love it when you make sense! Nice post and good thinking! Keep on making sense, so the rest of us can learn by your example.
Thanks,
iBear

Josh Feltman said:
You know, I'm in a foul mood today. I think I'm just going to leave this thread alone.
NaaaaaaaaW, come on in and give us your two cents worth... OR, better yet dump your whole load right here! Speaking for myself... I just love good people giving their viewpoint.... so the rest of us can learn and appreciate different opinions! That is what a forum is good for! Go ahead on!
Thanks,
iBear

Jebadiah_Smith said:
Gotta kill something.
Gotta kill something.
There ya go...... crackin me up again! Humor is good! Funny!
Thanks,
iBear

Green Ice said:
I love wolves but if they are dangerous to humans or threaten to seriously diminish the game animal population then they must be dealt with.

Ice
Ya got that right! Man is one of the few predators around.
Thanks,
iBear

kukrikebab said:
Quote:

What's so great about killing wolves?

Quote;

Gotta kill something.

So How about that man in the mirror?

Do the human race a favour.

Fred.
You are a funny sort of fellow. I could grow to appreciate your brand of humorous encouragement! I sure could. NaaaaaW, no thanks, I won't look in the mirror.
HeeeeHaw
iBear

Svashtar said:
What Munk said! It's "predator control", not anihilation. The Alaskan folks know their territory and what needs to be done to keep all animals healthy and under control.

Unfortunately, some animal rights groups would much rather all humans be killed before a single animal is harmed in any way. "Irrational" is about as kind a word as you can use to describe them IMO.

Same outfit that would rather every tree and forest in California burn down in a super-heated deadfall driven wood conflagration than to allow a single hated lumber company to clear out the tons of dead and fallen trees per acre that do nothing but provide fuel for out of control super-fires.

Regards,

Norm
Good thinking.... NOW, ya are making sense! You and Munk got it about right!
Strange feeling though, for me, to kill something and not eat it! Wolf stew anyone?
Maybe not!
iBear

The thing is, I know from his perspective Hawkwind is absolutely correct. The situation is central Europe with their current economic problems is not helpful to animals at all, and many species are just being hunted out completely by any slob hunter with a gun who wants enough money to buy a drink. The situation in Alaska is quite a bit different I think.

I have read Jack London and Ernest Thompson Seton and Theodore Roosevelt and others, and although it is rare, wolves will attack humans if they are hungry enough, and although it is hoped that they will always go after the oldest and slowest animals that is also not always so. They will take whatever is offered to them, and if that's a healthy adult male that is what they will go after.

Regards,

Norm

BruiseLeee said:
What about them hockey players eh?
What about them hockey players eh?
Yeah, "them hockey puckers" if they are all on strike and aren't working on the ice, being used to cold, the hockey players could all fly up to Alaska and help out with the wolf hunt! YEAH! Great idea!
Good thinkin!
iBear

Rusty said:
Hey, everyone, lighten up here.

It's been bad weather and we've hardly had a day's worth of sun where I live in the whole last 3 weeks put together and it's raining outside right now.

Play nice if you want to play here. Cut others some slack.
Slack is good! You got it!
Smile,
iBear

If that makes someone angry enough to want me dead, I dont care. Whatever floats their warped little boat.

The fact is you cant really tell my position from that post. I might be a murderous barbarian, or I might have be a sarcastic treehugger. Three words isnt enough for a reasonable person to decide that a person should kill themselves. - Jebadiah Smith :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We agree.... again! Humor is good! Just stay away from those mirrors and ya won't have to worry about anything much...... WELL, not a lot of worrying anyway! :) :) :) :)
Smile,
iBear

ibear said:
NaaaaaaaaW, come on in and give us your two cents worth... OR, better yet dump your whole load right here! Speaking for myself... I just love good people giving their viewpoint.... so the rest of us can learn and appreciate different opinions! That is what a forum is good for! Go ahead on!
Thanks,
iBear

My self-censoring feature works so rarely though. I think I'll keep my thoughts on the issue to myself.

Swashtar is right, the Movie, "Never Cry Wolf" Dead Wrong. In it, we learned wolves only eat the weak, sick and young. Not true. It is also not true they only kill for food- wolves kill for sport. I know that's a shock to some. They go on these killings frenzies-there's even a scientific name for it- and leave many animals down they do not eat. Wolves also traditionally kill off an area and move on. That is why modern controls must be used- we no longer have the open expanses of wilderness to support these behaviors.

I don't know the specifics in Alaska any longer, it's been a awhile since I read of the problem, but I'm still betting the wolves are controlled so they do not damage the Caribou herds irretrievably.

Ibear's a nicer guy than I am. WIth permit in hand, I'd still wouldn't mind culling wolves. I even went prarrie dog hunting once or twice.

munk the inhuman monster

Josh Feltman said:
My self-censoring feature works so rarely though. I think I'll keep my thoughts on the issue to myself.
AWWWWW, darn! Well I see ya are exercising the 1st Amendment. That is your freedom to act, or refrain from the same! I refrained once! Just once! A long time ago, NOW I speak the speech.... trippingly on the tongue!

Oh well, if I can't entice your sensibilities further than maybe we can partake of the chalice of wisdom and mirth on another day to your liking! BUT, I realize......... it is your choice!

Drink the drink I pray thee..... loosen your tongue it will! :D
Smile,
iBear

We gotta be able to find common sense.

That said, I think it would be fun to shoot a wolf from a plane in Alaska. I heard they used to use M1 Garands. Actually, I wouldn't mind pulling the switch myself on some waiting in Death Row in Ca. I like the wolves a whole lot better. They don't 'deserve' to die. - munk the menace
HeeeeHaw... there ya go with your killing ways! We gotta be able to find common sense. I never knew a killer I didn't like! No wonder I like your style! Ya gotta appreciate a killer, now and then!
Smile,
iBear

munk said:
Semper, many people pick animals as atavars and more than atavars. I always felt it was important to you. The good news is when Alaska is controlling wolves, there are wolves to go around. You're covered.

It is strange to think of killing an animal not for food. :barf:

munk
It is strange to think of killing an animal not for food. :grumpy:
You said it! You killers are all alike! Pun intended! :) :) :)
Thanks,
smile more!
iBear

ibear--I can't quite make up my mind about you. I'm not sure if you're trolling or just trying to start up a conversation.

Killing is nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing to be proud of either.

Josh Feltman said:
ibear--I can't quite make up my mind about you. I'm not sure if you're trolling or just trying to start up a conversation.

Killing is nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing to be proud of either.
I am neither and never both and I have never been accused of being a troll! A troll I am definitely NOT! So, if my other choice is starting up a conversation, then that is exactly what I am doing!

Lets start! DATA: Munk is my long time buddy! We are close friends and sometimes play with each others heads a bit! For clarification, I never thought that Munk was a killer and I appreciate Munk's view points and almost always agree with his reasoning if not always with his conclusions. We do differ a bit on some things, but like yourself, can appreciate many different viewpoints, that may differ from our own. Like Munk, I like to delve into various different subjects and usually know something of what I speak. Yes....... I think so... anyway!

My very favorite subject: I especially appreciate the relative importance, to all American free people, of the first ten Amendments to our Constitution and sometimes like to expound on that subject.... a lot! Other than that, as a negative issue, I have no other claim to fame! Be of good cheer, I am here!
Thanks,
iBear

Back