Paramilitary 3

very simply.... It is a scaled down para 2 with a 3 inch blade. Same design, same lock, etc.

lets just hope spyderco doesnt take advantage of all the hype being around it and OVERPRICE this blade, if it is the same knife as the PM2 but smaller then it should without a doubt be cheaper.

lets just hope spyderco doesnt take advantage of all the hype being around it and OVERPRICE this blade, if it is the same knife as the PM2 but smaller then it should without a doubt be cheaper.

I wouldn't be concerned about that at all.
Early supply numbers likely won't meet excessively high initial demand, and scalpers that will take advantage of. Not Spyderco.

This does not make sense.
If someone were to follow that logic, then why isn't the Tanaka the most expensive knife in the line-up if you are pricing based on size/weight?
It's not how it works.

If someone were to follow that logic, then why isn't the Tanaka the most expensive knife in the line-up if you are pricing based on size/weight?
It's not how it works.
Wrong... Look at the Mini Griptilian.

It's not how it works.

Why would I pay more for a knife that is smaller then an exact knife I already have. Smaller version of an already produced knife means smaller materials which inevitably means lesser manufacturing costs. I certainly dont expect it to be a lot cheaper, but at least $10 cheaper.

Why would I pay more for a knife that is smaller then an exact knife I already have. Smaller version of an already produced knife means smaller materials which inevitably means lesser manufacturing costs. I certainly dont expect it to be a lot cheaper, but at least $10 cheaper.

Good points.
Now makes me wonder why, for example, the G10 Native 5 S110V is more expensive than the G10 Manix 2 S110V? CBBL is lower cost to manufacture than a lock back?

I wouldn't expect this from a stand-up company like Spyderco.

It's not how it works.
No one is saying that the largest knives are the most expensive and the smallest are the least. It's a simple statement that when comparing prices between identical knives that only vary in size, the smaller versions always cost less - and that does make sense.

I wouldn't expect this from a stand-up company like Spyderco.

No one is saying that the largest knives are the most expensive and the smallest are the least. It's a simple statement that when comparing prices between identical knives that only vary in size, the smaller versions always cost less - and that does make sense.

Production volume may effect that cost... but we shall assume and hope it will do as well as the PM2! :)
But yeah, you're right, it does make sense to me now.

This sounds like a great idea. Ive been carrying the PM2 for almost 2 years now and I love everything about the knife except for it is just slightly too big for my EDC liking. Sounds like the PM3 or "Minuteman" is going to be my blade. Cant wait, lets hope it comes out sooner rather than later.

Super hyped for this knife! The PM2 is my favourite knife so I'm excited to get another model brother model to it.

Minuteman with ZDP or HAP40 - or maybe even M4? ou la la...

Unfortunately that's a forbidden mixture currently. Minuteman will be a Golden produced knife, and they do not use Japanese steel.

M4 though seems to be increasingly popular in production use, so yeah, throw some Minutemen on the line along with those exclusive M4 PM2's! :D

I see an opening down the road for a "Paraminuteman". Then the PMM2. [emoji2]🕸

When they announce the Cruwear grey G10 Minuteman, no one better try and stop me from getting my credit card out. Grail to the nth degree of Grail right there!

I will definitely check one of these out. It will be interesting to see where this knife 'fits in' and settles in with the rest of the Spyderco line, especially along side the Delica (but not overlooking the Sage, disc. Caly 3, Chaparral, etc.). Without handling the PM3/Minuteman first, it seems to be pretty close to a Delica, but made with open construction, g-10 handles and a compression lock - a good recipe for a smaller practical/usable EDC!

Awesome! I was hoping for the Minuteman name (not my idea but one that I supported) but thought at some point Sal had stated there were some issues with using the name since another knife had it already. Whatever the case, I'm glad it worked out. Looking forward to this in a huge way!

Keeping with the military theme, the Spyderco Militia would have been cool. But now that I type it, I guess it's too close to military. Good call on Minuteman...

I believe it was forum user "mastiff" (not be confused with The Mastiff) who coined the Minuteman moniker among one of these half a dozen "PM3/Paramilitary3" related threads. He used to post many lengthy responses, but I haven't seen him active recently...

Back