"Old Knives"

So I received this knife tuesday only 2 hours after arriving home from cataract surgery. Naturally I couldn't see well but now that my vision is clearing up I see the remnants of an etch on the main blade, visble when the light is at the correct angle. Any way to bring it out without making it more faint? Flitz? You can't see it in this picture but every post is better with a picture. Will try to get a picture in daylight showing the etch.
BKDCzo0.jpg
If you can figure out how to switch your camera to "NEGATIVE" mode, sometimes it will miraculously show the etch better. Here is a couple I did with an old Ulster Boy Scout Knife and a Cattaraugus Scout. The Catt says "FORT PITT HDWE CO" and you can see the "Fort Pitt" part decent.
cattscout-1c-jpg.998359

cattscout-1f-jpg.998362

ulbs-3c-jpg.940753

ulbs-3e-jpg.940755

Duncan that's an awesome run of knives:eek::eek::eek: it's hard to pick a favorite but just a stroll thru the pictures this beveled blade knocked my socks off:thumbsup::thumbsup:;)

Another lovely Sears Knife, Sears knives made for them by Camillus that sport the Sta-Sharp Brand Name can be guaranteed to be quite an exceptional Knife! Here is a knife I havent seen before - and boy am I glad to be seeing it in front of me, I would like to thank my friend whom sold me this Knife!:)
Again a contract made Knife for Sears, and at times when trying to track a model of knife down - can be difficult when one is ordered by Sears, as they made a lot of specific requests in the makings of these Knives, changes to Hnadle materials, Sheilds, Blade options, Blade Grinds etches, Stampings - you name it, here I think Sears could have been responsible by request for the Blade grinds ?
The main Blade shape makes one think of the Streamline series Camillus made, this Knife- By Camillus with the Stamping on the Tang " High Carbon Steel" with Sta-Sharp etched on the Blade is around the 30's era.
The Etched name "Beveled Blade" couldn't be more correct- these Blades sport absolutely Incredible Bevels -

mojjIaN.jpg

JIcgVyo.jpg

0WyDW3R.jpg

4peJS4h.jpg

JMn1y1x.jpg

If you can figure out how to switch your camera to "NEGATIVE" mode, sometimes it will miraculously show the etch better. Here is a couple I did with an old Ulster Boy Scout Knife and a Cattaraugus Scout. The Catt says "FORT PITT HDWE CO" and you can see the "Fort Pitt" part decent.
cattscout-1c-jpg.998359

cattscout-1f-jpg.998362

ulbs-3c-jpg.940753

ulbs-3e-jpg.940755

Thanks Kevin, my phone is doesn't have a negative mode, once a picture is taken i can go to edit and there's the option for negative, didn't help on my existing photos but I'll keep playing with it, great idea and glad you are back posting some great knives:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Caliber of Knives shown lately is great, I have been waiting on some time to post photos of some of my latest Knives,
Lets start off with this one here....
I am thinking that you guys have seen this knife before? Thank you my friend for letting me pry this from your Hands.
Part of my collecting is a Scouts chapter, I have quite a few very very nice Scouts and decided now that if I buy a Scout- its going to be a pretty nice one, I am hoping that you guys thinks this fits that criteria!
Ulster - Dwight Divine, you are almost guaranteed that if it has Dwight Divine on that Knife - its going to be a nicely finished Knife with just that extra care of finishing.
This is the whole package here, The Knife itself probably wont get any better - it is is Excellent condition - as new having never been used and looks as though frozen in time, all the original box and wax-paper works as well as the gorgeous Knife- made the waiting game hard for this to arrive!
( Please forgive the Oil and fluff on the closed knife shots )

sBgoUap.jpg

KOJOOBU.jpg

hn6hd99.jpg

KOJOOBU.jpg

uo0HWn9.jpg

6gpPIGY.jpg

p20VcI7.jpg

IbuVdCQ.jpg

QptFRQd.jpg

sDb97nB.jpg

zFga2va.jpg

r3uZ7WP.jpg

Em4VatQ.jpg

IhCFmPF.jpg

LO0Fve0.jpg

Duncan, that is a stunning example of an official BSA knife!

