Off Topic Not even a snark-wide pandemic can keep us down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it is small. Daizee, I believe it's glued. As far as the price goes, it was $53 shipped. I could have gotten a BK14, or something similar with a whole lot better QC for the same money.

Dang thats a good deal. I bet many people regret not buying 2 or 3.

Sounds like there have been many good deals in days past. I dont think well be seeing anything like that ever again.

If I recall correctly I got mine for $35, but it was an error on Tomar's website and the clearance was supposed to be $45.. not like that's a ton of difference.

Power outage at 0300 this morning.
House was 61F at 0730. Not too bad, fired up the woodstove. But thought I might have to go into the office today because no tech.

Undeterred, I made coffee w/ the dusty hand-grinder and a pot on the woodstove:

IMG_20210302_082054-small.jpg

IMG_20210302_083431-small.jpg

....and the power came back on at my 3rd sip. :p

Contacted Condor yesterday, and they were all over it very quickly. They're going to send me a return label, and replace it.

You KNOW they are WATCHING YOU!!! Just like monsters under the bed, they're under the boat too!
They MIGHT even BITE your boat.
But, WHATEVER YOU DO, don't play 'tag' with the man in the grey suit.

Power outage at 0300 this morning.
House was 61F at 0730. Not too bad, fired up the woodstove. But thought I might have to go into the office today because no tech.

Undeterred, I made coffee w/ the dusty hand-grinder and a pot on the woodstove:

IMG_20210302_082054-small.jpg

IMG_20210302_083431-small.jpg

....and the power came back on at my 3rd sip. :p

Is that a ceramic #2 filter holder? If so, where did you get it?

Is that a ceramic #2 filter holder? If so, where did you get it?

Alas no, it's a Chantal #4 that I got on the River Store. My girlfriend has a ceramic #2 branded with a independent coffee shop's mark. The ceramic #2's seem harder to find.

This particular one gets the mass-to-hole ratio right, tho obviously better for larger coffee volumes. I like ceramic because it pulls some heat out of the water (and adds no plastic) and avoids scalding the coffee. But It's a bit too much mass for a single-cup brew. The coffee steeps fine because the central liquid is still hot enough, but it tends to overcool a bit as it drips out unless you're making a very large mug. The mug I use at Dr. Wood's house is big enough. The one in the picture above is a bit small to thread that temperature needle perfectly. I burn easily tho, so cooler is better than too hot for me.

And as usual, that's WAY more info than you were looking for. :p

Alas no, it's a Chantal #4 that I got on the River Store. My girlfriend has a ceramic #2 branded with a independent coffee shop's mark. The ceramic #2's seem harder to find.

This particular one gets the mass-to-hole ratio right, tho obviously better for larger coffee volumes. I like ceramic because it pulls some heat out of the water (and adds no plastic) and avoids scalding the coffee. But It's a bit too much mass for a single-cup brew. The coffee steeps fine because the central liquid is still hot enough, but it tends to overcool a bit as it drips out unless you're making a very large mug. The mug I use at Dr. Wood's house is big enough. The one in the picture above is a bit small to thread that temperature needle perfectly. I burn easily tho, so cooler is better than too hot for me.

And as usual, that's WAY more info than you were looking for. :p

I have No idea what you and Gmoney are talking about....?
But I love coffee.

It's funny, I'm pretty much a Snob when it comes to beer/food/basically everything!
I LOVE coffee.... and I Should be a coffee snob, I really should be....but I'm not...I'll drink almost Anything, as long as it's not too weak, or too acidic, or too sweet. I like it all..... I just like coffee.
Tea people confuse me?
herbal tea is when you are sick.
Coffee is when you want to enjoy being Alive.

Now I need to look up what your doo-hickey is.....

I started using the Stanley ceramivac mugs about 2-3 yrs ago and havent looked back. I have the tumbler for when im on the go (work or travel) and the stein for at home. Ceramic lined walls prevent any plastic or metal from molesting my coffee flavor.

For camping, i use to use a plastic filter holder thing. But since ive gone to drinking only k cups, and my wife doesnt drink coffee, i have a โ€œmyjoeโ€. It works great and i recommend.

edit for pictures

XQGK7qJ.jpg

picture of camp last year, zooming in i can see my stein and the myjoe

Id3Ely2.jpg

Last edited:
With the 2021 forum knife ideas starting float around, it makes me wish kabar did sfos. 4โ€ bk62 would be pretty nice, maybe upgraded steel... hey, a man can dream. Then other forum members can enjoy such a simple yet amazing blade.

With the 2021 forum knife ideas starting float around, it makes me wish kabar did sfos. 4โ€ bk62 would be pretty nice, maybe upgraded steel... hey, a man can dream. Then other forum members can enjoy such a simple yet amazing blade.

'tis one of my favorites.

Hi ho, hi ho, off to the cabin I go...

Kind of have a bit of anxiety. Last time I was there, I was sicker than a dog. Also, just because I haven't been there in 4 months.

Kind of have a bit of anxiety. Last time I was there, I was sicker than a dog. Also, just because I haven't been there in 4 months.

Go Go Go!!!

Have a good time! Hope everything is in good condition. Im ready for a trip like that.

Negra modelo was one of my favorites for years. Its been some time since ive enjoyed one. Im going to have to pick some up before long.

I haven't tried the negra yet... Need to. I love my Modelo Especial.

I made bad choices last night... Went with my brother up to a "toy store" to grab some spark plugs, oil, and a filter for his side by side so we could service it...

Ended up coming home with a new Yamaha MT-03. My first bike... I blame him. He's a bad influence.

njGbO1e.jpg

S68jYMN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back