Massdrop Terzuola

And I hope we can talk about knives, not members, which I believe is another rule we are supposed to follow.

Correct. Insulting members is not allowed. If by pointing out obvious hypocrisy is an insult.... he has my apology. @Yo Mama

Last edited:
You are welcome. I believe the issue is not discussing Massdrop knives, but discussing Massdrop knives' prices. I think that is where the "deal spot" comes in.

I'm not at all sure how or why a member's membership status has anything to do with that member pointing out a deal spot for a nonsupporting retailer. o_O
I'm going to reach out to Jonas at MD and direct him to this thread and the other. This might help them to decide to sign up as a vendor.

What I don't understand is why anyone has a problem with another person's preferences, to the point of comments referring to things like "logo rage", and accusations like "... shouldn't have the right to brand a knife that they put together with a maker." and similar comments bordering on the ridiculous.

Some of my personal preferences include:

Android over iPhone
the color blue over the color red, generally speaking
Knives from Massdrop without a logo that says "Massdrop", unless "Massdrop" is the only logo

I don't really care much what other people choose, or prefer, but those are a few of my preferences.

Are the above preferences enough to get me accused of "iPhone rage", or that I think that people "... shouldn't have the right to choose the color red, over the color blue ..." ?

Holy pot calling the kettle black, Batman.

I don't have any problem with people who put stickers all over their personal vehicles and cover them bumper-to-bumper like Nascar logos and stickers, but I prefer not to do that to my own car. I don't think this qualifies as "sticker rage", but maybe you do?

I'm not sure if your rambling post was aimed just at me but as stated several times, I believe everyone is entitled to there opinion. What I was originally pointing out is that the same hate for massdrop's logos goes on in every thread about them... I could be mistaken but I doubt massdrop will ever drop their logo from a knife that they bring to market. Sticker rage? Iphone rage? Telling people what their preferences are or should be? You've got the wrong pot, kettle... maybe it's time to come off the stove, seems like someone's steaming. Peace, love and all that jazz brother.

I'm not sure if your rambling post was aimed just at me but as stated several times, I believe everyone is entitled to there opinion. What I was originally pointing out is that the same hate for massdrop's logos goes on in every thread about them... I could be mistaken but I doubt massdrop will ever drop their logo from a knife that they bring to market. Sticker rage? Iphone rage? Telling people what their preferences are or should be? You've got the wrong pot, kettle... maybe it's time to come off the stove, seems like someone's steaming. Peace, love and all that jazz brother.

So - did you or did you not post the quote BELOW? It's ridiculous to claim that somebody is trying to prevent any company from having the "right" to do something, just because they have a different preference.

It's as if someone said "I prefer wharncliff blades, and I don't like recurve blades, and so I don't buy them", and you turned around and claimed they were saying that knife companies "...shouldn't have the right to make a knife with a recurve blade." It's silly nonsense - and we could all just laugh about it, at your expense, if it wasn't directed at people who merely have different preferences than you do.

Or can you identify these mysterious people who are actually trying to deny any knife company the right to put any logo they want on the blades they sell?

It's funny really, some people think that for whatever reason Massdrop shouldn't have the right to brand a knife that they put together with a maker.

Last edited:
So - did you or did you not post the quote BELOW? It's ridiculous to claim that somebody is trying to prevent any company from having the "right" to do something, just because they have a different preference.

It's as if someone said "I prefer wharncliff blades, and I don't like recurve blades, and so I don't buy them", and you turned around and claimed they were saying that knife companies "...shouldn't have the right to make a knife with a recurve blade." It's silly nonsense - and we could all just laugh about it, at your expense, if it wasn't directed at people who merely have different preferences than you do.

Or can you identify these mysterious people who are actually trying to deny any knife company the right to put any logo they want on the blades they sell?

