"Old Knives"

I picked up this really nice cattaraugus 22529 3 7/16'' dogleg jack. Beautiful condition with factory edge and stunning bone. Those sharp and crisp swedges and grinds are so good, all with a beautiful mirror finish. I don't know much about catts but this sure didn't seem like one of the cobbled ones, and I did ask several knowledgeable people and they said it looked good. I figure it's pre-ww2 at least. Does anybody know a range in which this could have been made?

View attachment 1273123
View attachment 1273124
View attachment 1273122
View attachment 1273125
View attachment 1273126
View attachment 1273127

I found the pattern listed in a 1983 price guide. I think it's worth a bit more nowadays. ;)

View attachment 1273135

I was going to PM you regarding this knife but your inbox is full.

Not really sure how old this knife is, but I landed a John Primble with coined liners today. Lighting was terrible but a 14 hour day today didn’t leave me many options.

B31-B84-F2-E8-E8-4959-BAF0-FB9-BA37-CBD96.jpg

48288981-F073-473-F-9100-3-A19041-E8-FFF.jpg

Yup - thats a Schrade all right - and what a beauty it is too 315!

Charlie- just left a Crater as wide as the Pacific with the Bomb he dropped in his last Post- WOW ! gorgeous Knives!

Reactions: 315
Some wonderful Cattaraugus models from TheChunk91 and mike Berkovitch, and a nice Primble from 315.
Two stunning Schrade folders from waynorth, and what a treat to see the Barlow salesman sample model which clearly shows the original factory blade grinds and finish.

SteveC, that looks like the deepest, sharpest and freshest Rogers bone I've seen, super nice!
Paul T., lovely old Schrade jigging, almost corn-cob-esque!

That's very cool! Looks like Centre City to me, you agree? Or do you see something different ? I just had cataract surgery so anything is possible for me:D
I think I can almost make out an "A" and a "L" after CENTR- like CENTRAL CITY. Each word looks like it's in side of a larger, elongated "C"- like "C C"

You may be right Matk, it's possible those are not ovals, I can't make out the completion of either oval, I like C C better, cooler than ovals, thanks :thumbsup:
I think I can almost make out an "A" and a "L" after CENTR- like CENTRAL CITY. Each word looks like it's in side of a larger, elongated "C"- like "C C"

RWlFWw1.jpg

SHpvVQg.jpg
9ujEWFJ.jpg
TvGSnDQ.jpg

Picked up this nice Ulster, I believe it's old enough for this thread. You can faintly make out a blade etch,unfortunately the price sticker was stuck to the blade where that dark stain is in the blade. I believe it stained the blade there.

David, that’s some tremendous looking bone on that knife. Nice score:thumbsup:

David, that’s some tremendous looking bone on that knife. Nice score:thumbsup:
Thanks, the covers are what caught my eye, I was being shown some other knives, but this was in another box to the side. I said can I look at that one,and the guy said sure. Then I opened it and it had such full blades and no wobble,and its probably less than a half an inch thick. All that combined was to much lol.

Back