New Liong Mah Knives for 2018

yJUMdyM.jpg

6pfLCTp.jpg

That's a great looking knife. I much prefer this inlayed version to the patterned ti which makes the design look "busy" IMO.
I have the first gen in plain ti and it's one of my favorites.

View attachment 1005523
Hey 80's, do me favor and post a pic of your knife like this. Trying to see if mine is just jacked up not being sharpened the last quarter inch or if that is just the design. Thx

I just look at my warrior 2v2 and the grind is exactly like yours. Maybe they did that so you can rest finger there for delicate work. Anyone feels they could have done better with the pocket clip? Mines feels sharp and is for sure going to eat up my pockets. Also have a remedy with similar clip. Wish Reate/Liong Mah can design a better clip that goes in and out of the pocket more smoothly. Other than that the blades are badass. Really want to pick up Liong Mah lanny but can’t stand that filler tab. Just messes up the clean look of the show side. IMO

... Really want to pick up Liong Mah lanny but can’t stand that filler tab. Just messes up the clean look of the show side. IMO
yeah been thinking about some custom micarta scales for mine - getting rid of the filler tab.

I just look at my warrior 2v2 and the grind is exactly like yours. Maybe they did that so you can rest finger there for delicate work. Anyone feels they could have done better with the pocket clip? Mines feels sharp and is for sure going to eat up my pockets. Also have a remedy with similar clip. Wish Reate/Liong Mah can design a better clip that goes in and out of the pocket more smoothly. Other than that the blades are badass. Really want to pick up Liong Mah lanny but can’t stand that filler tab. Just messes up the clean look of the show side. IMO
Cool. Good to know. And I totally agree on the clip. At least two sharp points on it that I think should have been noticed and corrected within 3 minutes of handling. Just terrible. But the rest of it is so so nice I put up with it.

Cool. Good to know. And I totally agree on the clip. At least two sharp points on it that I think should have been noticed and corrected within 3 minutes of handling. Just terrible. But the rest of it is so so nice I put up with it.

People on the internet never cease to amaze me. If you don't like the clip, why don't you just call Liong Mah and talk to him? You live in the USA and you can't make a phone call to Florida????

Last edited:
People on the internet never cease to amaze me. If you don't like the clip, why don't you just call Liong Mah and talk to him? You live in the USA and you can't make a phone call to Florida????
That’s what forums are for, so people can speak their opinion. In USA it’s called freedom of speech. Your taking it as a complaint when I clearly said In My Opinion. We express our own individual opionions period. Nothing to be amazed about

That’s what forums are for, so people can speak their opinion. In USA it’s called freedom of speech. Your taking it as a complaint when I clearly said In My Opinion. We express our own individual opionions period. Nothing to be amazed about

It has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech. It's about you whining on a public forum about the clip and not having the balls to go back to Liong and suggest he make a change. He isn't watching this thread. Liong is a very nice guy and certainly not a threatening type if someone calls or emails him about something they don't like. Jesus, I hounded him him to death about changing from S35VN to M390 and he didn't get angry with me. He easily could have told me to f*uck off but he didn't.

I case you don't know, he changed the clip on the Lanny as it was way too tight for a lot of buyers - who did contact him about it. So he changed it.

Personally, if I'm carrying a US$400 knife in my pocket I want a tight clip so the damn thing doesn't fall out.

So if you don't like something let him know - he isn't going to bite you guys.

View attachment 1005523
Hey 80's, do me favor and post a pic of your knife like this. Trying to see if mine is just jacked up not being sharpened the last quarter inch or if that is just the design. Thx

Looks like all of this run was ground the same way. My CF Warrior2 v2 looks the same:
43617735680_b1cbacec0a_h.jpg

Everything else is perfect from a fit and finish standpoint, and it feels super light in my hand with the CF.
While it's a little bit disappointing on a blade in this price range, I'm just gonna fix it when I eventually sharpen the blade.

I also ordered an XV, and it's got a similar un-sharpened section. Fit and finish aside from this is perfect, and I LOVE the one piece handle! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Same for this blade, gonna fix it when I sharpen it.

Thx for the pic. Nice if ya. Doesn't bother me much but wanted to make sure it was normal. Cool. Thinking of getting the CF one too.

It has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech. It's about you whining on a public forum about the clip and not having the balls to go back to Liong and suggest he make a change. He isn't watching this thread. Liong is a very nice guy and certainly not a threatening type if someone calls or emails him about something they don't like. Jesus, I hounded him him to death about changing from S35VN to M390 and he didn't get angry with me. He easily could have told me to f*uck off but he didn't.

I case you don't know, he changed the clip on the Lanny as it was way too tight for a lot of buyers - who did contact him about it. So he changed it.

Personally, if I'm carrying a US$400 knife in my pocket I want a tight clip so the damn thing doesn't fall out.

So if you don't like something let him know - he isn't going to bite you guys.

Seriously the nicest maker I've interacted with.

i have a full ti milled warrior 2v2 and it has the smoothest flipping action and locks up like a vault, i like it so much i've ordered the carbon fiber warrior 2 v2 and its on it's way to my collection of reates as i write.

Reactions: AF
Back