Is it ridiculous to ask if I made a post that you clearly quoted of mine? Is it ridiculous that some mysterious people have said in threads pertaining to massdrop knives that said company should not brand their knives as to get their business? Is it ridiculous that a bladeforum member takes offence to a post I made expressing my opinion that said people are wasting their breathe about this logo issue, but still are clearly entitled to their opinion? Is it ridiculous that my opinion, however silly and nonsensical it is, is immune from your ridicule? Boy, I'm going to be up all night pondering these life questions. Thanks a lot.

I may be reading too much into it but Jonas made a comment that made me think that a lefty option for this knife might be coming in the future.

"Sorry, not on this one - the clip is curved, so we'd have to make a different clip and scale just for left-hand carry. We get a few requests for this, and I'm looking into whether it's feasible in the future, but we're not quite there yet."

So far none of the Massdrop produced knives have been offered in a lefty friendly alignment. I know that response looks non-committal but they've taken a lot of criticism for not offering left hand carry. This is the closest they've come to saying they'd like to offer it on a knife they produce. Maybe...
That's a nice bit of non-commital indeed.

And the Falcon and their new BUC collabs with Ferrum Forge offer lefthanded clip positioning. So you're a little off there.
Agreed but if you look at their recent collabs, most of them are flippers and most of them are selling well.

I think Massdrop is sticking with what makes the most money. Which is not a bad thing at all...they're a business, after all.
And while there's nothing wrong with that...and I'm not saying they should do that. I'm just saying...IF they want my money....they'd have to do those things at the very least. If they don't care...then I won't care either.

Just pre-ordered one. Probably going to be delivered while I'm on deployment but this one seems to good to pass up. The OD green scales with the bronze hardware look amazing. Looking forward to getting this one (in like 11 months).

A little over 300 sold in about 2 hours. Not to bad so far. Still a way to go to get to the 1500 limit but guessing it will get there.

I ended up ordering a black one. Now the wait begins.

I placed an order for the OD green one, this is the first time I've placed an order for something this far in advance. I hope they do more collaborations with Bob in the future

I placed an order for the OD green one, this is the first time I've placed an order for something this far in advance. I hope they do more collaborations with Bob in the future

Green as well! This will be my first massdrop knife, but not my first WE knife Co blade. They make quality stuff!

And while there's nothing wrong with that...and I'm not saying they should do that. I'm just saying...IF they want my money....they'd have to do those things at the very least. If they don't care...then I won't care either.

Yes I totally agree with you, man. Something about a clean Terzuola design with thumb disc only really speaks to me.

Who knows? There's still time to order. I might just cave cuz it does look nice.

Good luck to all you guys who are jumping on this. I hope the knife lives up to expectations!

Unfortunately, I’ve decided I should sit this one out due to mounting expenses in other life categories. (Of course my resolve has been known to waiver, from time to time.)

I've been hoping for a decent Terzoula collab for years now. The Spyderco offerings were always underwhelming (for me), so I'm glad they are building one with We Knives. I hope they do another one of his designs down the line, preferably in the 3.5in size range. Hate to say it, but Bob is getting pretty old. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired from knife making in the next few years.

Went in on a green one. The bronze and green combo is awesome.

Jumped in on the Green as well. Still waiting on my Orbit to arrive not a Massdrop knife but I ordered it September 5 2017
A Serge Panchenko and Hawk knifes collaboration. I guess I am getting used to waiting on knifes.

I hope they do another one of his designs down the line, preferably in the 3.5in size range. Hate to say it, but Bob is getting pretty old. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired from knife making in the next few years.

I'm hoping for a larger one as well.
Even if he retires, I'm sure he has a bunch of designs that he was never able to make himself. Something like that would be ripe for collaborations like this. Just look at the "Al Mar Private Reserve" line of knives that's coming out now. I'd bet that there's stacks of sketches and designs in Bob's shop that are just waiting to be made.

I’m curious. What first run issues? I know there’s the pocket clip redesign for the Crux & Falcon. Was there something else that was problematic?
I've got Crux #0004 and Falcon #0018, no issues whatsoever.

Back