Sleeping with knives

I don't know why some of you think of defense first. I'm laying in bed watching TV fondling a knife. Not hiding under the covers with it. LOL

May not be your thing, but that's most definitely the vibe I got from the OP. Dude said he frequently went to bed with a knife in his hand; not sure how else to take that statement.:D

I don't have a gf or wife so I went to sleep with my new knife last night. Thankfully I do sleep alone because she was under my pillow and ended up further down the bed when I woke up last night.

May not be your thing, but that's most definitely the vibe I got from the OP. Dude said he frequently went to bed with a knife in his hand; not sure how else to take that statement.:D
LOL'd sounds like he's holding his bankie to me.

I sleep with my glock 23 loaded with cor bon DPX, surefire weapon light, two mags, and a 870 Winchester, my knives saty in my Bug Out Bag

I clip my delica to my pocket when I sleep, and I also have another folder and a light under a table in arms reach from where I sleep. As well as a Glock 19 with a weapon light. Hey, you never know.... If nothing ever happens then I don't need them and they stay where they are and don't bother me. If something does happen.... I'd much rather be prepared. That's the thing I can't understand with all the liberal gun haters that say we don't need handguns/guns.

You really think I'm going to rely on a police officer miles away from me to come and protect my girl and I if someone ever breaks in? Hell no. I'm not going to just lay down and be a victim. Plus I work way too hard for the things I've bought to just be fine with some nut bag taking my shit. Sure, these things are unlikely to happen depending on where you live but they do happen. I've actually been the victim of an attempted car jacking years ago, I ended up getting away by smashing my way through some parked cars but it wasn't fun. Luckily for the guy I wasn't carrying at the time. That will not happen again as I always carry now.

Living in a no-no gun country, I adapt with what I have.

Since I am in the new house I've slept with this under my pillow.

20150821_233507_zpsoyiylriq.jpg

And I don't have a table just next to me, but in the opposite side of the room. There I have an emergency bag and a cheapo, throw-away expendable machete in its sheath, stored in a way that little pressure is required to unsheathe it silently.

20150821_233526_zpsubllmpyo.jpg

20150821_233612_zpshrqhdqv6.jpg

I have very light sleep, the most unadverted noise or weird things tends to wake me up...But no, nothing IN my hand. I'd be afraid to stab or cut myself, really. Stabbed myself many times, no fun thing to do.

DSC02229_zpsbhlbiqs4.jpg

I uhh...wow, no. I don't sleep with a knife in hand, in my bed, or on my bedside stand. I have multiple firearms in reach. If I end up having need a knife in the event of a home invasion, something took a drastic turn that I can't even imagine.

This.

I've got a Cold Steel Kukri Machete under the bed... More because I forgot it was there than anything.

I don't know why some of you think of defense first. I'm laying in bed watching TV fondling a knife. Not hiding under the covers with it. LOL
This is exactly what I do all the time when I watch movie or something.
...glock 23 loaded with cor bon DPX...
I think they are the way to go this days. In 9mm +P they penetrate two walls with no insulation and will drop on the floor.
Good SD round, Barnes also got they own ammo, same load as CorBon, better casing and the bullets are coated just like the old BT :D

The only time I sleep with a knife clipped to my pants/shorts, is when camping in a tent...especially when set up beside a cold-deep-fast moving river, in a strong wind storm.

Not with me in bed, but there are a few blades a ruger SR40 with 16 180 grain gold dots on alert and a 12g shotgun within arms length!

I keep my knives in a pelican case when I go to bed. (Gotta be able to save them easy if the house catches fire). Next to my bed I keep my .40 and an extremely bright flashlight, and a few steps away I have a Benelli nova, just incase. Every now and then I may have a knife on the nightstand but usually then it's there simply because I forgot to put it away.

On my nightstand, I have a BK9, a hushpuppy, and a bright light. An 870 with 00 is near by. If I need more than that, I am single handedly fighting off a foreign invasion, or doing something wrong. Either way, I have plenty of other fun things here and there around the house.

Back