Paramilitary 3

If it's just a smaller PM2, I'll probably pass on it, myself. Spyderco makes plenty of other small folders I want, like the Tasman Salt and the Domino. For this new knife to attract my interest, it'll need to have something which differentiates it from the PM2 and the Military.

If it's just a smaller PM2, I'll probably pass on it, myself. Spyderco makes plenty of other small folders I want, like the Tasman Salt and the Domino. For this new knife to attract my interest, it'll need to have something which differentiates it from the PM2 and the Military.

The size differentiates it from the PM2 and Military. That's the attraction and appeal.
People love the PM2 (and Millie) so much that why not keep ALL of its features and ergos and blade geometry, but make it in another size that fits other ranges of preferences and fits within size restrictions to reach regions where PM2 isn't legal.

Tasman Salt is in a drastically different category and will carry and cut much different. And Domino is nearly same size as PM2, and a RIL flipper.

I am all over the PM3 and hope it is exactly like the PM2 but smaller (handle especially) as I am in business casual M-F and the PM2 is just too big for that role for me.

Would it be a stupid question to ask when we might see these? I'm guessing 2017?

It's in-the-works. Will be made in Golden. Will be called the "Minuteman", a suggestion from a forumite.

sal

SO into this. Will be anxiously waiting for more info as it becomes available. So exciting!

Thanks Mr.Glesser for responding, can't wait for it to hit my pocket and wife's purse.

It's in-the-works. Will be made in Golden. Will be called the "Minuteman", a suggestion from a forumite.

sal
Sal,

Thank you for making that in Golden. After I returned from Iraq and the older I get, American made goods are even more important to me.

I also applaud you for the 9/11 and military memorial in your store. It gave me even more pride when I purchased my Manix 2 from it in person. It is my 6th Spyderco.

Side note: a Golden made Sage 2 or derivative thereof would save me from buying a small Insingo in the next few months....😉

Thanks again, I am always blown away when you comment in these forums!

Awesome! I was hoping for the Minuteman name (not my idea but one that I supported) but thought at some point Sal had stated there were some issues with using the name since another knife had it already. Whatever the case, I'm glad it worked out. Looking forward to this in a huge way!

I am very interested in this knife. Right now, my most favorite EDC is the Native 5 G10 scaled. It is nearly perfect imho. I will be watching for this one!!

Back