Server issues @ BFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a very patient sort but even I am getting rather exasperated with the functionality of this site. Every evening, like clockwork, from shortly before 7pm Pacific to 7:30+, this site is obnoxiously unusable.

There needs to be some fires lit under some rear ends, this is getting tiresome.

I agree that last night was particularly bad. I couldn’t even get the site to load. Same timeframe that Pàdruig hit the wall.

Would be nice to pro rate ones membership and only be charged for when the site is functional, even then it's still B.S.

This morning (Pacific Time) 9:00AM to 10:45AM was brutal. Even if the site came up, individual threads would not load.

Same thing happens between 6 and 9 at night.

8:00pm Mountain on the button and not a second before, happens every night. Terrible for the first twenty minutes, then is back to normal about an hour later.

It also seems to happen around 11am and sometime in the afternoon.

This doesn't seem to be a priority. I'm starting to feel like I'm in a rental property where the landlord won't fix the toilet:eek:

There’s a giant clue, since starting at 7pm PT, 8pm CT and 10pm ET everything slows down to a crawl and doesn’t fully recover until about an hour later. Perhaps whatever that scheduled process is it can be pushed forward to say 1am PT!

We have now lived with this situation for THREE months!

I've been back and forth with the hosting company on this.

First they tell me we are getting DDOSed, and I tell them that the only traffic coming through the firewall should be from cloudflare, then they tell me that's the case, then they can't figure out what's going on. Meanwhile they are combining multiple companies together under one corporate umbrella, then doing their covid response. Sigh.

Respectfully - yeah this sucks. Nearly 3 months - 13 pages of users daily updates and gripes and nothing to suggest that it will be fixed anytime soon. If the hosting company is shuffling their organization in the midst of the current pandemic block - no good changes will be happening soon. Just stating the obvious I'm afraid. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back