"Old Knives"

View attachment 1668262

My grandmother has decided to move back to New York from Florida. In the bottom of a trunk that belonged to her dad I found this old Robeson. The blade has a bit of side to side play, and it had some red oxidation that I buffed off with some 0000 steel wool and hoppes gun oil. The action is still excellent, and it has beautiful (at least in my eyes) jigged bone covers.
How about some more of this one as well ?
I make out a curved stamp and lurve early rat-tails !!

Todays set up
The original Österberg no.22 on the right in MOP, and the wannabes to the left from Sven Gustaf Andersson, around 1890-1900
My modest 22:s collection
Just put on new G-10 scales on the latest find. 2blades, file and corkscrew. Unfortunatly the MOP was cracked to much to save, but it turned out ok :)

Wunderful work Barbababa :thumbsup::thumbsup:
and some real beauties posted there!
Beauty of a GS too.
I’m an oldie fan as well…
my 6246 says “hey” :)

Family portrait of my Schrades, left a few out that aren't in unused condition.

eQlQOON.jpeg
Wonderful wheel of Wonders, Rob!!!👍

Oh my Robo_O:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Lurvly and so we’ll preserved !!
More coffee for me and Thank you !
Thanks for the compliment, Gus:thumbsup: Now that you mention it I believe I'll have another cup of coffee myself :thumbsup:
Wow, what a collection!
I wouldn't mind seeing the used ones, as well. :)
Rachel, here's 2 old users, I have another one in the drawer somewhere. Thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:
bH7tV7l.jpeg

GREAT wheel rockman!

Dave
Dave, thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:
Willie, beautiful bone:thumbsup::thumbsup:
What a nice surprise to find! Thanks for sharing.
Wonderful wheel of Wonders, Rob!!!👍
Thanks for the compliment, Charlie :thumbsup:
Rob, beautiful wheel of fortune because they are worth a small fortune🤭😁👍! Extraordinary assemblage of the most
desirable of Schrade Cut folders!! Thanks for posting such a nice photograph.

Thanks for compliment, Lloyd. :thumbsup: They just don't come around often, must be part of the reason they are valuable :)

Couple added recently, a relic stag Empire Senator, 3 1/16", blades are full but it sat closed for 100 years and rusted.

Other is a curved stamp 3 1/2" Schrade Cut Co sheepsfoot jack, first Schrade curved stamp I have been able to find. Nice addition to my sheepsfoot jack collection.

IMG_4790.jpegIMG_4791.jpegIMG_4795.jpegIMG_4778.jpegIMG_4779.jpegIMG_4783.jpegIMG_4787.jpegIMG_4785.jpeg

Very knice John !
That krispy and shapely stag on the Empire senator is just so delish’ and a wunderful save!!
As Lloyd mentions above, that rare curved stamped SCC is mawvellous with those bones, lines, pulls and especially sweet bullet ends!
Lurvely scores…..
and more coffee, here again :)

Couple added recently, a relic stag Empire Senator, 3 1/16", blades are full but it sat closed for 100 years and rusted.

Other is a curved stamp 3 1/2" Schrade Cut Co sheepsfoot jack, first Schrade curved stamp I have been able to find. Nice addition to my sheepsfoot jack collection.

View attachment 1669400View attachment 1669401View attachment 1669402View attachment 1669403View attachment 1669404View attachment 1669405View attachment 1669406View attachment 1669407
A couple of great old knives, John!! Empire did a great job of darkening their Stag, and that nice Curved-stamp SCC is pre-WW1 !!!

Thanks for the compliment, Gus:thumbsup: Now that you mention it I believe I'll have another cup of coffee myself :thumbsup:

Rachel, here's 2 old users, I have another one in the drawer somewhere. Thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:
bH7tV7l.jpeg

Dave, thanks for the compliment :thumbsup:

Willie, beautiful bone:thumbsup::thumbsup:
What a nice surprise to find! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the compliment, Charlie :thumbsup:

Thanks for compliment, Lloyd. :thumbsup: They just don't come around often, must be part of the reason they are valuable :)
Beautiful examples there Rockman, would be over the moon to own such users.

View attachment 1669400View attachment 1669401View attachment 1669402View attachment 1669403View attachment 1669404View attachment 1669405View attachment 1669406View attachment 1669407
Wild sheepsfoot Jack there Augie, kind of stops you in your tracks that, absolutely gorgeous.

Back