"Old Knives"

A Queen City equal end pen (1922-1945) and a New York Knife Co. (Walden, 1856-1931) in a fish pattern. Bernard Levine opines that the fish knife is the precursor to the fishtail pattern.

vC8yOy5.jpg

nZhOqH8.jpg

G05EjbS.jpg

MnyeLZB.jpg

- Stuart

I've been busy adding to the old knife pile... here are a couple r8shell r8shell inspired M.O.P. rescues ;) The United Cut Co I posted on Carl's Porch thread yesterday but have some better pictures here, like I mentioned, that was one of the many A Kastor & Sons trademarks c.1908-1922. The Clark Bros knife I bought just to inspect the tang stamp and when I got it, I couldn't believe how much steel they packed into such a little knife, no wonder the poor pearl burst at the seems, LoL :D Anyway, Goins has a Clark Bros from the early 1900's being in Kansas City, MO but this knife is clearly a German knife so it is likely one of those knives that were branded for Clark Bros by a German importer, early 1900s. Lastly is my first Robeson ShurEdge PocketEze :) PocketEze and EyeCandyEze :D

View attachment 939286 View attachment 939287 View attachment 939288
View attachment 939289
View attachment 939290
View attachment 939291
View attachment 939292
View attachment 939293
View attachment 939294
View attachment 939295

Stuart, once again I get a history lesson here. NEVER seen a knife like that. Can't come up with the correct adjective for that one. Lets go with gorgeous!

Kevin, splendid trio you have brought us again. A lot of the WOW factor going on there!

Neat Joseph Rodgers Glenn, I have owned many Sheffield’s with the same problem- and I do think having an over strong Spring on a Knife is a problem, most probably why the blade is still so nice.

Wow - Charlie - that Empire!!!!! Nice connection to Keen Kutter with that catalogue.

Nice! The A.W. Wadsworth & Son is a trademark of A Kastor, c.1905 to 1936... good find :):thumbsup: I posted one of mine on the "Black Friday" thread yesterday and have posted it on the old knives before too. Mine is a boys knife and really nicely made.

http://strazors.com/uploads/images/articles/kastorlist.pdf
Gosh, your Wadsworth Boy's Knife is a Winner! :):thumbsup:

I've seen that list of Kastor related brands, and thought it might be shorter to list the brands they didn't have a hand in. ;):D

Just opened up this beauty and put it to the front of the line for pictures ;) It's a c.1923-1926 Ulster Dwight Divine Boy Scout knife with a faint etch left on the blade! :cool: The last picture is the blade in "negative" mode which shows the etch a little better.

ULBS-3F.JPG

ULBS-3A.JPG
ULBS-3B.JPG
ULBS-3C.JPG
ULBS-3D.JPG
ULBS-3E.JPG

Last edited:
Glennbad, nice old barehead jack which was a long running model for Rodgers, at least back to the late 1800s. I believe yours dates to the late 1920s to 1930s, and funny that you mentioned that it was a nail breaker because they moved the nail pull further towards the blade tip on the same post war model.

waynorth, that is a fantastic Empire fish type folder, full etch and all!!!

r8shell, great old Wadsworth Barlow. Wadsworth was not a manufacturer, but offered a pretty full and unique range of models from several different countries.

DCMcElroy, that's a nice Camillus Scout knife, but probably a bit to recent for this "Old Knives" thread.

V. P., Wonderful old Ulster Scout knife, and a bonus to have that etch still in tact. And I loved that "United" pearl handled model with those beautiful bolsters.

Glennbad, nice old barehead jack which was a long running model for Rodgers, at least back to the late 1800s. I believe yours dates to the late 1920s to 1930s, and funny that you mentioned that it was a nail breaker because they moved the nail pull further towards the blade tip on the same post war model.

Thanks for that info!

DCMcElroy, that's a nice Camillus Scout knife, but probably a bit to recent for this "Old Knives" thread.

Thank you - I do apologize if the knife is too recent for this thread. No hard feelings at all if it needs to be moved to a more suitable place!

Thank you - I do apologize if the knife is too recent for this thread. No hard feelings at all if it needs to be moved to a more suitable place!

No problem, and certainly no need to move or remove it.
While there is no specific time frame for this thread, most posts tend to show knives which are at least 50 years old, and quite commonly prior to WWII.

Back