Lets talk GEC!

I feel like they should implement some rule on the exchange where you can only claim 1 knife at a time. Then have to wait an hour or so to put in a claim on another.

That would be hard to police. I think it's fine the way it is. But it is frustrating when you arrive to a sales thread with no photos at all and they are all already sold in the first two minutes. Pretty crazy.

As long as there are people willing to pay inflated prices, there will be flipping. May not like it, but can't really blame people who see an opportunity to make some money and take it. Flipping will stop when nobody is willing to pay the prices. If the flippers can't sell product, they'll move on to something else. Good old law of supply and demand.

Yeah, that's my internal debate. Nothing illegal about it, and if it works, it works. I just hate it because I think GEC, or at the very least the distributors, deserve the money, if there's money to be made. At the very least perhaps we can agree flipping is a tacky.

I know there's a lot of honorable people, in this community and elsewhere, who even go so far as to donate knives to others. It's a cool phenomena that I love to see. On the other hand there's folks who would take advantage of a situation.

Yeah, that's my internal debate. Nothing illegal about it, and if it works, it works. I just hate it because I think GEC, or at the very least the distributors, deserve the money, if there's money to be made. At the very least perhaps we can agree flipping is a tacky.

I know there's a lot of honorable people, in this community and elsewhere, who even go so far as to donate knives to others. It's a cool phenomena that I love to see. On the other hand there's folks who would take advantage of a situation.

I agree its tacky. I can understand an inflated price if its a knife that hasn't been on production for a while and there aren't that many around. I've paid more than I should have for a couple (three? ok, maybe four) knives, but I can't understand people who would pay a grossly inflated price the next day after they've sold out o_O

Or in the case of GEC, I see inflated prices on knives that are still available from dealers. That I truly don't understand :confused:

Right? I have no idea how you people get all this money, lol.

Speaking of buying a lot of knives- did you ever get a final family shot of your #62’s?
I am about to do that.... my red/black carver finally got back from rehab, and they are all in one place now.

and, I'm happy to say that GEC's warranty service was impeccable. Secondary blades are tight and wobble free... I dealt directly with Joan Mae Howard, and everything went just like clockwork. Great company... if anyone had any doubts, that is...:rolleyes:

The only GEC I've picked up off the secondary market was my 35 churchill not too long ago and just my luck there are rumors the next run will be a bunch of 35s! I have no regrets though, its one of my most carried knives and is an AAPK SFO. Plus the seller actually listed it at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me what year the held the first GEC Rendezvous? Thank you

2006, I believe. I base that guess on fact that 2016 Rendezvous Knife was the 10th Anniversary knife, but I suppose that might be the GEC 10th Anniversary, rather than the Rendezvous 10th Anniversary. Now I am talking myself out of it.

Last edited:
I have to agree. However, It's a difficult situation and hard to find a fair resolution for both the seller and the buyer.

buying GEC here on the exchange was frustrating last winter when I tried to quit traditionals. Now it’s even worse. There is always a few people that scoop up all the good within a min or two. I want to say “good for them” but after months of seeing the same person get them all, I am bitter.

Or in the case of GEC, I see inflated prices on knives that are still available from dealers. That I truly don't understand :confused:

I've wondered about that. I think they put it out at an inflated price, and then once the knives dry up at the distributors, they're the next game in town. In the mean time, if they get a bite, they get to sell the knife at the higher price.

I am I'm happy to say that GEC's warranty service was impeccable. Secondary blades are tight and wobble free... I dealt directly with Joan Mae Howard, and everything went just like clockwork. Great company... if anyone had any doubts, that is...:rolleyes:

My own experience was great, as well. They're a great company. I'm very happy to hear your PC has been rehabilitated!

...Plus the seller actually listed it at a reasonable price.

This pleases me. greatly.

that door's always open unfortunately. thought it was closing for a bit but an offer came up that I couldn't refuse

... are you doing business with Don Vito Corleone?

The M&G version of the 15 w/ bail and chain is a much nicer knife than the standard GEC release
I agree... But they were collecting dust too.

yes unfortunately we've been observing an influx of people who just troll the f/s section for deals and snatching up everything
I wish they'd at least require a membership to purchase on the Exchange.

Knife content

J87v2pq.jpg

Jiki Jiki that's beautiful. What is that... a 66 in acrylic? what'd they call the acrylic? I don't think of blue and brown going together, but it works.

Back