Ridiculous budget blade-4 dollar Ozark Trails folders, good blade-pic heavy

I've given a couple of mine some spine wacks and haven't had any lock failure yet. Maybe it's cause I took a look at the liner and how it was positioned in the package before I bought them, I saw some that definitely looked questionable and made sure to avoid those.
Same here, mine hasn't failed yet either thou I've tried to make it. Also I haven't had any steel issues since reprofiling it, I think it only chipped during the initial sharpening bc of a burnt factory edge. It actually holds an edge better than I originally expected, and at 15dps with 20dps micro bevel it actually takes an impressive edge and slices reasonably well.

While I don't like that WalMart has destroyed small businesses, I have to support that our country provides for the freedom that allowed them to grow from a small business to the monster they are.
They offer a product, we buy it, they make a profit and they grow.
I also think it's ridiculous that football players make tens of millions a year off of the poor people (including those underpaid WalMart employees), but it's a free country, no?

Probably way too political, so I'll digress:
Why is it that so many folding knives with serrations are made for left-handed users when approximately 90% of the population is right-handed?

Same forum oogling 400 knives and taking pics of them as their edc has 160+ comments about how great a $4 Chinese Walmart junk knife is. Hmmm I am totally lost here.

My comments are anything but how great they are, I could pick one up in the store and tell what it is. A POS cheaply made Chinese knife Walmart had made in quantity to turn a profit on.

My comments are anything but how great they are, I could pick one up in the store and tell what it is. A POS cheaply made Chinese knife Walmart had made in quantity to turn a profit on.
7b1766d3b9ca6a03459757ef3a233df2.jpg

My record isn't anymore broke than the ones that keep praising this knife like they couldn't have lived without it.

Are you trying to insult me by calling me a guy?
I don't really look at user names. Your gender/sex didn't even register to me in the slightest. Are you gonna turn this into a gender pronoun thing? Are you really that upset about this knife? Come on, I just used sarcasm to agree with the post I quoted (broken record) that we all know your opinion by now.

My record isn't anymore broke than the ones that keep praising this knife like they couldn't have lived without it.
I understand you have a nice collection of expensive knives however not everyone does. Some of us find it interesting discussing exactly how cheap a knife can be and still have it perform. No one is saying what you claim though. We're just objectively assessing it for what it is, not comparing it to $200 knives. Please realize this before you insist on once again telling us exactly how crappy this blade is compared to your collection.

I understand you have a nice collection of expensive knives however not everyone does. Some of us find it interesting discussing exactly how cheap a knife can be and still have it perform. No one is saying what you claim though. We're just objectively assessing it for what it is, not comparing it to $200 knives. Please realize this before you insist on once again telling us exactly how crappy this blade is compared to your collection.

I wasn't and never did compare it to anything, besides what I thought of it. Which is a waste of 4 bucks, but by all means if you think it's great say so, just as I say it's not. That's what this forum is for members opinions of knives, not each other.

Exactly, these knives aren't top quality, and I wouldn't throw my pm2 in the drawer in favour of it either. However when you judge them for what they are, there not a bad beater knives. Some people just can't get past a price tag, only $4 o well it's gotta be junk...

On a side note while waiting for my daughter's bus to arrive I was messing around and found some down branches in the yard ranging from .5- 1.5" in diameter and proceeded to cross baton the tan model to make roughly 18" long sections then batoned em down and made some feather sticks. The knife didn't break, there's no signs of blade play, and the edge held up without issue, in fact it'll still cleanly slice phone book paper, and whittle hair.

Last edited:
Back