New 14 run

The #14 TC Barlow that was shipped on the 20th finally arrived today and all was well with the shipment . No damage to anything . Why it took so long , I have no idea . I have to say that the knife itself is a Little Jewel . No Gaps , Centered Blade , and etc . I am very glad that I went ahead and got one late in the program . I was surprised that there were any left at a dealer . I want to thank traumkommode traumkommode and @t.willy both for contacting me to sell me one at fair prices , but things were just not right at the time .
Well done GEC and Charlie .

The TC then brings my Total for the New Run up to 6 . ( 2 Northfields , 2 Cripple Creeks , 1 Lick Creek , and 1 TC Barlow .

Total 14's from both runs

Harry

The #14 TC Barlow that was shipped on the 20th finally arrived today and all was well with the shipment . No damage to anything . Why it took so long , I have no idea . I have to say that the knife itself is a Little Jewel . No Gaps , Centered Blade , and etc . I am very glad that I went ahead and got one late in the program . I was surprised that there were any left at a dealer . I want to thank traumkommode traumkommode and @t.willy both for contacting me to sell me one at fair prices , but things were just not right at the time .

The TC then brings my Total for the New Run up to 6 . ( 2 Northfields , 2 Cripple Creeks , 1 Lick Creek , and 1 TC Barlow .

Harry
Congratulations on the TC!

l2ly7a6.jpg

Did I post this before? Dunno

Harry

Glad you got one, Harry! That's a real nice array!

Great pictures TF.
When you get my age, you begin to reiterate.
For those who didn’t know I was born in that little house on the blade,that was Barry’s (gunstockjack) handiwork.
Wow, I didn't know that! That makes it even more special.
I really glad you like the pictures!

On another note, having to try and do a bit of trademark work myself, if they got a legal trademark on a boot - I want the name of their trademark attorney...

:D

Maybe he can get you a trademark on the term "pocket knife," then all these other suckers will have to start calling their's "foldy-cutters" or something.

While unfortunate for those who's knives are losing the shields, it's a productive discussion. It helps us all know what to look for in GEC knives if we absolutely must have a pinned shield.

Apparently, any shield with features that might be damaged from the polishing process is subject to being glued instead of pinned. Makes sense but that would not have occurred to me if not for this thread.

I've never lost a shield on a GEC knife but I've lost them on two other knives that I can remember. I was fortunate enough to be able to find the shields and epoxy them back on. I don't look forward to the time when a shield falls off and I can't find it.

I have Gorilla Glue at the house. That should work, right? Any reason not to use it?

I have Gorilla Glue at the house. That should work, right? Any reason not to use it?

I don't know of any reason not to use it. I have some here at the house too that I haven't used for probably a decade or longer. I can't for the life of me remember what I used it for. Whatever it was must still be holding because I would remember if it didn't.

Back