Legislation On Wolves

Ibear isn't trolling. He's as real as they come. It's his style. He can find common ground, and he likes to keep light so we don't self destruct. He's a veteran of the Civil Liberties and Gun forums on About and an extremely decent guy who has taken abuse over the years from the liberals who enjoy the majority on most of the forums.

In person he is direct and straightforward. He is almost clumsy and childlike in his simple goodness. If I didn't know better, I'd say he was still a child in the eyes of God, while I'm the brat who just got folded in the rug and tossed out into the yard. I don't mind it so much but the God-Dam-ed Dog bites and scratches at the rug even though he KNOWS I'm inside. When I finally get back out, he looks at me with innocence and is glad to see me.

I think I agree with Jeff Cooper- the 1911 is superceding the dog as Man's Best Friend.

I hope I've made little enough sense for you to trust Ibear. I do.

munk

Yeah, I'm not the most trusting person in the world. You could even say that I have trust issues. ibear, welcome to the Cantina :)

you're fine, Josh. Maybe half of a bubble off, but what the hey...who isn't? :D

Howcome we have to say our names when we give those rep points? Doesn't BF 's computer KNOW who we are? Seems like it ought to be automatic. I finally started pointing some folks so I can keep BilltheCat in the green, and haven't remembered to sign the silly things. Josh is one.

Kismet said:
you're fine, Josh. Maybe half of a bubble off, but what the hey...who isn't? :D

Howcome we have to say our names when we give those rep points? Doesn't BF 's computer KNOW who we are? Seems like it ought to be automatic. I finally started pointing some folks so I can keep BilltheCat in the green, and haven't remembered to sign the silly things. Josh is one.

The computer probably knows, but the person you rep won't be able to see it unless, I think, they are a platinum member. Some boards allow even nonpaying members to see that information. No biggie, I just like to be able to return rep when people rep me.

dunno...seems like if you are going say something---good or bad---the system ought to identify you, or else, you shouldn't say it, if you don't want to be identified.

muttemuttermutter

Clif: just about any problem in Russia is resolved by using gunship helicopters.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I love this line.

munk

Josh Feltman said:
No biggie, I just like to be able to return rep when people rep me.
Me too Josh, me too. Consider yourself repped!
Much better than an ass raping by RenTDTB anyday ainnit? :D ;)

munk said:
I think I agree with Jeff Cooper- the 1911 is superceding the dog as Man's Best Friend.

Truer words were never spoken, IMHO. But of course, Jeff Cooper does own (or did own) Gunsite. A very fine business indeed so he may not be impartial.

Semp

Kismet said:
I finally started pointing some folks so I can keep BilltheCat in the green,
Why are you giving Bill the Cat bad good points? He wants good bad points.

While it is sad that certain kinds of animals are becoming extinct, one should not forget that none of them would've blinked with an eye were it mankind to become extinct. ;)

Just kidding, don't take it personally.

I have no idea about the whole wolv issue, never seen one live. They don't live around here. We have cats though, pretty scary as well. One moment you're cuddling with them, next thing you know they tear you up...

have a good one,

Keno

I'm not sure, but I think I like ibear. Im just not sure he's crazy enough... yet.

This thread has caused quite a few big explosions! All over something that most of us have nothing to do with.

I cant stomach the "kill the people who kill animals" mentality, even if it is just hot air. I find it cosmicaly idiotic. None of us would exist if our ancestors hadn't killed animals. Our mere existence takes up resources that would have supported animals. I guess if you own a home or car then you're a mass murderer :rolleyes:

Why are you giving Bill the Cat bad good points? He wants good bad points.

Ah, Grasshopper, your answer is within your own question. You can not walk on the rice paper yet. Now go light all the candles. :)

Jebadiah_Smith said:
I cant stomach the "kill the people who kill animals" mentality, even if it is just hot air.

I expressed this mentality and it makes sense to me. I have no problem when animals kill animals, or when people kill animals, if it is for a good reason.

So, Yes, it gets my blood up when I hear about people abusing animals solely because they can. Wolves have been persecuted on this planet, mostly because they LOOK mean. To me it is no different than a man assaulting a woman simply because he is stronger than her and can do it.

