1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 33 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker 732 Urban Trapper , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 17 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New 14 run

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by olywa, Jul 9, 2018.

1. TFBraden

TFBraden Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Thank you @waverave !

dc50 likes this.
  2. willard0341

willard0341 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Edit

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  3. spyderg

spyderg

Sep 28, 2014
    Lol, thnx!
    Something just spoke to me about this one. Seemed to be a good fit. Super happy with mine, almost ordered another when I got the email that they had more! I told them I want a matching 29!

waverave likes this.
  4. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Oh man that would be awesome. The 29 in deep green bone sounds great. Ive heard murmuring about some potential SFOs for next year can't wait to see how they unfold :)

Ajd3530 likes this.
  5. TFBraden

TFBraden Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 22, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JoeGoblyn

JoeGoblyn Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2018
    [​IMG]
    All of this years 14s I got.
    I really wish I’d gotten the CK sawcut red, but I’ve found myself only using the two blades. So maybe it’s for the best.

Joe

Laurelbb, Tom P, GE Jr and 16 others like this.
  7. waverave

waverave Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 7, 2018
    Well you sure picked four really nice ones Joe :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JoeGoblyn likes this.
  8. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    My two faves

[​IMG]

9. knifeswapper

knifeswapper Knife Peddler Dealer / Materials Provider

Sep 3, 2004
    The CC shield is the standalone in this run not pinned. It does happen very rarely in other club knives; but not a silent transition to a new way of applying shields at the factory. They have never pinned the CC shields.

On another note, having to try and do a bit of trademark work myself, if they got a legal trademark on a boot - I want the name of their trademark attorney...

btb01, waverave, NewBlades16 and 5 others like this.
  10. wlfryjr

wlfryjr Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Great pictures TF.
    When you get my age, you begin to reiterate.
    For those who didn’t know I was born in that little house on the blade,that was Barry’s (gunstockjack) handiwork.

seabil, willard0341, Chief and 13 others like this.
  11. JB in SC

JB in SC Gold Member Gold Member

May 19, 2001
    Still my favorite of the run, Barry's artwork is pretty cool :thumbsup:

TFBraden likes this.
  12. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Thank you for reiterating, Lyle. I appreciate the artwork on the tube too, since the blade etch isn't gonna stay visible forever. :(
    [​IMG]

untytled, TFBraden, GE Jr and 4 others like this.
  13. NewBlades16

NewBlades16 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2015
    Thanks for the info. So all of the CC variants on this run are not pinned?

14. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Lyle my friend , is that the house you helped your Daddy build ???? :) Just like Abe ?

Harry

15. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Was able to get a Lick Creek TC Barlow ordered from a dealer and it was shipped on 11-20-2018 . Just received notification that it is now only 40 miles from here . Extremely fast shipping with an average speed of 40 miles per day . Now I just hope that the shipment is okay . I have had this happen before only to get a Damaged Shipment with the Tube and Wax Paper without the Knife .

Harry

dc50 likes this.
  16. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    That is terrible. Do you think that previous knife was stolen on route to you?

Old Engineer likes this.
  17. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    I have always been convinced that the knife was Stolen out of the Damaged Tube . USPS did Exactly Nothing .

Harry

18. Travman

Travman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Or maybe the tube was damaged on purpose so the knife could be stolen. :(

Old Engineer likes this.
  19. Old Engineer

Nov 30, 2014
    Certainly possible although I will never know . I do believe there is some ------- out there who does not know what he has . It was an SFO .

Harry

Travman and DelOro like this.
  20. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2012
    What ever happened to the Ironwood CC's? I see no mention of them on the GEC site, did they give up?

Jim