"Old Knives"

f26aa0.jpg
More nice ones, Jeff and eisman and Glennbad!!

@Pt-Luso , please tell us more about that cool knife!!

Its so nice to be on vacation and have the time to peruse and play on this forum. During a recent conversation with Jamie, @blademan13 I told him that I had been wanting to add some nice examples of vintage jigged bone to my small collection and asked him if he had any he would consider parting with. Especially if it was a Remington or Catt. He responded by showing me this beauty. Wonderful bone, great walk and talk, beautiful swedges and a still very visible etch. I am very happy that he allowed me the opportunity to add this to my collection. Thank you sir!!!!IMG_4377.PNG IMG_4376.PNG IMG_4378.PNG

Wow- this page has OUTSTANDING Knives!
Lostball- that Rem is the pinnacle my friend- amazing Knife - Jamie I one great guy and to pass that Knife over would mean an awful lot to me - amazing!
Barry follows up with a gorgeous Schrade!

Herder - what an outstanding example from the best.
I’m looking forward for more time to come back to view these beauties in depth.

A real beauty, Lostball, quite a gem!

Great score Lostball! Jamie has some great knives and it's nice to see you end up with one of them.

What a beauty!!!

That Remington is a stone beauty Lostball! :cool:

Recent addition, this snappy old Schrade Cut Co stockman:

StxnLw5.jpg

AibPNuj.jpg

N2H91vx.jpg

Wow- this page has OUTSTANDING Knives!
Lostball- that Rem is the pinnacle my friend- amazing Knife - Jamie I one great guy and to pass that Knife over would mean an awful lot to me - amazing!
Barry follows up with a gorgeous Schrade!

Herder - what an outstanding example from the best.
I’m looking forward for more time to come back to view these beauties in depth.

Thanks guys, I have Jamie to thank for all the great compliments. Its a special one!!! And did I mention the matchstrike pull on the main?????:D:D

Barry, I'm loving that Schrade Cut Co.!!!!!!

Herder, Just WOW......WOW!!!!!

Lostball, Barry and herder, those are the knives that get my heart a-pumpin'!!:)
If you ever find me on the floor, just wave one of those before my eyes!!!:eek:

Lostball, Barry, Herder, just great old knives!

Kevin, Eisman, those Marbles are great old knives, have yet to add one to the collection but do have this Jaeger which is similar.

View attachment 947476
I like the Jaeger alot Augie! Similar history to the Marbles knives only shorter lived... the Jaeger Bros started out making knives in the Duluth, MN area and then started a factory in Marinette, WI under the Aerial Cutlery brand. Interestingly enough, Marinette, WI is only 60 miles from Gladstone, MI where the Marbles knives were made o_O I'm sure at one point in time they were either foes or friends but Marbles won out on longevity although they did opt for the cheaper route by eventually out-sourcing their knives overseas. I love talking about these two manufacturer's since I've been in Michigan and Wisconsin my whole life and lived in Gladstone, MI for 4 years. The Marbles fixed blade hunter knife is one of the first knives I remember my Dad using :):thumbsup:

Back