New Liong Mah Knives for 2018

I am struggling a little with that knife now. I normally avoid knives over 3.5inch but this knife just doesn’t look that big in hand but I know it is over my comfort zone. And while the contrast of that micarta is nice I am not sure it is worth $30 more over the all Ti one that is $415 at knifecenter. Hmmm, decisions.

I have the micarta Lanny he did only 33 of and love that rarity. Wish I knew how many of these he was doing.

I am struggling a little with that knife now. I normally avoid knives over 3.5inch but this knife just doesn’t look that big in hand but I know it is over my comfort zone. And while the contrast of that micarta is nice I am not sure it is worth $30 more over the all Ti one that is $415 at knifecenter. Hmmm, decisions.

I have the micarta Lanny he did only 33 of and love that rarity. Wish I knew how many of these he was doing.
My edc is a small sebenza, before that it was a caly 3. I thought this was going to be huge, but it doesn’t seem that big at all when in hand. As for the extra $30 for a double sided inlay, for me definitely worth it!

^ Thank you much! How did you do that? I tried to do that for an hour and gave up, hence the link.

I've just asked him how many. He generally answers pretty fast.

I must be an oddball when it comes to knives. I have small hands. I only weigh about 65 kilos (140 pounds). But I've carried the 4 inch Eraser and loved it. Where other guys find hot spots I'm scratching my head trying to find them.

However I generally don't carry larger knives at my other job (which can involve a lot of box and cardboard cutting) in case it scares the sheeple customers. A 3.5 inch blade is about right between cutting power and scariness (I still had one complain about "the guy carrying a knife" to the manager). A 3 inch blade is normally way too small for long periods of cutting for me but it can depend on the blade and handle shape.

This is typical of what I'm cutting up. Sometimes for several hours at a time because the idiots I work with are too lazy and let them build up. These are furniture boxes and some are up to 15 feet long.

^ Thank you much! How did you do that? I tried to do that for an hour and gave up, hence the link.

While I don't use Imgur, the image hosting sites normally give you a range of links to choose from including one for forums. It's just a matter of picking the correct link to post. Looks like Imgur only gives one link.

Instead of pasting the link I copied and pasted the preview image. Thankfully Blade Forums is using the newer software that allows you to copy and paste the image - not just the link.

PPYW84B.jpg

My edc is a small sebenza, before that it was a caly 3. I thought this was going to be huge, but it doesn’t seem that big at all when in hand. As for the extra $30 for a double sided inlay, for me definitely worth it!

Liong just answered - 36 micarta warrior 2

So not very many again.

I sent Liong a link to this thread but he didn't seem too keen to join in. He is probably too busy with emails, phone calls, WeChat and Instagram messages.

No I stand corrected - the arrow next to "Copy" gives a drop down box that has a "share" option that gives the extra links. I wonder if they can hide it a bit deeper. Jesus.

That's a big cardboard box! Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier to simply break down the box and fold it rather than slice it up? If it's for testing purposes I can certainly understand cutting it up.

That's a big cardboard box! Out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier to simply break down the box and fold it rather than slice it up? If it's for testing purposes I can certainly understand cutting it up.

Sometimes I do that. But they changed out the big metal dumpsters for the small plastic ones so folding the really big boxes is usually not an option because they won't all fit in.

So I spend several hours cutting them up. Thankfully I don't get that duty every week.

Reactions: AF
Back