Pistol/dagger project

100_0841_edited.jpg

100_0838_edited.jpg

100_0844_edited.jpg

Bruce thank you very much for sharing this intriguing and fascinating process, very cool :thumbup: .

Bruce thank you very much for sharing this intriguing and fascinating process, very cool :thumbup: .

You're welcome Sam and others that appreciate the photos.

I'm having alot of fun doing this tutorial, if you can call it that. There are so many small steps that I cant photo and include here. I dont have any set plans whatsoever so I'm flying by the seat of my pants. At the same time I'm learning to post the images on here. Right now photobucket wont allow me to import anymore for some reason. These last three are posted because my buddy Larry came over to bail me out.

I have the blade down to 400 grit and ready to hand rub soon. I still need to decide how the liners will be bolted on the frame and what the bolsters will look like. I want to make shell pommels and flash guards. The ram rod will store in the pommel. It may take me a week or two to be ready to send it out for engraving. After that it will get some photo shoot time. Jim Cooper does a super job but I may have a local photographer try it. I will send photos to some magazines and hopefully one will publish it in a year or so. They are always 4or5 months behind.
I dont know what handle materials to use either. Ivory or amber dyed stag maybe?

I would think the Knife Magazines would be all over this project for a photo shoot. I also still think the Discovery channel needs to come to your shop for a while a make a documentary.

I would think the Knife Magazines would be all over this project for a photo shoot. I also still think the Discovery channel needs to come to your shop for a while a make a documentary.

I'd love to see that. Hell even a visit from Mike Rowe for a Dirty Jobs episode would be great.

LOL Bruce could come on TV Right after the American Chopper time slot and just have his own show with custom knives and Shooters. Once a week he could race Paulie Jr. to see what got finished first the knife or the Chopper.

You're amazing Bruce!!!!
Maybe someday I'll hit the lottery and we can open a knife maker's school, you'll be the Grand Poobah for sure!!!!

Bruce, mind if I share some of our pictures with guys on another forum? You'll get full credit and I'll link them back to this thread for details. This is just too cool of a project!!!

Back