Show Us Your Gunstock Traditionals

Another nice old S&M, a jumbo gunstock stockman in burnt stag.

B1OqIf4.jpg
That stockman is sweet. I am awaiting the arrival of 3 different old Schatt gunstock knives. The S&M knives I have to date are every bit as nice as my GEC knives and even better. I stick to those Schatts built earlier than 2006 and try to inspect them or at least get sufficient photo evidence of the quality. As with any manufacturer there can be QC issues regarding fit/finish. So far I've only ever had objectionable quality from Sheffield cutlers. Maybe I'm lucky, don't know.

This one is a bit dubious ;) I find it rather tasteless, borderline vulgar:D It certainly packs a load of bling and Sabre has never been in my favour zone much either. However, it is undeniably well made and finished albeit garish, the bone is actually well done but the other features are a bit too much on one knife. Opinions vary of course :thumbsup:

VzEc77d.jpg

I think the GEC #44 is one of their best, most well made and useful patterns. I’d still have mine but chemo destroyed my nails and I had a devil of a time opening it.

A. G. Russell sells a device called a Steel Thumbnail that is useful for opening folders when your fingernails are in bad shape.

This one is a bit dubious ;) I find it rather tasteless, borderline vulgar:D It certainly packs a load of bling and Sabre has never been in my favour zone much either. However, it is undeniably well made and finished albeit garish, the bone is actually well done but the other features are a bit too much on one knife. Opinions vary of course :thumbsup:

VzEc77d.jpg
Like the jigging and the shield. I am also fond of the saber grind clip point. Interesting knife - thanks for sharing.

I've shown this one before, but not in this thread. It's kind of a hybrid to my eye, part gunstock (but has round bolsters), part dogleg (but has a swell center), and somewhat like a Eureka jack, but not quite. What would you call it??? I call it nice! :cool:

cg5V3yh.jpg

l88hIIv.jpg
I would say it's cool - but it isn't a classic gunstock pattern. I like though.

I've shown this one before, but not in this thread. It's kind of a hybrid to my eye, part gunstock (but has round bolsters), part dogleg (but has a swell center), and somewhat like a Eureka jack, but not quite. What would you call it??? I call it nice! :cool:

cg5V3yh.jpg

l88hIIv.jpg

Maybe...club end jack?

I really like the GEC #44. I have a Cocobolo, a Gabon Ebony, and a Stag. The Stag is in my EDC rotation.

But my 1st Gen Bulldog Gunstock Stockman makes me smile.

Brian

Ksei9w3.jpg
Was that knife made in Solingen? Great looking stockman gunstock.

36039198833_bb834a6ff1.jpg

Back