1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

No setup, just dump those pockets...

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Gary W. Graley, Dec 1, 2018.

1. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    Just switched to sweats for the night. Not including the phone (used to take picture) this is what was in my jean's pockets just before they went in the wash

- slim wallet
    - Bic
    - LM P4 Squirt
    - Spyderco Manix 2
    - BM Hidden Canyon (was actually on my belt, but had to come off before jeans went into the wash)
    - Ruger LCP
    - Roughly $250 in cash

Not sure how some of you guys carry so much in your pockets.

[​IMG]

allenC, Tommy-Chi, marchone and 2 others like this.
  2. vox801

vox801 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 11, 2017
    51CD8155-376B-448B-966A-A819B7D31F03.jpeg

3. pinnah

pinnah

Jul 28, 2011
    Can't post pictures due to various circumstances so a simple list will have to do...

LFP: Money clip (engraved with "The Root of All Evil") with 2 credit cards, drivers and gun license.
    RFP: Leatherman Micra, some loose change and a few Ricola lozenges.
    LRP: Bandana
    RRP: Buck 110 with aluminum scales from Copper and Clad[1]
    Right Side Pocket: iPhone 6 in an Otterbox case [2]

[1] - I run a seam up the back of all my right rear pockets on all my pants to all for vertical carry of a large folder there.
    [2] - 99% of the time, I either wear Wrangler carpenters jeans or Dickies cargo pants, both of which have a cell phone pocket on the right thigh. I consider this a must have in pants as I can't stand phones on my belts or front or rear pockets.

Tommy-Chi and Gary W. Graley like this.
  4. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    You may have posted that before. Great idea. :thumbsup:

5. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Why? o_O

Gravy likes this.
  6. Charlie Mike

Charlie Mike Sober since 1-7-14 (still a Paranoid Nutjob) Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 1, 2000
    20181130_090322.jpg

7. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Some interesting carry there guys! I like it :)

Had a question about the 'bag' that I carry to work, so I dumped that out, but consider that this is my go to 'stuff' if it is needed so there are a lot of tools and things within, even a candle...cuz you never know!
    I'll not list everything because there is just too much of everything, there is a bogen table top tripod and a phone holder that I use when I need to keep the phone steady while taking photos, very handy! but didn't use on this shot so it could be included.
    I also have gotten to the point where I don't like sitting on my wallet, not that it is full of paper, never full of paper :( but because I just don't like it, so it usually sits in the bag at work or in my jacket pocket when not.

[​IMG]Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

all back inside

boy closeup photos sure show the lint and I even tried wiping it down...so it is a little cleaner...the bag has the 5.11 logo on the bottom corner, got this from BladeHQ seen here

And that about makes it, besides a small bugout bag in the trunk of the car, but I'll leave that for another thread someone else can start.
    G2

8. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Compared to some of you, I keep things pretty modest in terms of pocket use over the last few days. Pocket dump >> Vic Adventurer SAK, Boker Urban Trapper, Keys (2 sets) with a Leatherman Ps4 Squirt attached, coins, pen, and wallet.

Lapedog and Gary W. Graley like this.
  9. civtamayo

civtamayo

Feb 2, 2015
    Just missing my phone to take the picture
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  10. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    I always have a flashlight handy, but seldom in my pocket unless I'm using it. That is every day.... cell phone of course, but sometimes I forget to carry it on trips to the store. Seems to be becoming less of a priority for me. But I still depend on it to the point that I would replace it the next day if I broke or lost it.

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  11. Chefget

Chefget Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 2, 1998
    Here's mine...

IMG_20181203_142016.jpg

allenC, TPVT, J D Wijbenga and 4 others like this.
  12. Coldwaters

Coldwaters Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 12, 2016
    DE83B96C-3C0F-498B-8E48-310BC961E1E3.jpeg

allenC, onekerf, Tommy-Chi and 2 others like this.
  13. Tommy-Chi

Tommy-Chi

May 25, 2017
    I really like those knives. I think the potential for self defense with those knives is very high.

S90V is a pretty good steel, and the ZT 0095 blade shape is very good for cuts and thrusts.

Gary W. Graley and Charlie Mike like this.
  14. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    PSX_20181202_203736.jpg

allenC, b00n, Tommy-Chi and 1 other person like this.
  15. onekerf

onekerf Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2008
  16. b00n

b00n Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Yes, fine I own a 0095 and it is nice but why two? Do you plan on fumbling around and dropping one? I kinda sorta get when people carry a small traditional and a larger folder, but two identical knives is...ehhh..what? To me.

Tommy-Chi likes this.
  17. l1ranger

l1ranger

Jan 27, 2017
    b00n, two knives for two hands

b00n and Tommy-Chi like this.
  18. Tommy-Chi

Tommy-Chi

May 25, 2017
    I use to carry two knives all the time, and it's easier to carry duplicates. For carry knives I mostly carry duplicates and have quite a few.

Have to admit, I like my Bradford Guardians when I carry the 3 and 4.

Sheet.... I have so many nice knives. I need my head examined for buying any more, but I'm such an addict! :confused:

Gary W. Graley and onekerf like this.
  19. Tommy-Chi

Tommy-Chi

May 25, 2017
    They were so nice, I just had to have two! :p

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  20. onekerf

onekerf Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Two is one and one is none... :thumbsup:

Tommy-Chi and Gary W. Graley like this.