Here's an old Walden Knife Co I picked up... nothing fancy but you don't see affordable Walden's that often anymore. A little light oil and the main blade started snapping like a turtle again ;)

View attachment 1272927 View attachment 1272928 View attachment 1272929
Nice find. :thumbsup:
Thanks Kevin, my phone is doesn't have a negative mode, once a picture is taken i can go to edit and there's the option for negative, didn't help on my existing photos but I'll keep playing with it, great idea and glad you are back posting some great knives:thumbsup:
I don't know if this helps any, but it's pretty cool looking.
Km9IGpY.jpg

The Caliber of Knives shown lately is great, I have been waiting on some time to post photos of some of my latest Knives,
Lets start off with this one here....
I am thinking that you guys have seen this knife before? Thank you my friend for letting me pry this from your Hands.
Part of my collecting is a Scouts chapter, I have quite a few very very nice Scouts and decided now that if I buy a Scout- its going to be a pretty nice one, I am hoping that you guys thinks this fits that criteria!
Ulster - Dwight Divine, you are almost guaranteed that if it has Dwight Divine on that Knife - its going to be a nicely finished Knife with just that extra care of finishing.
This is the whole package here, The Knife itself probably wont get any better - it is is Excellent condition - as new having never been used and looks as though frozen in time, all the original box and wax-paper works as well as the gorgeous Knife- made the waiting game hard for this to arrive!
( Please forgive the Oil and fluff on the closed knife shots )

hn6hd99.jpg

uo0HWn9.jpg

6gpPIGY.jpg

p20VcI7.jpg

IbuVdCQ.jpg

Em4VatQ.jpg

IhCFmPF.jpg

Here is another extremely nice conditioned Knife- A four Bladed Knife made for Sears with the Tang Stamp FORGED USA, a Sears contracted knife by Camillus, then you must be careful as there are Grey lines in some information, as Forged Steel with Craftsman etched on the Blade are made by Ulster, the Punches on that lovely Divine Dwight and this Knife are the same....food for thought there Never used whatsoever - a real gem....

mYCYWoB.jpg

zJaJuir.jpg

Another lovely Sears Knife, Sears knives made for them by Camillus that sport the Sta-Sharp Brand Name can be guaranteed to be quite an exceptional Knife! Here is a knife I havent seen before - and boy am I glad to be seeing it in front of me, I would like to thank my friend whom sold me this Knife!:)
Again a contract made Knife for Sears, and at times when trying to track a model of knife down - can be difficult when one is ordered by Sears, as they made a lot of specific requests in the makings of these Knives, changes to Hnadle materials, Sheilds, Blade options, Blade Grinds etches, Stampings - you name it, here I think Sears could have been responsible by request for the Blade grinds ?
The main Blade shape makes one think of the Streamline series Camillus made, this Knife- By Camillus with the Stamping on the Tang " High Carbon Steel" with Sta-Sharp etched on the Blade is around the 30's era.
The Etched name "Beveled Blade" couldn't be more correct- these Blades sport absolutely Incredible Bevels -

0WyDW3R.jpg

4peJS4h.jpg

JMn1y1x.jpg

Thank you Herder Sir :) :thumbsup:

Here is a knife that caught my attention, very much like the 10th Mountain Division Knives, this knife has something I havent seen on other " Mountain Division Types" FORGED USA ( written down so to be Camillus - but this looks so much like a Ulster - more homework to be done on this one ), Sears Branding on this Knife, when I was looking at this knife I spied a Liner Lock on the Punch, rarely seen in my eyes, and I am wondering if anyone else has an Ulster with this - from this era.
The in

The poor sellers Photos showed what I thought to be tampering on the Bolster pins, but if anyone owns a 10th Mountain division Knife ( I own one without the Bail ) you will see that this is Factory finishing and this knife is 100% original and untouched.

Being a Sears contract Knife- I wonder if the Liner lock was a stipulation from Sears?

ZBK8eql.jpg

It has the Ulster Punch....

Liner lock performing it's duty..

Thank you Dan matey ! I appreciate everyone's kind comments.

I couldnt go past this, this Ol' Girl has some age, but still turns the boys Heads!
HJ by Schrade Cut Co, Walden NY.
Pre-Peach seed Pic Bone - variances in colours on each side- But this doesnt bother me at all with knives like this....

aH1sLB3.jpg

im3Dhbf.jpg

EHLgDYM.jpg

wukemYh.jpg

Camillus = GREAT KNIVES!!!! Without a doubt.....
Nice Lockback 3 Liner Cammy, lovely Old Bone, neat Sabre Grind to the Blade - just a Majestic older Knife! - Tiny wee Pins all Hammered, Has a wee chip on the Shoulder - well....... the knife suits me then :oops:

FdIwiZS.jpg

PWFUCJ8.jpg
WOW Duncan!!! Just amazing my friend:cool::cool::cool: I'm tellin ya, the CC of NZ:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Thank you for the comments to my friends Jeff and Rob:thumbsup:, very much appreciated.

Rob- I agree matey, I have looked hard at that etch I believe it says Centre as well! Your eye Surgery worked!!! mind you -my eyes are buggered - so it may not be good news for you lol.

Pen Knives are of interest to me and now and then I will pick up one - although not the Centre of my attention- if I see a nice one, I will pick it up, and I picked up this tiny wee beauty.....
Stamped Ulster Knife Co. on it's tiny wee Tangs.
Beautiful bone..and small @ 2 & 3/4 closed.

