Notice!! A Black Jack!!

Finally received my Black Jack today but it was not a day to get any pictures taken . This is not a Boy's Knife but to me it is a nice size . I was not able to see any 2 Toned Black in the handles . The F & F of this knife is as good as any GEC that I have handled . It appears to me that both Blades have been Tumbled prior to the Sharpening process . This is way different than what I have seen on virtually all of my other GECs . Both blades are Flush in in all 3 positions . I like the clip and pen blades but I would trade the Pen for a Coping or Sheepfoot but this sized Pen blade is nice too . For those of you who wanted one and were not able to get one , I feel for you my friends . There have been many really great photos shown of this beautiful knife . I will show a picture of mine eventually when I can . Thank you Charlie waynorth waynorth and GEC . I will carry this knife , but only in a slip . I have a couple other knives that I would rather get Scuffed and Scratched .

Harry

Such a grand Jack Knife, Charlie!
Tzw2pbo.jpg

Fit/Finish/Walk/Talk are all superb. Blades snap with authority and that is a favored feature! The difference in finish that Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer mentioned is quite noticeable at the cut swedge on the master blade -- crisp, but no sharp spots. True for the Northfields as well.

paired with a Northfield...
xmvPKNe.jpg

Ahhhh hah! the tumbling would explain the softer corners of the swedge. I picked that up right away when I first handled my BlackJack. I actually prefer this feel. The only sharp edges I like are at one end of the blade. This would be something new for GEC, yes? (tumbled blades?) I need to check the end of the tangs now to see if there's a difference there as well when I get home to it.

What a fantastic looking pair MerryMadMonk MerryMadMonk !! Thanks for sharing.

All, I’m looking to flush the joints and get any factory gunk out before carrying full time. What do you all use to flush joints? Mineral oil, 3 in 1? Thanks for any help!

All, I’m looking to flush the joints and get any factory gunk out before carrying full time. What do you all use to flush joints? Mineral oil, 3 in 1? Thanks for any help!

Any general purpose oil is fine...... If you are going to cut up your steak and potatoes you might want to use a food safe oil such as mineral oil....

Such a grand Jack Knife, Charlie!
Tzw2pbo.jpg

Fit/Finish/Walk/Talk are all superb. Blades snap with authority and that is a favored feature! The difference in finish that Harry Old Engineer Old Engineer mentioned is quite noticeable at the cut swedge on the master blade -- crisp, but no sharp spots. True for the Northfields as well.

paired with a Northfield...
xmvPKNe.jpg
Great pair there Al:cool::thumbsup:

I am a liking me some BIG shields:eek::cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 1262580

As always, Impressive Lloyd:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tried to post a photo, but I’m new here and I’m struggling mightily. May try again later

Back