Pretty sure everyone in the Cantina would stand up for a woman under attack. I'm just extending the notion to include animals.

I just think animals are a lot smarter and more natural in the WAY that they live. And I don't think they get nearly enough respect from the rest of us for it.

~ B

You know, I like wolves. I've been to the International Wolf Center in Minnesota a few times. But I'd rather see them culled than overpopulated, which will lead to stuff like illegal poisoning, etc. I've never understood trophy hunting - hunting for food I understand, I have a freezer full of venison - but I see no reason to ban it. If we must kill off some wolves, might as well let the folks who'll get a kick out of it do it!
RWS, you made a good point. I wish those East coast nutters would stay home and fix their own states, because they need it (I live in NJ). Sadly they managed to stop the NJ bear hunt, at least until some kid gets mauled.
However getting up in arms because you saw a wolf in your yard is a bit much... kind of like those California dopes who move to the desert then scream when a coyote eats their chihuahua. :)

I can't speak for the rest of the world, I can just speak for myself and most other Alaskans I'm aquainted with.

We aint all just sitting around the campfire scaring each other stories of demons, vampires, sasquatches and werewolves. I've never met an Alaskan that's afraid of a wolf. I have met plenty of subsistence hunters who can't hardly fill thier freezers due to the dwindling herds that have been a result of former wolf protection laws. The fact is that we're p!ssed off that the caribou and wolf herds are being decimated. We're not killing wolves because we "can". All we want is the herds rebuilt. That means certain numbers of wolves have to go. Sorry, life's tough. If anyone would like to make friends with a pack of wolves to bring back to thier homestate, I'll be glad to buy 'em a pack of animal crackers to offer them.

Of course the animal rights people crying so long and hard over this don't seem to give a crap about the moose or caribou. and even less of a crap over the families out in the bush that live a hard enough life already. Maybe because they aren't as pretty or majestic?

Like any state, we have our problems. Lots of things we want, better law enforcement, fire protection, better schools, better roads, and not alot of money to do it all with. We wouldn't be spending what few precious funds we have as a state to kill wolves if they were not creating a problem. If Alaskans WERE opposed to the current policy of Aerial wolf control, there would be a helluva lot more than SIX out of SIX HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND people in the courtroom fighting for the suspension of the program.

Mr.BadExample said:
However getting up in arms because you saw a wolf in your yard is a bit much... kind of like those California dopes who move to the desert then scream when a coyote eats their chihuahua. :)

Oh...perhaps there's a bit of a miscommunication there...I totally dig wolves, love it when I see them, and love listening to them howl at night. I merely mentioned it as a demonstration. Wolves are NOT big fans of people, therefore it is quite...unnatural for them to be anywhere NEAR a human settlement. Not when we live in an area as large and remote as Alaska. This particular one was horribly unhealthy looking, and very skinny. Kinda makes me wonder if they're getting quite enough to eat themselves with the dwindling herds.

Edited to add: BTW, I'm sorry to hear about them getting there way in your homestate. nfortunately, when things do go south the Animal Nazi's will never admit they were wrong. They tried passing some legislation here last election about the bear hunting. (It mainly focused on "bear baiting" but as always, there was alot of further deceptive language to it.) Thankfully, we pretty much told 'em to where to shove it when we went to the ballot box.

Sounds like it's time to bring back Wolf fur in coats. At least until the Caribou herds are rebuilt.

<<<It gets my blood up when I hear about people abusing animals just because they can<<< I just think animals are a lot smarter and more natural in the WAY that they live. And I don't think they get nearly enough respect from the rest of us for it.>>>>>> Bamboo

By definition, everything man does is natural. If wolves ate the Caribou herds into extinction that is natural. If we blow up the planet, that is natural. ( though I hope we pick other natural paths)

Animals are not better than Humans. Either are ndns, computer nerds, writers, gay people, Senators, Bill Gates, or Seventh Day Adventists. Animals are a blessing and I hope we keep as many as we can. To do that better, we must kill wolves in Alaska. That is not abuse. That is keeping the entire eco system intact for MORE ANIMALS, and people.

They need a Soviet Helicopter Gunship.

munk

Back