Overall best EDC?

Right now I'd go with my Buck 112 with amber stag scales paired with a ZT 0566...

This is the best one ever.
psEwAYO.jpg

And this is the best pair ever. Ever.:D
UKTAsrv.jpg

Last edited:
For every day, small is good. The Inkosi ended up being much more comfortable in hand than I was expecting. For a weekend in the wild I'll also drop the Umnumzaan in pocket.

I typically EDC a CQC-7 no wave partially serrated. It is great as a utility knife and perfect for what I need.

Needs a deep carry clip. Now that would make it “tactiewww”.

But to stay on track, I don’t have a perfect edc. Every time I think I found it, something new comes along. And I usually see it first here on this forum. :p

My two favorite brands are Olamic, and Emerson. I know, right? I have a lot of really nice knives, but those two are my favorites.

I have an Emerson Seax that's so sharp, I could probably split atoms with it. I also have a custom Busker that's my dress-up knife. I have a really large rotation of EDC knives, so for me, there's no one best.

That’s something alot of people overlook on Emersons. The blades are almost always absolutely perfectly ground with great edges.

That’s something alot of people overlook on Emersons. The blades are almost always absolutely perfectly ground with great edges.

This is true. Plus, several swipes on a ceramic rod and they absolutely scream. All of the other (and absolutely valid) criticisms aside, anyone who claims that Emersons aren't sharp, or can't easily be made that way, that's about the only time I have to call BS.

It's been alluded to several times, but I don't think that anyone has said it plainly yet: the "Overall Best EDC" is whatever works best for you. Some prefer smaller, lightweight knives. Others need a larger blade to handle more demanding cutting chores. Some need a blade that in a pinch, can also double as a pry bar. Some won't consider anything without a lock. Others can't legally carry anything with a lock. Some think the best lock is no lock at all - a fixed blade. Some carry in pocket while others prefer a clip. Some want a knife that is ambidextrous. Super steel vs. ease of maintenance. Modern vs. traditional. Etc.

There are certainly some knives that excel in many different areas for so many, so they're readily recommended and are considered excellent by many, like the Benchmade 940 or Griptilian/Mini Griptilian or the Spyderco Delica/Endura for example. However, just because something is widely considered to be "great" or "excellent" it does not mean that everyone will find that to be the case. Which leads me back to my former point.

Last edited:
This is true. Plus, several swipes on a ceramic rod and they absolutely scream. All of the other (and absolutely valid) criticisms aside, anyone who claims that Emersons aren't sharp, or can't easily be made that way, that's about the only time I have to call BS.

I love them and also fully admit to all the problems they have. If Ernie would fix one thing it should be the lockups.

At the moment, I'm really weighted toward the "C" in EDC...

The Benchmade Bugout is simply a joy to carry. Light, thin, deep carry, Axis lock, great steel.

Carries as though it isn't there. I've got a Spydie Baby Jess Horn that I like as well, but the Bugout carries just as easily and offers a more usable size blade for me.

So for me, at this moment in time, my overall best EDC is the Bugout.

The following are in my EDC rotation.

2 - Spyderco Yojimbo 2, CF, 20CV Blade
2 - Zero Tolerance 0095 Sprint Run with Titanium Handles and Tan Coated CMP S90V Steel Blade Model 0095TANBLK
1 - Cold Steel, Code 4, Clip Point in CTS XHP
1 - Cold Steel, American Lawman with Black G-10 Handles and Black Coated CTS-XHP Alloy 3.50" Drop Point Plain Edge Blade
1 - Cold Steel Recon 1 Spear Point Folding Knife (4 Inch CTS-XHP Plain Black DLC Blade) G10 Handles 27TLCS
1 - Bradford Guardian 3, M390 - Black G-10 - False Edge - Stonewashed
1 - Zero Tolerance Factory Custom 0450FCZDP Flipper Knife Ti PVD (3.25" Black)
1 - Spyderco Native 5 Lightweight Folding Knife 2.95" Maxamet Satin Plain Blade, Gray FRN Handles
1 - Winkler Knives/Jason Knight WK II Jaeger Fixed Blade Knife Black Micarta
1 - Cold Steel, Code 4, Spearpoint in CTS XHP
1 - Bastinelli Creations, PiKa
1 - Zero Tolerance 0609BLK
1 - Emerson Tactical Kwaiken
1 - Hinderer 3.5 inch Fatty Harpoon Tanto
1 - ZT Knives 0900

Here’s another one. I’ve never seen this one before. Similar idea to this. This one I am not sure if it is photoshopped but the one I saw with the more Terzuola slipjoint shaped blade was definitely real.

I’m pretty sure this one is real since they had to modify the stop pin. Also this handle looks like it might be from a knockoff. The one I can’t find was on a real crk handle.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I won’t argue against the OP’s assertions about Koenig. I’m equally impressed with my Arius, and with the lightening pockets and CF show scale, it only weighs 4.1 ounces. The smaller Mini Goblin is tempting; I’m still deciding what I think of that blade shape.

At a similar price, I also love the Holt Specter, which is slimmer and lighter than the Arius.

I also get that these all are pretty pricey. I usually carry less expensive knives for EDC. Among those, I find the SpydieChef hard to beat for overall use. The Three Rivers Neutron also is outstanding when I want at max a 3-inch blade, very thin in the pocket and super slicey.
xYppQX3.jpg

Back