Bz8ygV2.jpg

XmytWFx.jpg

Jepxj6C.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Paul, now folks- Paul has a memory problem, because what happens is that I buy knives and get them sent to Pauls house to build up- and of course a lot of people do not want to send knives overseas - so Paul graciously has these parcels arrive now and then, the problem is that Paul adds certain knives to the mix, I owe Paul massively, and I would like to show you just what Paul added to my box of knives- and this is just the LAST BOX!!! :eek:

Paul knows that one particular smaller grouping that I like to gather are nice TL-29's, ones that are just that little bit better, and I dont have a lot believe me, I have always wanted - but had trouble getting hold of Bone examples by both Schrade and Camillus, Paul not only sent me his beautiful Camillus Rogers Bone example- but also added a very nice Union Cut Co example in beautiful Cocobolo! not often do you see either floating around!

ya2fId0.jpg

EPwdfU5.jpg

VVwQnQl.jpg

DBo5n4E.jpg

ct8RAq6.jpg

Another gorgeous addition to my Scouts is this lovely Peach-Seed example- now Paul gave me this one as well! Paul THANK YOU my friend for your amazing generosity- but you have to Stop my friend lol.
Folks here is this amazing Knife- and a proud addition to my Scouts...

oEvwl2V.jpg

t1ZQzuw.jpg

The walk and Talk of this Knife is simply Superb...

k0Y0iEn.jpg

vJP3w6O.jpg

Thank you Paul, now folks- Paul has a memory problem, because what happens is that I buy knives and get them sent to Pauls house to build up- and of course a lot of people do not want to send knives overseas - so Paul graciously has these parcels arrive now and then, the problem is that Paul adds certain knives to the mix, I owe Paul massively, and I would like to show you just what Paul added to my box of knives- and this is just the LAST BOX!!! :eek:

Paul knows that one particular smaller grouping that I like to gather are nice TL-29's, ones that are just that little bit better, and I dont have a lot believe me, I have always wanted - but had trouble getting hold of Bone examples by both Schrade and Camillus, Paul not only sent me his beautiful Camillus Rogers Bone example- but also added a very nice Union Cut Co example in beautiful Cocobolo! not often do you see either floating around!

ya2fId0.jpg

EPwdfU5.jpg

VVwQnQl.jpg

DBo5n4E.jpg

ct8RAq6.jpg

Another gorgeous addition to my Scouts is this lovely Peach-Seed example- now Paul gave me this one as well! Paul THANK YOU my friend for your amazing generosity- but you have to Stop my friend lol.
Folks here is this amazing Knife- and a proud addition to my Scouts...

oEvwl2V.jpg

t1ZQzuw.jpg

The walk and Talk of this Knife is simply Superb...

k0Y0iEn.jpg

vJP3w6O.jpg

Paul sent you a couple beauties Duncan, some great and hard to find knives. Also that Divine Scout on the previous page would be the pinnacle of any Scout collection, congratulations.

I picked up this really nice cattaraugus 22529 3 7/16'' dogleg jack. Beautiful condition with factory edge and stunning bone. Those sharp and crisp swedges and grinds are so good, all with a beautiful mirror finish. I don't know much about catts but this sure didn't seem like one of the cobbled ones, and I did ask several knowledgeable people and they said it looked good. I figure it's pre-ww2 at least. Does anybody know a range in which this could have been made?

IMG_6777.jpg
IMG_6778.jpg
IMG_6774.JPG
IMG_6768.JPG
IMG_6769.JPG
IMG_6770.JPG

I found the pattern listed in a 1983 price guide. I think it's worth a bit more nowadays. ;)

IMG_6779.jpg

I picked up this really nice cattaraugus 22529 3 7/16'' dogleg jack. Beautiful condition with factory edge and stunning bone. Those sharp and crisp swedges and grinds are so good, all with a beautiful mirror finish. I don't know much about catts but this sure didn't seem like one of the cobbled ones, and I did ask several knowledgeable people and they said it looked good. I figure it's pre-ww2 at least. Does anybody know a range in which this could have been made?

View attachment 1273123
View attachment 1273124
View attachment 1273122
View attachment 1273125
View attachment 1273126
View attachment 1273127

I found the pattern listed in a 1983 price guide. I think it's worth a bit more nowadays. ;)

View attachment 1273135

Great knife Paul, one of the best Catt's I've seen.

What a stream of rarified knives!!:) You guys are hard acts to follow!!:eek:
I've posted this elsewhere - there are 3-4 places to post an old Scrade - but here are some fresh scans;
A NM Schrade Cut. Co. 2903 3/4Shackle knife in nice snappy shape with a Peachy suit of clothes!!:D
Bale Jack 1.jpg Bale Jack 2.jpg Bale Jack 3.jpg

Back