1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by Aikiguy, Nov 18, 2020.

1. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    we topped out at 63 today officially - may hit 70 tomorrow.
    less than a week ago we bottomed out at -18 at my house not counting wind chill.

Crag the Brewer and tanglediver like this.
  2. gmoneyluv

gmoneyluv Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2012
    That's is a huge temp swing. Is that typical? We're getting a bit of a warm spell over the next few days. Temps will be above freezing which means lots of melting snow and possibly flooding. Been a crazy winter.

3. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Got to the mid 40's here today. Supposed to hit 52° tomorrow.

gmoneyluv likes this.
  4. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    neither is typical for us for this time of year.
    lows should be in the 20's, highs in the 40's.
    it's actually been about 30 years since we had a stretch of temps that cold for that long.

Jerry D. and gmoneyluv like this.
  5. Mass1632

Mass1632 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2019
    I got my first axis lock type knife today. Hogue ex03. Knife feels great in the hand, though its blade heavy due to the light handle and thick blade. I cant wait to put it to more use. Im so accustomed to liner and frame locks that this lock feels a little awkward to me to boot.

edit: i had thought this lock had the same internals as the able lock just actuated differently, but thats not the case. This has a plunge lock. Very cool knife regardless.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 11:34 AM
    daizee and Xr6x like this.
  6. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Congrats on the Hogue :thumbsup:! So far I’m really liking the Hogue Ritter :thumbsup: seems very well made. Smooth and solid :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    DF8BA3CF-370E-41D1-93BB-5A6727E8ADEB.jpeg 18FD41B9-677F-468D-B868-238CCAB799FF.jpeg

I went ahead and changed to the black hardware :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021 at 3:08 AM
    Jerry D., Aikiguy and daizee like this.
  7. Mass1632

Mass1632 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 24, 2019
    Thanks. It opens with such authority that it has flown right out of my hand three times. I cant say ive ever done that before.

[​IMG]

Only issue is the plunge lock has a bit of stick to it. Trying to work the button, it has stabbed me once. I havent cut myself in many moons. Im still digging it overall. I do have another button lock knife, a kershaw dimension. 8cr, chinese, speedsafe.

Jerry D. and Xr6x like this.
  8. plumberroy

plumberroy Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jan 27, 2007
    We had our annual at-a-boy session broadcast company wide today. Our labs have done 250,000 Covid 19 test since last March

1066vik and daizee like this.