Old farts and friction folders.

pkjYqEW.jpg

Is the lever/stop also flint?

No, the lever/pivot section and the bail type piece are crafted of a piece of scrap A-2 tool steel I had laying around. I milled a pocket into the lever and secured the blade inside the cut out. After everything was shaped I thought it looked way too refined so I took an oxygen acetylene torch and slightly melted the steel pieces in an attempt to make them look old-fashioned.
I have a few more blades that have been chipped and are ready to be put into action somehow. I was contemplating an attempt at a large safety folder with a big blade and elk antler with leather blade guard.
C8BF37A9-9791-4167-99BF-BD49B619D1AC.jpeg

No, the lever/pivot section and the bail type piece are crafted of a piece of scrap A-2 tool steel I had laying around. I milled a pocket into the lever and secured the blade inside the cut out. After everything was shaped I thought it looked way too refined so I took an oxygen acetylene torch and slightly melted the steel pieces in an attempt to make them look old-fashioned.
I have a few more blades that have been chipped and are ready to be put into action somehow. I was contemplating an attempt at a large safety folder with a big blade and elk antler with leather blade guard.
View attachment 1412660
Wow.

This knife was made by Veríssimo's father (already deceased), so it is very old, but very beautiful.

Theres something so gracefully flowing in the lines of those knives. So eye pleasing that they seem head and shoulders over other knives of the type. Maybe it's the leaf like shaped blade that is reminiscent of the Sardinian Resolza that I love so much.

It looks like the son learned well from his father!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Theres something so gracefully flowing in the lines of those knives. So eye pleasing that they seem head and shoulders over other knives of the type. Maybe it's the leaf like shaped blade that is reminiscent of the Sardinian Resolza that I love so much.

Thank you very much Jack, yes Veríssimo (he is already 72 years old) followed his father's lines and very well.
Here's another knife made by him.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Agreed. Something about them catches the eye. Interesting that one has a liner lock too.

Back