Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, I love that matte mid-blue w/ the dark blade! Dang.

That's an interesting chart up there - but it's lacking a critical dimension, which is hardness. These graphs come from actual testing by our own BF fellows under standardized protocols:
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/call-for-charpy-toughness-samples.1548360/page-50
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/call-for-charpy-toughness-samples.1548360/page-45

Larrin has more info up on his website (knifesteelnerds.com). And his book ain't shabby either.

Damn Daiz. That's the last thing I wanted to read all night long LOL. But definitely some good info there.

And I agree about the pricing on Benchmade and quality folders in general. I'm lucky to get 30% off directly from Benchmade, but they're still not cheap.

I checked out a bugout in bass pro a couple weeks ago and liked it, but wasn't the biggest fan of the grivory... I think the G10 will improve on the only area that I think needed to be improved on as far as making it a perfect EDC folder for me.... I don't plan on buying multiples... But one. Sure.

Y'all really don't snark like you used to....

What ever happened to Bladite and Guyon? They still around?

Not as busy as it used to be, by far. They pop in every once in a great while.

Everyone was tweener crazy back then, waiting for them to come out. Plus, Ethan hasn't been on here for nearly a year.

Happy ! :D After looking at the one snare I have on hand , and watching a couple of videos. I built a jig and made a snare swivel . My plan is to make parts from local available (cheap) and build my own snares .

A little whiskey tonight. Crown XO. Drank my last modelo. Then tried putting a good 17 degree edge on my birudashi on the opposite side of the chisel edge with diamond stones. That didnt work out so well. Started just rolling it over. Now i have a thick edge that wont cut crap. Damn you @daizee :D I need "warranty" work. That was obviously a manufacturer defect. LOL

Also.... Now im thinking i may "need" a blue titanium pocket clip for that bugout. Would match the thumb stud and whatever you call the stud things inside the folder.
IMG_6525_9ee937ae-280f-4616-a90d-9540d3b2ad13_1024x1024.jpg

I checked out a bugout in bass pro a couple weeks ago and liked it, but wasn't the biggest fan of the grivory... I think the G10 will improve on the only area that I think needed to be improved on as far as making it a perfect EDC folder for me.... I don't plan on buying multiples... But one. Sure.
The g10 version is much more rigid than the standard frn scales. The frn handles have a slight but noticeable flex if you squeeze them hard, not the g10. The g10 only adds a little extra weight. Another thing I noticed, if you add a flytanium titanium backspacer to the frn, it greatly reduces that flex.

A little whiskey tonight. Crown XO. Drank my last modelo. Then tried putting a good 17 degree edge on my birudashi on the opposite side of the chisel edge with diamond stones. That didnt work out so well. Started just rolling it over. Now i have a thick edge that wont cut crap. Damn you @daizee :D I need "warranty" work. That was obviously a manufacturer defect. LOL

Should be mandatory, whether you were drunk or not. Not sure if it's still considered "user error" if alcohol was involved. :thumbsup: :D

I should have went outside today and took a few knife shots before most of the snow melted.

I found a coffee cup, that reminded me of my 95 year old father in law, who fought in WWII, 101st Airborne, including the Battle of the Bulge. He's a little Italian guy. He's been very good to me, so I got it for him. Been waiting a few weeks to get it. Here's what I ordered:

And here's what they sent me:

EFF.

I found a coffee cup, that reminded me of my 95 year old father in law, who fought in WWII, 101st Airborne, including the Battle of the Bulge. He's a little Italian guy. He's been very good to me, so I got it for him. Been waiting a few weeks to get it. Here's what I ordered:

EFF.

I laughed. I'm sorry. That really sucks though for real.

It's not like he knew he was getting it or anything, but damn, haha. From the zon, and was not prime at all. I took a chance, contacted the seller, and asked for an exchange for the right one, instead of a refund. Probably have to wait two more weeks to get the wrong color again, haha. That would be my luck. :D

I can't believe the seller contacted me already. He said to just keep it, and he will send the right one "as soon as possible". However long that means, haha. Nice of him to do the right thang.

I can't believe the seller contacted me already. He said to just keep it, and he will send the right one "as soon as possible". However long that means, haha. Nice of him to do the right thang.

Good on them that theyre going to send the right one without you having the hassle of returning their mix up. The one they sent just looks sad compared to what you ordered. Hopefully they get it right next time.

EFF.
Bwahahahaha! Geez, thatโ€™s terrible. Did they send you a sharpie to finish it up?

Good on them that theyre going to send the right one without you having the hassle of returning their mix up. The one they sent just looks sad compared to what you ordered. Hopefully they get it right next time.
Sad, sad indeed, haha.

Bwahahahaha! Geez, thatโ€™s terrible. Did they send you a sharpie to finish it up?
Nah, they forgot the rest of the paint by number set. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back