Order of the Canoe

Thanks, still a beauty. I just have a soft spot for their funky "gum fuddy" black.

At the start of this century, Queen Cutlery did a range of Canoes called Cozy Glen. They had an Acorn shield and came with some really attractive bone, I had the app to get one but my lack of zeal for the pattern meant it went by. Regret that, as they were fine looking examples. A search of old threads may yield a pic. or perhaps a Cult Member has one?;)
I know this is an older thread and I haven't read through it completely so this may be a duplicate. I just got this one Will from Glenn.
image.jpeg

Hey all you canoe guys and gals, does anyone or did anyone make a canoe with a sheeps/coping secondary?

Thanks,
Clay

Hey all you canoe guys and gals, does anyone or did anyone make a canoe with a sheeps/coping secondary?

Thanks,
Clay

Clay, the only one I can think of is the Case Gunboat Canoe. It's a rather large Canoe with Spear, Spey, and Sheepsfoot blades.

There was also the Queen/Joe Pardue collaboration Canoe with three backsprings, two Spear blades, and one Sheepsfoot blade. Stag covers and D2 steel. Looks like a nice knife if you don't mind the thickness. I've wanted one for quite awhile but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

There was also the Queen/Joe Pardue collaboration Canoe with three backsprings, two Spear blades, and one Sheepsfoot blade. Stag covers and D2 steel. Looks like a nice knife if you don't mind the thickness. I've wanted one for quite awhile but just haven't pulled the trigger yet.
I shall check this one out. Thanks Rick.

IMG_1866.JPG I'm glad to see this thread coming back to life. Here's a previously posted picture that I thought was pretty cool. The patina, along with the etch, looks to me like the storms are rolling in!

I'll post 3 more of my canoes here.
A Rough Rider with sawcut bone covers (and fancy-schmancy bolsters):
xhfpuWq.jpg

A Robert Klaas mini canoe in autumn bone:
F5lMf3T.jpg

A Rough Rider "Diamond Jim" canoe with covers that are supposed to be smooth black bone (but the dye job is less than impressive):
tqIatF7.jpg

- GT

I have the same model Rough Rider with saw bone scales and fancy fluted bolsters. I purchased it at a time when I really wanted to just test the waters in possibly adding some Chinese made traditionals into the collection. The RR brand does not overwhelm my collection in numbers, but they are certainly represented. The saw bone scales were definitely one of the reasons for my warming up to the idea of owning RR specimens. I mean, my gosh, even the pics don't do the RR saw bone justice when compared to actually seeing them in hand. Even the garish fluted bolsters seem perfect on the Canoe. I still look at mine from time to time, and really appreciate it's appearance and overall styling (and shake my head on how little I paid for it).
The only other Canoe knives I have, are a Case with amber bone & canoe etching on it's CV steel blade, and a smooth black boned Colt (likely made in the same location as the RR Canoe). The Case is very nice, but the bold styling of that RR saw bone is one heck of an eye catcher!

Back