REK Ember fixed blade discussion thread

that's awesome!! Hey how does the kydex on that sheath work?!

I’ll assume your asking about woodysone woodysone sheath. For his leather sheath he opted to try some thin leather. So I added kydex to the exterior. It’s kinda a kydex overlay for protection :) If I recall that’s .063 kydex.

I’ll assume your asking about woodysone woodysone sheath. For his leather sheath he opted to try some thin leather. So I added kydex to the exterior. It’s kinda a kydex overlay for protection :) If I recall that’s .063 kydex.
Cool yeah was wondering the purposed of that kydex piece!

I'm still carrying mine every day on the belt :)

So how is everyone carrying their Ember?
I'm using my Duramax sheath in pocket without a clip or on my belt with a Mummert clip. Or I use Josh's kydex sheath in my pocket with no clip.

So how is everyone carrying their Ember?
I'm using my Duramax sheath in pocket without a clip or on my belt with a Mummert clip. Or I use Josh's kydex sheath in my pocket with no clip.

I just got to check out some of those Ulti Clips from some knives @einsteinjon and they are pretty sweet... love how they clamp down, I could see them working well for pocket carry to prevent the sheath from moving or coming out of the pocket.

I think my favorite carry position is horizontal appendix carry @ 11 o clock (i'm right handed) - seems to work well for me and never get in the way. but I'm still rocking vertical carry in my duramax duramax sheath :D

Josh, the Ember is quickly becoming my favorite walk around knife, the Dlc coating seams to bee holding up good but were coming into summer and digging around in the dirt. Will let you know how it holds up.
IW70dGT.jpg

Josh, the Ember is quickly becoming my favorite walk around knife, the Dlc coating seams to bee holding up good but were coming into summer and digging around in the dirt. Will let you know how it holds up.
IW70dGT.jpg
Awesome! Dude that's a big tree!!! What's the story with that lol

It’s really annoying to me that BF isn’t giving me notifications to this thread...

Anywho, glad to be back. Huge thanks to, Bill duramax duramax for this excellent sheath.

This is how I am carrying the Ember...in Bill’s sheath around the house, and in Josh’s kydex inverted at work.

03D744FB-C826-4903-B45A-23553E717ABA.jpeg 4EB32D16-52EB-438D-98A2-6281822B0974.jpeg 566A5874-C8E8-4C6A-8ACA-D9BD3A9B46A6.jpeg 6AC35B51-0399-451F-AC06-6453BE6D41ED.jpeg

Back