medford

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK... I kind of compare their warranty to Apple Care. I don’t really feel the need to take the knife apart nor am I chopping concrete with it. They’re very sharp and work for my needs. If it fails, I’m comforted by the fact Medford will take care of the problem. And I do have other brands I like just as well.

I agree. Im still considered "new"in the knife world. But In every other area that I am familiar with, Electronics, Cars, watches, etc. Taking the device apart voids warranties. If I owned a company that made a product, I too would not want people tinkering inside of it and then sending it back to me to be fixed when something does not work right. Stay out of it and I will warranty my work. Tinker with it and You will have to pay for my time.

I agree. Im still considered "new"in the knife world. But In every other area that I am familiar with, Electronics, Cars, watches, etc. Taking the device apart voids warranties. If I owned a company that made a product, I too would not want people tinkering inside of it and then sending it back to me to be fixed when something does not work right. Stay out of it and I will warranty my work. Tinker with it and You will have to pay for my time.
The comparisons you made are not even close to the simplicity of most folding knives. Read more and post less. When uneducated people comment with off the wall comparisons it does no one any good.

The comparisons you made are not even close to the simplicity of most folding knives. Read more and post less. When uneducated people comment with off the wall comparisons it does no one any good.

Really? Because I said something YOU don't like you become the police of the forum and can tell me not to post and that I am uneducated. I paid my money to be here just like you and I will post whenever I feel like it. I have not been on a forum in years, now I remember why. They are full of pompus aholes that think they own the place.

Calm down guy, I'm not the one who compared a knife to a watch. Taking a knife apart is akin to removing the back of a watch to change the battery. Actually in many cases there is more screws on the back of a watch then the side of a knife.

Your logic is flawed. Reading more and posting less was just a suggestion. I still suggest it :D

I’m kind of up in the air on this one.
I’ve been in the HVAC field for over 40 years. In this field you will learn electric, plumbing and structural construction. I have become pretty good with tools.
I took the first Spydie I bought apart, Pac Salt. I almost threw that damn thing out a window after attempting reassembly!!
Yes, I am extremely mechanically inclined, but that frigging knife kicked my ass!!
I sheepishly called Spydie and spoke to a very cool dude who tried to help.....I admitted defeat, we had a few laughs and I sent it in with $25.
I can understand warranty policies. Don’t always agree, but I can understand them.
And yes, it was quite humiliating!!!
Joe

Really? Because I said something YOU don't like you become the police of the forum and can tell me not to post and that I am uneducated. I paid my money to be here just like you and I will post whenever I feel like it. I have not been on a forum in years, now I remember why. They are full of pompus aholes that think they own the place.

Agree with Shiney edges. Servicing a car or a watch is not a good comparison.

A better comparison would be firearms which are designed to be disassembled and it will not void the warranty.

I’ve been in the HVAC field for over 40 years. In this field you will learn electric, plumbing and structural construction. I have become pretty good with tools.
I took the first Spydie I bought apart, Pac Salt. I almost threw that damn thing out a window after attempting reassembly!!
Yes, I am extremely mechanically inclined, but that frigging knife kicked my ass!!
I sheepishly called Spydie and spoke to a very cool dude who tried to help.....I admitted defeat, we had a few laughs and I sent it in with $25.
I can understand warranty policies. Don’t always agree, but I can understand them.
Joe
A few years ago I started a thread on how to reassemble a delica lol Nothing wrong with asking for help, I got some good tips and I put that baby back together easy. Sometimes there is a technique that makes it easier.

Joe

Those Spydie FRN backlocks are not to be trifled with. There are youtube vids now showing tricks to make it easier, but so far my FRN Spydies have remained shut.

Lol! And that is what Greg should do if he doesn't want people messing with his knives. Make them legendarilly difficult to reassemble like those Spydies, no one will dare.

I am sorry but a two slab and blade framelock is not rocket science. I put together more difficult Lego sets as a child.

I think the Thesus is a pretty knife but at $550 I better be able to take it apart and until that changes I'll pass.

Those Spydie FRN backlocks are not to be trifled with. There are youtube vids now showing tricks to make it easier, but so far my FRN Spydies have remained shut.

I dropped my Endura in the toilet once. You bet that knife was taken apart, soaked in rubbing alcohol, and thoroughly sprayed with Lysol before it was put back together.

If I dropped a Medford in the toilet, I'd probably just flush it:poop:

Thanks for the response Vox. Lol I remember the lock stick on my 187... never had worse, but, after enduring it it had exceptionally good lockup.
I spoke with Greg directly on a very extreme lock-stick problem and he immediately told me to send it in. The issue with the knife I bought used was evidently taken apart and the detent ball was toast. I believe I spoke with Amy, sent it in, got it back within a week. I almost always carry either my Praetorian Genesis Ti, Infraction or Proxima.

Oh Mr. Shinyedges. I believe your rude comments do no one any good. A warranty has nothing to do with how complicated or simple a product is. If the terms state taking the item apart voids the warranty, wether it’s a car or a knife, or yo-yo for that matter, well, it voids the warranty. You don’t have to agree with it, nor do you have to adhere to it or purchase it. You just don’t get it fixed if you void the warranty. And if you take some time to read about them, there are plenty of knives you can take apart without a warranty.

If I dropped a Medford in the toilet, I'd probably just flush it:poop:[/QUOTE]

Actually, you could send it in because you didn’t void the warranty.

I dropped my Endura in the toilet once. You bet that knife was taken apart, soaked in rubbing alcohol, and thoroughly sprayed with Lysol before it was put back together.

If I dropped a Medford in the toilet, I'd probably just flush it:poop:

Lol. Careful, dropping your Medford onto you bed from pocket height will surely void the warranty.

Holding your Medford too close to your face while you look at it in a way so that your very destructive breathing hits the knife will also void the warranty.

Infact Greg recommends you send the knife in before any damage, otherwise the warranty is void.

Oh Mr. Shinyedges. I believe your rude comments do no one any good. A warranty has nothing to do with how complicated or simple a product is. If the terms state taking the item apart voids the warranty, wether it’s a car or a knife, or yo-yo for that matter, well, it voids the warranty. You don’t have to agree with it, nor do you have to adhere to it or purchase it. You just don’t get it fixed if you void the warranty. And if you take some time to read about them, there are plenty of knives you can take apart without a warranty.
I'm aware of how warranties work, but thanks for attempting to clarify something I already know. His examples of other products that lose warranties when taken apart were like and apple to orange comparison. Perhaps you don't understand that?

I'm aware of how warranties work, but thanks for attempting to clarify something I already know. His examples of other products that lose warranties when taken apart were like and apple to orange comparison. Perhaps you don't understand that?
Yes.... you are very wise Mr. Shinyedges.
And you’re quite welcome.

Yes.... you are very wise Mr. Shinyedges.
And you’re quite welcome.
I must warn you, I am susceptible to flattery! Thank you for your adoration. I wish I could return the compliment.

Well thanks Shiny edges. This was my first post here in a discussion and it will be my last. You reminded my why I tend to hate forums and that I have MUCH better things to do with my life then to listen to morons on the internet who value their self worth by how much of a prick he can be to the new guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back