"Old Knives"

Thank you Gus and Charlie!!

Fingers crossed Charlie for you.

I appreciate the thoughts!

Charlie I purchased last night a HJ exact twin Brother the Cigar Double Rats tailed Bolstered HJ ( pictured below ) - a twin to the one you so very kindly passed my way some time ago - actually in fact it was in person at the GEC Rendevous when you were sitting at your table 😃

This one I just picked up has the top missing from the Punch - I only purchased it to go aside your one to complete the search and to have the two same knives, one with the Trademark Brantford Stamped, and one with the Manufacturer Stamped Camillus.

I looked up Brantford and saw it was a Trademark, but was puzzled who made it, so I put that up on the shelf " to investigate further one day" so I was pleased to find this.

Brantford HJ from our Charlie...

SPjWLGC.jpg

CPHIrlR.jpg

ThjjUNu.jpg
Good detective work, Duncan!!

Thank you Charlie - the Camillus stamped version should be arriving at Mr. Hilborn’s any minute!
Charlie, Dave - the Brantford HJ above - is that the original Mayer Punch?
It could be, Duncan!! The patent drawings show the back of the punch ground differently, but when GEC made one on a (my) double-ender, they ran into clashing problems and had to regrind them round!! Maybe Camillus found a similar problem??

Sincerely hope the snail mail to you speed's up and the box appears Campbellclanman.
Since brexit the post/customs process has become tiresome and like yourself I had one package that I thought was doomed. It appeared, as if spat out of a whales mouth dog eared two months later. Keep the faith!!

Last edited:
Thank you ED, Paul and I found out yesterday it is stuck in Melbourne- I cant do anything as a receiver apparently, Poor Paul Has to get the USPS to investigate.
Thank you once again Paul my friend, and to the well wishers of the Parcel :) :thumbsup:
At least its somewhere your aware of! That's half the battle;)
It will be all the sweeter when it arrives!!

Thank you ED, Paul and I found out yesterday it is stuck in Melbourne- I cant do anything as a receiver apparently, Poor Paul Has to get the USPS to investigate.
Thank you once again Paul my friend, and to the well wishers of the Parcel :) :thumbsup:

That's definitely good news. At least now you know where it is instead of it being lost in the unknown. It may take some time to get it moving again but at least it isn't lost. We will need a full write up with lots of pictures when the package finally reaches you.

I found out yesterday it is stuck in Melbourne!
Definitely a start!! I hope it gets easier from here!
Maybe the planets are aligning!! I found out this A.M. that, after 30 days of incognito silence, my box has turned up at Customs in Quebec!! Headed the wrong way, but it's alive and well I hope!! If we get our boxes on the same day I will go to church!! 😲
🤣

Thank you my friends.
This is the usual way I get my knives, They get consolidated as they trickle through my North Dakota Postmasters door - in fact by the time I get them I have forgotten totally who I purchased most of them from 😔
I do agree - it’s now no longer lost - Paul battled for quite some some time to finally be able to get an enquiry underway - he got hold of quite a lovey lady who was really helpful- which is great - so now there is a case number active so we will see. 👍😊
I usually do a flood of photos when my knives arrive 🤪

Duncan I sure hope everything works out with the missing shipment, glad to see you at least know where it is now.

Picked up this W.R. Case & Sons large coke bottle C61050, large knife 5 1/2" closed. 9 1/2" open. Still has good snap and no play. I'm thinking 1905 to 1914. It has been hard for me to find decent early Case knives, this is only the second one I've acquired.

IMG_4970.jpegIMG_4973.jpegIMG_4982.jpegIMG_4977.jpegIMG_4978.jpegIMG_4983.jpeg

Duncan I sure hope everything works out with the missing shipment, glad to see you at least know where it is now.

Picked up this W.R. Case & Sons large coke bottle C61050, large knife 5 1/2" closed. 9 1/2" open. Still has good snap and no play. I'm thinking 1905 to 1914. It has been hard for me to find decent early Case knives, this is only the second one I've acquired.

View attachment 1696858View attachment 1696859View attachment 1696860View attachment 1696861View attachment 1696862View attachment 1696863
Real nice knife, John!! Definitely pre-WWI jigging!!
W.R.Case Pickbone 5.jpgW.R.Case Pickbone 4.jpg

Some pretty good news there Duncan and Charlie… here’s to finally being delivered to both of you soon !!
Beauty of a CASE coke bottle there John !
Real tasty with sweet jiggin’ and colours !!
Charlie those two are also REAL knice !
That EO…. I would be willingly chained to that any day !!

Beautiful WR Case & Sons knives Augie and Charlie!:thumbsup::thumbsup: Congratulations on finding the large coke bottle, Augie.
Duncan and Charlie, I hope you don't have to wait too much longer for your respective boxes of knives.
I have this WR Case & Sons 6216 1/2. I am sure I have posted it somewhere before, but I don't think in this thread. I don't have a pic of the pile side and it is still too dark to take pictures.

6216 1:2.JPG

Back