Sir Snark-A-Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've lost track of how many times I've gone back and forth between 30 and 35.

Car troubles, pff. Last Sunday, I felt something hitting the underside of my car. When I looked in the rearview mirror I saw something black bouncing away. A rock or some asphalt, I presumed. Today the same thing happened. That was too much coincidence in my book since I've had that thing happen to me only two times, and that's these two times in the last three days. So when I got home I checked underneath the hood. The hose of the radiator has broken off. Probably some other stuff missing too. I wonder how this happens.
My girlfriend drove me back to both places (not far from home) and I found one piece of thick threaded screw that has broken off somewhere. Covered in black dust.

Not really amused. Gonna drive the car to the garage tomorrow. Carefully, 'cause the engine was hot as f*ck.

Got my new grinder in today. The belt fits this time but still bounces a little bit on the platen. Not as much so im just going to deal with it.

The box was more messed up this time than last. I expected the grinder to be all messed up but there was only a few dings in it... Still there shouldnt be any dings in it when you buy brand new... But i dont have the time and patience to deal with replacing this one for minor issues.

Also got the respirator today as well!!! Thank you Murph! Great timing it showed up the same day as the grinder.

Also got the Fred Rowe bubble jig in today too :D

Ill be doing some playing tomorrow while the kids are in school for sure... Maybe even RIGHT NOW.....

:D

I downgraded from a '90 F250 4x4 that got 13mpg to a 2wd '93 S10 that gets 22, and I paid cash. Gas and insurance ain't too bad when you do it that way.

I drive a ford probe gt. Gets around 20 mpg how I drive it. So far it's been good, I've only had to fix a few little things here and their. I actually just got new tires for it today, after I picked up the tires, it threw a check engine light. Something with the idle air control valve. I really hope it's just a vacume leak or loose connection, I really don't have money to fix it :cool:

15084487079_0e50ab21c7.jpg

Car troubles, pff. Last Sunday, I felt something hitting the underside of my car. When I looked in the rearview mirror I saw something black bouncing away. A rock or some asphalt, I presumed. Today the same thing happened. That was too much coincidence in my book since I've had that thing happen to me only two times, and that's these two times in the last three days. So when I got home I checked underneath the hood. The hose of the radiator has broken off. Probably some other stuff missing too. I wonder how this happens.
My girlfriend drove me back to both places (not far from home) and I found one piece of thick threaded screw that has broken off somewhere. Covered in black dust.

Not really amused. Gonna drive the car to the garage tomorrow. Carefully, 'cause the engine was hot as f*ck.

i know the pain mine is at the shop now 400 bucks more gone down the tube!

Ordered a wood burner today for the cabin. Yee haw.

Cut my finger pretty good yesterday, right on the knuckle. It's only on the meaty side this time though, not through the tendon so it should heal up just fine.

Be careful out there.

I couldn't remember posting this, I then looked at the user name...Ahhhh....:D Seriously though, I hope it heels up quick and nothing really bad comes of it. What did you cut it with?

I drive a ford probe gt. Gets around 20 mpg how I drive it. So far it's been good, I've only had to fix a few little things here and their. I actually just got new tires for it today, after I picked up the tires, it threw a check engine light. Something with the idle air control valve. I really hope it's just a vacume leak or loose connection, I really don't have money to fix it :cool:
When I am romping on the right pedal I get about 18 mpg, when I "nurse it" (keep it under 90) I get about 25 mpg, if I drive "normal" (keep it around 65) I get right around 35.

Looks good! Get to grinding!

You might want to get it towed actually. That can get some real badness going on!

Agreed.

If it has already over heated once, you REALLY shouldn't try it again. Unless the garage is only a couple of kilometers away.

I just got a new phone last week and the text on this forum seems to be of different sizes for each person. Anybody else experience this?

I just got a new phone last week and the text on this forum seems to be of different sizes for each person. Anybody else experience this?

No. It all looks good from here.

I sharpened up my BM triage and stashed it in the glove box, and it got me to thinking, maybe a need a 3 in there too

Just found out that Chris (BePrepared), one of our fellow Beckerheads, was killed in an auto accident on Saturday. Not sure if this is old news or not for y'all, but it's news to me. He was one of my first customers, and I had several really good chats with him, and was planning on meeting up with him this trip to chop some stuff. Really bummed to hear of his passing. If you haven't done already, send up some smoke and prayers for his family.

That really sucks Crimson, I hate to hear things like this.

Smoke and prayers sent.

Be safe out there guys.

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back